getraks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Need help in understanding the Math of Nutrition-KRIS Gethin

Hi.. I am planning to start KRIS Gethin program 12 weeks body transformation .. Although , Kris says not to count calories, but hey if i can , i want to and am bit confused after doing the research in the bodubuilding.com website. Below is the calculation , using only KRIS's data (All data available in his videos & bodybulingdotcoms nutrition articles) (Unfortunately , Iam not allowed to post links, but all data available in Bodybuildingdotcom itself)

1. Calculating BMR(Maintenance calories)( As told by Kris in his Main series Introductory video), so Kris is 230pounds (Check Day 84 video , in which he mentions he reduced 30 pounds to 201( although its 29 , but thats ok), so therefore at the start of the program Kris was 230pounds
    then his BMR is : 230*15 = 3450 calories

2. Daily activity levels: to find out how much is his calorific expenditure everyday;
    Conservatively assuming he is athlete/Hard training range(this is Highest activity range used for PRO's), his calorific expenditure PER DAY: 3450*2(200%)=6900cal/DAY

note: I am bit confused , as to reduce 500 cal ( to loose fat/gain muscle) from point 2 above or not , but again on a conservative basis I am NOT reducing anything from point 2 above

3. Target Daily Calories consumption for KRIS to reach his Target Weight of 200 pounds( alongwith gaining muscle) is 6900cal/day (Point 2 above)
    Based on Kris Instruction (check his Nutrition video)
    Calories should be consumed in the below mentioned manner:

Total Target Calories * 40% Protein/40% carbohydrate/20% fat
    For ease of calculation , only taking Protein part of calorie( since this also the most important in muscle building)

Daily PROTEIN calorie that KRIS should consume will be : 6900* 40% = 2760 Protein calories/day

4. Point 3 number need to be converted into grams for KRIS to know , how much gms of Protein he should eat every day to reach his Target Protein calorie( Point 3).

Calorie per gm for Protein is : 4 calories per gm
    Therefore, KRIS should consume 2760/4 = 690 gms of Protein PER DAY

However, KRIS as he mentions in DAY 2 video ( Packing 200gms of protein per meal for the day) , he eats : 200gm * 6 meals= 1200gms of protein PER DAY, which is way higher than his Target Protein , precisely = 510gms of EXTRA protein per DAY

Note:
    1 . If i reduce 500 cal from calculation made in point 2 above , the numbers will be more skewed
    2. Even if i simply ignore all the math above and take KRIS simple Instruction of consuming 1 to 1.5 gms of protein per pound of body weight which is in the Nutrition video

KRIS should consume 230pounds*1.5 = 345gms of protein .. this is very very less versus what he is consuming or infact consumed..

Where am i going wrong ?

thanks

BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. You don't multiply his bmr with 2. That is outrageous you must hard daily exercise or sports and a very physical job to have that. He doesn't workout 8 hours of the day.

IMO Kris doesn't know sh*t about nutrition when compared to Emma-Leigh.

Read this thread to find how many calories and macros you should eat.
    "When God solves my problems, I have faith in his abilities. When He doesn't solve my problems, He has faith in mine."

Rep'n back every time. (100+)

Weakling [ ] --- Weak [x] --- Semi-Weak [ ] --- Average [ ] --- Semi-Strong [ ] --- Strong [ ] --- Strong(er) [ ]

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by getraks View Post
    Where am i going wrong ?
    By following any of Gethin's nutritional "advices."

Follow the link provided to you in post #2. Forget "ratios;" figure your actual macro requirements in gram amounts, not %.

Not counting your daily calorie intake is a path to failure. Measure, track, and know how much and of what you're consuming.

Additionally, stay away from any nutrition "plan" that specifies a list of "required" supplements.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 02-02-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    By following any of Gethin's nutritional "advices."
    Haha. Quoted and repped for truth.

Follow the link provided to you in post #2. Forget "ratios;" figure your actual macro requirements in gram amounts, not %.

Not counting your daily calorie intake is a path to failure. Measure, track, and know how much and of what you're consuming.[/QUOTE]
    "When God solves my problems, I have faith in his abilities. When He doesn't solve my problems, He has faith in mine."

Rep'n back every time. (100+)

Weakling [ ] --- Weak [x] --- Semi-Weak [ ] --- Average [ ] --- Semi-Strong [ ] --- Strong [ ] --- Strong(er) [ ]