robkez313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how long break do you take from lifting when feel overtrained?

was doing bill star 5x5 for 3 months..i feel that my body needs a break.

how long break do you take from lifting when you feel overtrained and your lifts stops or even decrease. is week enough?

do you do cardio on this OFF week or just have a rest? i'm afraid to lose muscle and to gain fat on this off week (from not doing anything, just work at desk in office).

my current goal is to lose some fat (around 10lbs in 2 months) before summer.

RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RogerB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive just had a week off after 3 mnths of riptoes and i **** u not, i feel great and look at my biggest!
    Back on it tomorrow after work. A week wont make a difference man, any longer than a week id suggest just eat maintanence and u wont get put on fat

esso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should take a break until you feel that you have recovered, which should be about a week

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by esso View Post
    You should take a break until you feel that you have recovered, which should be about a week
    That is about what it takes me.
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

ok , but do you just rest on ths off weeek or do some cardio?

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    a week, then maybe start a different program and make the first week of that program REALLY easy. That ought to have you really refreshed
    "Humility comes before honor"

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by robkez313 View Post
    ok , but do you just rest on ths off weeek or do some cardio?
    the best thing to do is obviously vary the routines in the future somewhat so you never get really burnt out

on an "off" week, even if you dont lift weights at all you can do some cardio and some sports stuff...just anything fun and "different"
    "Humility comes before honor"

i noticed that bench press is killing me the most..squats and deads are ok..the weight is increasing

when i increase bench press weight after some time it just kills me..i have to reset the weight..have some easy workouts, but then i even don't ramp to the same weight ..i feel that i'm loosing strenght..and that's not the first time..a year before even refused to do bench press for some time, because doing it after some time just kills me

any advice how to deal with this?..or don't increase bench press weight?
    Last edited by robkez313; 03-25-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2-3 days is usually enough for me.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by robkez313 View Post
    i noticed that bench press is killing me the most..squats and deads are ok..the weight is increasing

when i increase bench press weight after some time it just kills me..i have to reset the weight..have some easy workouts, but then i even don't ramp to the same weight ..i feel that i'm loosing strenght..and that's not the first time..a year before even refused to do bench press for some time, because doing it after some time just kills me

any advice how to deal with this?..or don't increase bench press weight?
    I'm actually having the same propblem it seems most of my weights are heading in the wrong direction. Squate especially has been dissapointing. I have one more week and that will make twelve in a row of constant lifting, then i'm goin out of town, so i will only have limitied work out days. I then back for a week and out town for a confrence the next week. What i'm planning of doing is a 3 week deloading type of scenario, while i have a change to read starting stenght and practical programing. Maybe you should try something similar. Of course i could be wrong in my approach if please someone state so, so i don't send someone else in the wrong direction.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are doing Bill Starr's SF 5x5 and are seeing gains, but are overreaching, the answer is built right in. You should reset several weeks.

If you have already done so, or have already adjusted some program variables, like set interval, dropped some volume, etc you can enter your new 5RM's and work back up to them over 4 weeks. That takes care of your deload and keeps your motor units primed. Also the whole reset system keeps you as near as possible to your most recent 5RM's.

If you have been following the spreadsheet for 12 weeks you very likely could benefit from a deload. You should have put about 20% on your lifts in that time.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem