Page 194 of 195 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 5831
    Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    is there medication for hypo attacks, other than food?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    is there medication for hypo attacks, other than food?
    I don't think so - mainly because of the random nature of them - as you know I have over the years had batteries of tests that were all quite inconclusive, other than the fact that because it is remedied quickly with food it's not an insidious kind of diabetic thing. I think that it's just a combination of my 'specialness' and all kinds of other randomness around timing, type of training, time of month, blah blah blah. Emma-Leigh and I had talked about metformin, but I never went down that route, because 99% of the time it doesn't happen. I think I just need to plan better and accept that this will happen occassionally and deal with it.
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did the hardest run I have done in ages and ages today, including intervals. Felt really great, I really PUSHED myself to the brink of my zone and didn't mindf*k myself into backing off. It for sure has something to do with watching the women's triathlon last night the 10k run at the end, just the whole thing about keeping the intensity whilst relaxing etc. so inspirational! I want to get back into the pool too....I just need to get my head around committing at least one night during the week to doing training of some description. Just recreationally, mind you....my main focus is fat shedding and bb

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kitebean View Post
    I want to get back into the pool too.
    There is something about that pool..
    It can be SO hard to get into - but once in, you wonder why you haven't been doing it all along because it feels sooooo gooooood

Agreed, tho - watching the Olympics .. it has a fancy way of inspiring
    So much emotion and energy put in to what they do - its incredible

Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ubermumma is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shoulder feeling a bit better, besides didn't have time this week to get it seen to. ONE DAY LEFT of 13 week program; last lifting day was today. That's a LONG TIME to diet without a break

Thought alot about Ubermumma today, savouring the end of the programme, really enjoying each exercise and 'saying goodbye' wierd, I know, but some of you will get it. Not that very many people read my little journal anymore!

I'll post results on Monday
    I get it...know this was a little while ago, but you've been calling me in here. Love you to pieces my darling girl. When can we meet somewhere, anywhere and have dinner. I did love that so xxxx
    "My mummy loves protein" sung, LOUDLY, by 3yo daughter while shopping!!!

Come visit my journal at - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1554851

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    !!!! Uber!!! No way!!

I went to Seattle the other day for a concert, and thought of you.

Its REALLY not fair that you all live half a world away

What do you mean by 'and didn't mindf*k myself into backing off'? When do you tend to back off?
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Originally Posted by ubermumma View Post
    I get it...know this was a little while ago, but you've been calling me in here. Love you to pieces my darling girl. When can we meet somewhere, anywhere and have dinner. I did love that so xxxx
    me too we are always connected

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    What do you mean by 'and didn't mindf*k myself into backing off'? When do you tend to back off?
    During running, especially long runs on the tready, might tend to drop it to a jog when I *can* keep running at a clip. Emma-Leigh has me doing some pretty intensive, longish runs which include faster intervals....but I am really enjoying embracing it all and trying to keep relaxed and focused - keeping me shoulders relaxed, keeping my stride long-ish etc.

Had a bit of an off week, thought I was coming down with something, had a levator ani attack on Tuesday night, which sucked, but then came right by Thursday. Back to my pre-Mongolia weight which is pleasing.

Been feeling restless and lonely though - still not made any friends in Wellington, getting frustrated with trying to find a house, really unsettled at work at the moment because we have been purchased by Vodafone pending the commerce commission ruling, so everyone is trying to keep going like normal but change (although it should be great) is at the back of everyone's mind, as is our job security. Going down to Chch in a couple of weeks so Colin can take Madi to see the guy who wrote 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' at the readers and writers festival. RJM just moved into another rental which is bigger and has a spare room for us. They still won't have their house rebuilt until at least next year.

That's it really, wish spring would spring already!

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dont have friends on this side of the bridge either. It sucks. Everyone I hang out with lives 40-50 miles away + toll. Its rare that they want to come to my side, but I cant afford to always go to them.
    Im good at keeping myself entertained, Its just those times where I want a walk/run buddy or cup of tea/ coffee....and I dont have anyone nearby.

I hope things settle for you soon.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah.. I bet Madi will be so excited to see you!
    I'm sure you miss her

Seems I missed your message - but I'd love to catch up with you soon my friend
    Keep your head up

xx
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Ahem.

Hey ladies.

Hello there whoever is (still) out there - I have decided to try to relaunch this mofo...

Quick update - Still training in a similar fashion - 6 days per week mix of hypertrophy/power and conditioning/crossfit with at least 1 HIIT session per week. Also trying to walk 45-60 minutes per day in weight vest.

Weight is ? because I haven't weighed myself or my food in about 8 months. Which makes me happy. Have been virtually grain and fruit free for about 8 months, and LCHF as a rule. Have become fat-adapted which is GREAT from a training perspective for me, and from a blood sugar/hypoglycaemia perspective.

