Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Bench thread was good but, How much can the average untrained man DEADLIFT?

Id say 160-190lbs and that might be a bit much.
    db shoulder press : can get the 115s up
    db bench: 125 x 10 x 4.
    bulking to 200 even if it kills me.

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1 million pounds.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rockhuddy View Post
    1 million pounds.
    with or without straps?

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my first guess would be "who cares," but after some additional thought, I'm going with "who cares"
    Who was this love of yours?

rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    with or without straps?
    With. 750,000 without.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

NASM Certified Trainer Sullyx44's Avatar
    Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sullyx44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    my first guess would be "who cares," but after some additional thought, I'm going with "who cares"
    x's 2
    -Sully

12 Day Rotation Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106287961

Past Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=18873661&posted=1#post18873661

Past Journal WS4BB:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=927687

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    there's a thread like this on the powerlifting section, actually saw some high numbers (like in the 350's for first time deadlifters) but these guys were probably squatting heavy weight already when they did that.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lmao. /thread.
    Founder of DPA Fitness & Author of The Weight Training Antidote.
    My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

I care.

That's right. What now?

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rockhuddy View Post
    I care.
    That's right. What now?
    Eh, I got nothin'.
    Who was this love of yours?

RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think the average man would be capable of deadlifting his own bodyweight without any type of training.
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and well, sometimes the bar eats you.

Registered User TheGrandmaster1's Avatar
    TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Whiteheart View Post
    Id say 160-190lbs and that might be a bit much.
    It has to be more than that I would think.

TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All jokes aside, in all seriousness, I care, a lot. I want to know how I measure up against Joe Everyman. It's important to me. It helps my self -esteem a great deal, which is something that has always been a problem for me.

Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100) Get some is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TheGrandmaster1 View Post
    All jokes aside, in all seriousness, I care, a lot. I want to know how I measure up against Joe Everyman. It's important to me. It helps my self -esteem a great deal, which is something that has always been a problem for me.
    Well, short of interviewing every man out there and possibly taking the time to get them to actually perform a deadlift because they don't know what the hell you're talking about, you're never really going to know, which is going to leave your self-esteem in a very confused and unenlightened state. Be happy with whatever you're lifting, that's the one that counts.

Originally Posted by Get some View Post
    Well, short of interviewing every man out there and possibly taking the time to get them to actually perform a deadlift because they don't know what the hell you're talking about, you're never really going to know, which is going to leave your self-esteem in a very confused and unenlightened state. Be happy with whatever you're lifting, that's the one that counts.
    Not necessarily. One would only have to take a sampling of say, 500 regular males to draw a fairly accurate generalization over the entire populous. After 500, the results would likely not change much, and so, such a study could easily be done I think. I think even 100 randomly sampled males from a verity of demographics could yield us a fairly accurate idea of what the average deadlift for a male would be.

Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooks15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    id say 200-225
    225x39

qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    More than likely well over 200 pounds. I deadlifted almost 315 the first time I deadlifted and I'm only 16 (not a "man"). However, I have really good leverages for deadlifting, and all summer I dug holes and carried rocks around for my dads landscaping business.

This is kinda a dumb question cuz nobody will ever know.

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its low... very low... again the average man does not work out, has a weak lower back and no grip...
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

/\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think an untrained adult male would probably lift his bodyweight
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    .............................. R.I.P...................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian............
    .............. ₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪₪...............
    .▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think it ranges greatly on how big they are and how much of that weight is fat or muscle, theres some naturally big guys who im sure coudl do aroudn 300 with straps first try and then theres some tiny guys who would struggle at 185

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most men (90% +) would be "untrained"...
    http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html

ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000) ozzybob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There is a standard:
    Attached Files
    Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

"Bodybuilding is fifty percent diet, and sixty percent training. Yes, that adds up to 110%. Because that's what you should be giving it." DJauto

Workout journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=58637081#post58637081

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ozzybob View Post
    There is a standard:
    Seems about right.

Of course, I don't train and I can deadlift a locomotive, but that's just me.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nitrored View Post
    Most men (90% +) would be "untrained"...
    http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
    That's based on weight class so now I need to know how much the average untrained man weighs or should I take the number of untrained men per weight class then average the weight?

I can see wanting to know how you compare to other lifters, but untrained people??? Why don't you look at how much you could deadlift when you started? You were untrained then.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We're talking about the general population here. Most people have such poor neuromuscular coordination that they couldn't even deadlift with proper form. We are not talking about former athletes who are aware of their body. I'm amazed that people would think that a noffice worker could step in the gym and start performing perfect deadlifts with a weight greater than their bodyweight.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RIPcookiethief View Post
    I think the average man would be capable of deadlifting his own bodyweight without any type of training.
    I would say that as well
    also it is kind of dependant on general weight
    I mean if your a 300lb fat guy every time you get out of a chair you are training your squat/deadlift
    so that would be in there
    but I'd think like 250 lbs for a 180 lb guy isn't uncommon

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good call.
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nitrored View Post
    Its low... very low... again the average man does not work out, has a weak lower back and no grip...
    Yes
    Originally Posted by /\/\ichael View Post
    I think an untrained adult male would probably lift his bodyweight
    And no.
    JMO, of course
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some can pull close to 500 lbs their first time, others will struggle with 120 lbs. People are very, very different.

Originally Posted by aiwass View Post
    Some can pull close to 500 lbs their first time.
    yes someone squatting 6-700lbs and doing very heavy rows but for some reason never deadlifted may deadlift 500lbs the first time... somehow I dont think this is a lot of people...