Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Upper back rounding on front squat

My upper back rounds slightly due to the fact that my shoulders are pushed forward slightly to hold the bar. I keep the curve in my lumbar spine, but it just looks as if my upper back is rounding.

I don't know if this is normal or what, but that's kinda that natural curve of that part of the spine anyway. I haven't had any pain, but I'm only going light.

This is the video I've been watching...I only have dial up so 10sec is great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSN3f-a3Ok&NR I pretty much do what this guy does. Do you think that maybe coz I'm a lot slimmer than this guy it just looks more exaggerated? It's kinda like my rhomboids stick out. It's definitely a curve though, coz when I do **** like sldl's my upper back stays fully straight. dunno...
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skwidward View Post
    My upper back rounds slightly due to the fact that my shoulders are pushed forward slightly to hold the bar. I keep the curve in my lumbar spine, but it just looks as if my upper back is rounding.

I don't know if this is normal or what, but that's kinda that natural curve of that part of the spine anyway. I haven't had any pain, but I'm only going light.

This is the video I've been watching...I only have dial up so 10sec is great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSN3f-a3Ok&NR I pretty much do what this guy does. Do you think that maybe coz I'm a lot slimmer than this guy it just looks more exaggerated? It's kinda like my rhomboids stick out. It's definitely a curve though, coz when I do **** like sldl's my upper back stays fully straight. dunno...
    If it's just slightly rounding, then you should be fine. Moderate to excessive rounding is where the trouble starts. You may want to do box squats for some time, and concentrate on fixing the problems. Hopefully, after time the techniques adopted should transfer over when you perform regular squats.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.