CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My most embarrassing moment ever in the gym today

Last set of squats, last rep, went too far down and couldn't get it back up, so I go to place the bar on the power rack, which is extremely hard because it's so damn low and not really that long either. ****ty power rack.

I end up missing the rack, and i end up falling backwards, which leaves me laying on the ground, luckily with my body still over the bar and not under it.

Oh well, **** like this happens. This is the way I look at it. Atleast I'm not scared of squats, going heavy, and going all the way down like most people in the gym.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    glad you're okay

that's why when i squat i have the safety spotters placed about 1'' below where i stop, so if i drop it at the bottom it isn't going very far
    Booo

CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseySurf19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea, wish the safety spots on the power rack were adjustable. They only come up to about knee level.

emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) emac_95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    at least you didn't get injured. laugh it off and lift more next time.

i just had my most embarrasing/painful moment in the gym this week too.....

don't ask me how but taking off one of the spring collars it slipped and one side popped open right into my nut. i dropped to my knees it hurt so bad. i sat on the bench for a few minutes to try and recover but i ended up having to go home. the guy beside me thought i passed out but i had to tell him i just hit my self in the bag.

that was one of the most painful things i've ever felt.
    "how'd you like your god now
    now that he is you"

blindside

AnabolicPhyscho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol there should be a sticky thread for most embarrasing moments working out, one time I was working out and I was adjusting the weight right, I had weights on one side and then weights on the other, I had the ezbar placed on my lap and then I proceeded to take 10lbs off one side,while the other still had 20lbs,So one had 20 and one side had 20lbs, so you can guess what happened, the bar tumbled over to one side and the tip of the bar hit me right on the damn nose ouchhhhhhhh it hurt so hard the bar went crashing down to the other side at full speed, it still hurts when I think of it, Ive always wondered how a punch from mike tyson would feel, and I think since that day ive never wondered again, I have a huge giant bump on my nose now. I actually cried a little my eyes teared IT reallly hurt.

amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my most embarassing moment was when i was squatting and the bottom of my shorts tore and my penis and balls just hung out of it, lol.

my dad was behind me spotting me and it took everything he had (and me too ) not to finish my rep w/o laughing with my penis and balls flapping freely, hehe
    Booo

SCHTEEVIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    flat bench with no spotter.
    I know it's dumb, but whactcha gonna do?
    I don't clip the bar just incase...

I pinned myself on my last rep and couldnt get it up, so I rolled it to my abs, and had to dump the plates off one side of the bar and then try to control it as it tried to flip the other way toward the side that still had the plates on it...
    made a hell of a noise, when the plates hit the floor and piled onto eachother, but I was ok.

happened today actually...

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by AnabolicPhyscho
    lol there should be a sticky thread for most embarrasing moments working out.
    Yeah great idea we can all share our stories I'll PM a mod to make a sticky thread for us lol.

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Moved to Teen Forum!

One time there was this blond girl and she was smiling at me hehe I think she liked me hehe anyways she bent over and I could see her cooter hehe I drop a 45lb plate on my foot it hurt hehe!
    Last edited by IronMike; 12-08-2003 at 02:50 PM.

Originally posted by IronMike
    Moved to Teen Forum!
    Ahhh no!!! ANYTHING but the teen forum.

Midas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    flat bench no spotter

now im a genius so instead of rolling it onto my abs i place it on my neck and look around for people

this small jap ****er looked away and then a tall chinese guy ran and helped me

was lying there quietly for at least a minute

another day couldnt handle dumbell on flat bench so i pick it and drop it 3 times funn when u see it

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A couple weeks ago I was doing skullcrushers for the first time and had the ez-bar on an adjustable bench. The bench was flat, with the bar balanced across it. I had two 10's on each side and with the safety clamps on. So I finish my sets and am starting to take off the weights. I take off the clamps and in my infinite wisdom decide that the weights would be easier to remove if the bar was on the floor because it was off-balance on the bench. So I pick it up, and then it tips and both 10's go banging onto the floor, at which point the other side tipped back and those 10's go banging onto the floor. Of course, everyone looks. I felt like an ass.

Not as bad as the guy I saw last week doing flat bench without a spotter. I'm on the other side of the gym just glancing around between sets and see this guy fail on his last rep - and there were no clamps on the weights. The bar starts coming down further and then he decides to sit-up about halfway. Then he dumps one side off and then the other. So there's plates banging around on the floor and a few start rolling. Looked pretty funny. Probably not for him though.

BTW, a little O/T, but does anyone know how much an EZ-bar weighs?

Originally posted by ripped_holla

BTW, a little O/T, but does anyone know how much an EZ-bar weighs?
    anywhere from 10-25 depending onmake
    Booo

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That almost happened to me before a couple times.

Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000) Skrape is just really nice. (+1000)
    i was doing some squats, trying to impress this one girl at the gym who seemed pretty hot. so when suddenly at the bottom of my squat i let out a huge fart, which was audible throught almost the whole gym. my spotter cracked up and i tried my best not to laugh and finish that rep, but failed miserably. my spotter was useless at trying to pull the weight off me as he was having the biggest laugh, so i had to wait with with the bar on my shoulders in a crouching position untill a guy that was working out nearby came over and helped me with the weight. needless to say the girl was not impressed.

lucubration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

I was doing 7 ups on curls a few years ago with no clips, I had maybe 2 tens and 2 fives on each side, I let one side down a bit and all the weights came crashing down all the floor very loudly. Maybe 20 people turned around and stared at me

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by lucubration
    I was doing 7 ups on curls a few years ago with no clips
    WTF were you thinking? All it takes for the weights to get dumped is a little tilt in the bar - as you now can attest to.