Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many carbohydrates should I have?

So I've been trying to build a bulking diet for a while now, but I've realised that a lot of high protein foods also have high carbohydrates. So how many should I have if I keep the sugars relatively low?

6'0", 154 pounds, 15 years old. So far I have:

75g fat= 675 kcal
    250g protein= 1000 kcal

I was thinking of starting a 3000 calorie diet, which would mean about 350g of carbs. Is this about right?

corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah 350g carbs sounds good
    GOAL: BUILD LEAN MASS
    SUPPLEMENTS: whey protein & creatine mono
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html - exercises
    http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php - food
    http://www.nutritiondata.com - calorie counter
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956 - clean bulking
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=292tc2 - MY MOTIVATION

retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would recommend:

40g Fat
    300g Protein
    160-200g Carbs

Not knowing anything about you, that is.
    "Stimulate, don't Annihilate."

- Lee Haney

"God has smiled on me and he's been good to me;
    God has smiled on me and he has set me free."

- Afroman

Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pan Satyros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by retro_roots View Post
    I would recommend:

40g Fat
    300g Protein
    160-200g Carbs

I got recommended to take in 2800 calories for a bulk, so I think that wouldn't be enough.

redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by retro_roots View Post
    I would recommend:

40g Fat
    300g Protein
    160-200g Carbs

I disagree. On a bulking diet carbs are very important to the muscle building process. No need for 2 g/lb of protein and only 1g/lb of carbs on a bulking diet. 350g of carbs seems solid, so I would stick with the original plan
    "The production of bull**** is stimulated whenever a person's obligations or opportunities to speak about some topic exceed his knowledge of the facts that are relevant to that topic."- Harry Frankfurt

Namelessking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A good rule of thumb is to try to multiply your body weight by 20 to get the calories you should aim for which for you would be 3080 so your pretty much right on. I would say 1.5 - 2 grams of protine per pound and 2 grams of carbs per pound

Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    I disagree. On a bulking diet carbs are very important to the muscle building process. No need for 2 g/lb of protein and only 1g/lb of carbs on a bulking diet. 350g of carbs seems solid, so I would stick with the original plan
    don't be mistaken, remember protein really is the only thing that can synthesize new muscle tissue. With that being said, yes some ppl can get away with 1g/lb of bodyweight of protein while on a bulk and they grow like champs. Others, like myself, need atleast 1.4-1.8g/lb of protein to grow, for some reason my body prefers plenty of protein and fats, and doesn't really care for an abundance of carbs. i still consume quite a bit of carbs, but taper the complex carbs off by 5-6pm daily, then it's protein, veggies, fruits and fats from then till the end of day.

Bottom line, I have really been brainstorming for the past few days, as too why you see so few people who are actually interested in the areas of health and fitness. I realized that many have actually been involved in the "gym scene" at one point or another, but many lacked in their diets, which caused them to fail at reaching their goals. I also think, that many people don't give themselves long enough in the gym to learn what works for their body, and what doesn't.

redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Blimp2Pimp View Post
    don't be mistaken, remember protein really is the only thing that can synthesize new muscle tissue. With that being said, yes some ppl can get away with 1g/lb of bodyweight of protein while on a bulk and they grow like champs. Others, like myself, need atleast 1.4-1.8g/lb of protein to grow, for some reason my body prefers plenty of protein and fats, and doesn't really care for an abundance of carbs. i still consume quite a bit of carbs, but taper the complex carbs off by 5-6pm daily, then it's protein, veggies, fruits and fats from then till the end of day.

Bottom line, I have really been brainstorming for the past few days, as too why you see so few people who are actually interested in the areas of health and fitness. I realized that many have actually been involved in the "gym scene" at one point or another, but many lacked in their diets, which caused them to fail at reaching their goals. I also think, that many people don't give themselves long enough in the gym to learn what works for their body, and what doesn't.

O don't get me wrong, I agree protein is obviously extremely important. And I taper my carbs the same way.

A lot will depend on the person, but in general, from the little info we were given, I just thought that 2g/lb BW and only 1g for carbs wasn't the best advice. Again JMO
    "The production of bull**** is stimulated whenever a person's obligations or opportunities to speak about some topic exceed his knowledge of the facts that are relevant to that topic."- Harry Frankfurt

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Pan Satyros View Post
    So I've been trying to build a bulking diet for a while now, but I've realised that a lot of high protein foods also have high carbohydrates.
    Beef, Eggs,Chicken,Turkey are high carb??

retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    O don't get me wrong, I agree protein is obviously extremely important. And I taper my carbs the same way.

A lot will depend on the person, but in general, from the little info we were given, I just thought that 2g/lb BW and only 1g for carbs wasn't the best advice. Again JMO
    I feel my recommendation is the best starting point for an person X (like this). Were X is any random person.

Protein may be a little high but I would rather see too much protein as compared to not enough and to much carbs.
    "Stimulate, don't Annihilate."

- Lee Haney

"God has smiled on me and he's been good to me;
    God has smiled on me and he has set me free."

- Afroman

Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flex Appeal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by johnnyironboard View Post
    Beef, Eggs,Chicken,Turkey are high carb??
    Apparently
    Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.- Ray Bradbury