rwdoyle17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How come I don't get that sore anymore?

I have been working out a lot more regularly recently, and I notice that I'm not getting that sore afterwards anymore. I started to supplement with glutamine, but I can't imagine it has that much effect on my recovery. I know also that I'm not slacking off during my routines, I go 110% every time I'm in the gym, and I'm usually there for at least 45 min to an hour. I guess this is normal, my body getting used to certain excercises, but even after changing my routine a bit, I'm still hardly sore. Any thoughts?

Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Who cares if you're not getting sore anymore, the question is are you still making gains?
    "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag except that's in Ohio." - Dudley Dawson aka Booger

"Idle Hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know God hates that" - Drippy

Glim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its common..After a few months of consistant lifting, soreness doesnt come on as painful..Its really a combination of muscles recovering faster, and science having no real explanation yet.

But yes, if ur not making gains, flip the routine up..otherwise go with it
    GNC= Rip off

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: How come I don't get that sore anymore?

Originally posted by rwdoyle17
    I have been working out a lot more regularly recently, and I notice that I'm not getting that sore afterwards anymore.
    you just answered your own question, you are probably over training......when i was over training i would never get sore either, because my muscles never had a chance to heal......chances are you are doing the same

I'm still making gains, and I carefully break up my routine to ensure I never do one muscle group for more than one day a week. Moste recently, I've moved to this routine:

Monday: Chest/Tris - Cardio
    Tuesday: Back/Bis
    Wednesday: Legs - Cardio
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Cardio
    Saturday: Chest/Tris
    Sunday: Off

Monday: Back Bis - Cardio
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: Shoulders
    Thursday: Cardio
    Friday: Off
    Saturday: Chest/Tris - Cardio
    Sunday:Back/Bis

and so on...

I am still getting stronger, but I was just wondering if there was a medical explanation for why I'm not getting that sore anymore.
    I was thinking of taking a whole week off coming up (I do that every 12 weeks or so), maintaining with cardio. Maybe this will change the soreness factor, we'll have to see

Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Because your muscles have conditioned themselves for resistance training on a regular basis. Cycle off weights for a few months and BAM, you've got to start all over again.

Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trainer2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just because you're not getting sore doesn't mean you're not working out hard enough. I'm the same way. I was only sore for a couple of wks, and never again. Our bodies have conditioned themselves for this kind of training. Now we KNOW we're making gains. If I can weight train 4 days a wk, do 4-5 heavy sets of each exercise to failure, and not get one sore muscle, I KNOW I've made some serious gains. I know right away that my muscle strengh and endurance has increased, for they can take much more heat than before. This is a good thing. Don't be busting your ass trying to get sore again. That would be overtraining at this stage.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Lats McGee
    Who cares if you're not getting sore anymore, the question is are you still making gains?
    bump.

That's all you should care about. Gains in reps, weight used, how you look in the mirror or what the tape measure says. Pump, burn and soreness don't mean much. If it happens fine, if not, no big deal. Sometimes I get sore, sometimes I don't. A lot of factors can determine soreness or not, diet, rest, etc.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you feel the burn then you are doing something wrong..a.k.a. vertraining
    always go heavy no matter what

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by xenonguy
    if you feel the burn then you are doing something wrong..a.k.a. vertraining
    Could just be that you're doing too many reps and the lactic acid is building up in your muscles. Light weight, high reps will give that burn... I think. I don't do light weight
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you do high reps,your muscles secrete lactic acid and you feel the burning sensation,,feel the burn is a ridiculous motto for bodybuilding,like i said soreness,burning is not a good indicator of good workout especially soreness,i get soreness occasionally,that doesn't mean that i am not building muscle,if you don't pay attention to your hydration and nutrition(don't drink water) you would definitely feel soreness,this is what i say

oneBIGlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I carefully break up my routine to ensure I never do one muscle group for more than one day a week

Monday: Chest/Tris - Cardio
    Tuesday: Back/Bis
    Wednesday: Legs - Cardio
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Cardio
    Saturday: Chest/Tris
    Sunday: Off

Monday: Back Bis - Cardio
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: Shoulders
    Thursday: Cardio
    Friday: Off
    Saturday: Chest/Tris - Cardio
    Sunday:Back/Bis

call me crazy, but you are dumb...

Originally posted by oneBIGlifter
    call me crazy, but you are dumb...
    Ok, please critique...this is my most recent split, but I'd like to know what's wrong with doing chest and tris (pushing) with back and bis (pulling) on the same day, 2x per week?

oneBIGlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, please critique...this is my most recent split, but I'd like to know what's wrong with doing chest and tris (pushing) with back and bis (pulling) on the same day, 2x per week?
    uhhh, are you saying you do chest/tri/back/bi all in the same day, twice a week? I just don't understand what u mean?

Originally posted by oneBIGlifter
    uhhh, are you saying you do chest/tri/back/bi all in the same day, twice a week? I just don't understand what u mean?
    No, that's a two week breakdown...since I do Chest/tris on Sat. the first week, I don't want to start the next week two days later on Monday with the same thing. I alternate all my excercises this way, so each week, I'm doing different groups twice...

You shouldnt be doing back the day before legs..your lower back is used during squats and deadlifts and whatnot, and you could risk injury..I think your split should be kicked out the door..Something like this may be a better idea IMO

monday-Legs
    Tues-Chest
    wed-Back
    thurs-off
    friday-shoulders/arms

going to the gym six days a week doesnt mean 4 days cant be just as benificial, it all depends what you do.

Guys, correct me if im wrong, but people who train 6 days a week weather its cardio and/or wieghts, dont usually last to long...ie..get burned out, injury

Also i understand what your trying to do with a two week split..but I think it should be switched up every couple months, not every week
    GNC= Rip off

don't do cardio after weight traning,you will definitely impede your muscle building process

Originally posted by Glim
    You shouldnt be doing back the day before legs..your lower back is used during squats and deadlifts and whatnot, and you could risk injury
    Thanks, I didn't think of that, but it makes perfect sense. I think I will try the approach suggested above. Also, is it ok to take 2 days off after doing legs? I usually find cardio after a hard leg day to be very difficult, at least for a few days afterwards. This is something I've been thinking of doing, but have always felt guilty about. Maybe I'll switch the legs to the middle of the week, and do a few days of cardio beforehand, only leaving lifting days for afterwards. What do you think of this approach?

I would suggest a little switching up in the split

mon-chest
    tues-back
    wed-off
    thurs-shoulders/arms
    friday-legs

This gives you your two days of rest..

I would suggest cardio on sun,mon,tues,thurs, or mon-thurs...def no cardio on friday/leg day..

Anyway doing legs on friday should solve your problems..gives you the weekend to rest up..Make sure you have a really good leg warmup routine to minimize soreness..

Mine consists of a ten minute warmup that looks like this
    -brisk 5 minute walk to warm up my legs
    -quick set of legs extensions and leg curls at very low wieght..like 40 pounds
    -controlled stretching of the hams, quads..Not quick stretches..serious 15 second long stetches..no bouncing..
    do this correctly and you should be sore for one day at max..and ready for cardio sun and/or mon
    GNC= Rip off

oh yeah also bump to the no cardio after wieght training..you need to go protien hunting right away post workout..you need to get a serious dose of protien within the post hour..the sooner the better..i suggest and alot of people say they dont have the time...is to split it up through the day..

i get up, grab a cereal bar..and go running or whatever...then i wieght train after work at 430 ish

i guess if anything do cardio before...but there seems to be alot of debate about this issue on the boards...So check that thread out and take it as you want
    GNC= Rip off