Unfortunately, I have eaten too many nuts, and too much 90% chocolate, so....I am into my first ever try at RFL. Not bad so far, and I'm sure that the fat-adaptation is helping because I have no carb cravings and certainly don't need it to train.

I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment because I have quit my job because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. So until I find another.....

My goals are: Find a way to continue not to weigh/count FOREVER. Continue to be injury free. and that ladies is about it

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    long time no S

interdasting about RFL . . . are you following the exercise recommendations? 2.5hr hills walking sounds pretty, erm, not RFL.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

long time no S

interdasting about RFL . . . are you following the exercise recommendations? 2.5hr hills walking sounds pretty, erm, not RFL.
    yes, no it really was an accident - was meant to be a low impact hour, but turned into a mission

Are you moving back then since you left your job?

Good to see you, KB

Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    Are you moving back then since you left your job?

Good to see you, KB
    Moving back to Christchurch? No...we are happy here in Wellington, especially Colin with the arts/performance community he has up here. Plus whatever happens there will always be more opportunity for me up here Now all I need to do is make some friends (grumble grumble) it's only been 18 months!

BUT we are going to chch next weekend and then to Cali for a week to see my mum

Enjoying my refeed today - going for ~250 - 300g carbs

Very depleted this morning so started with 2 x Clif Shot Bloks intraworkout and have had a gluten free bap with vegemite & xtralite cream cheese, chocolate rice bubbles with skim milk and whey, refried beans with a little fish on poppodums, 1 feijoa, 2 squirms and finally kumara and whey mash. I am stuffed

Feeling leaner than I have n a while, can't wait to see what this week will bring

day 11 is going ok I am actually really proud of myself - the only thing not to plan is my training, i.e. I am ignoring the official RFL guidelines but not going crazy

Managing to keep my hunger at bay for the most part. Haven't had the 2 x cheat meals I would have been allowed on L2 but my refeed on Sunday was really great.

Obviously this is an interesting xperiment in that I have not weighted or measured at beginning or end. Not quite over yet though, 2 more days

Everything is MUCH looser though, and that's all I wanted for now. I'll see what I fancy doing when I get back from the US....

hmm started really struggling with hunger last night and had a bowl of whipped up egg whites with stevia and vanilla - the eggwhites are pasteurised so should be OK to eat raw? Filled me up anyway.

This morning has been tough - 2 coffees made me really nauseuos and again I had to eat earlier than I would like, but this is the last day.

My foods for this have been: Eggwhites, ISO, Psyllium, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, tuna, gurnard, sole, snapper, venison, brussel sprouts, tiny amounts of CC and Greek Yogurt and Kwark. And Apple Cider Vinegar 'cocktail' twice a day, which, whether psycho****tic or not, has really helped my muscle soreness.

If I were to guess, I would say I have lost 3kg?

sounds good that's 3 kegs of what weight if you don't mind me asking?

in regard to egg whites - raw casein/egg white mix tastes a hell of a lot better than the actual cooked pancake. too bad raw egg whites' absorption is half of that of cooked. sux balls.

cold over there yet?
    Last edited by Miranda; 05-22-2013 at 05:26 PM.

sounds good that's 3 kegs of what weight if you don't mind me asking?

in regard to egg whites - raw casein/egg white mix tastes a hell of a lot better than the actual cooked pancake. too bad raw egg whites' absorption is half of that of cooked. sux balls.

cold over there yet?
    I honestly don't know what weight. Maybe around 58-59? Feel like 55-56 ish now. all I know is that I look 'small' again. it's a really wierd thing - can't explain it.

yea re the raw eggwhite absorption - don't think I will have this often but it doesn't half fill a hole

really blustery and wintery today. but Wellington doesn't get cold cold like Christchurch. Looking forward to a warm Los Angeles next week....

You came in my thoughts today and stuck around for a bit so I wanted to let you know

I love being a weight lifter and an amateur body hacker. that's all

how'd your RFL end up?

how'd your RFL end up?
    excellent! Just a tad over 55kg which is at least 3kg gone in 2 weeks. Then 10 days of freedom and now back on a less rigorous protocol, but still no nuts/cheese/chocolate etc all of the 'keto' things that I tend to go overboard with. A bit more fattier meat like lamb, and a little avocado here and there. Have my 'procedure' next week which always throws things a bit out of whack because of the general anasthaetic, but it's also a good opportunity to be strict while I can't really train. tra la la

so enjoying my last few weeks of freedom before starting the new job I am loving my training SO MUCH at the moment - just really pushing it on alot of levels, enjoying seeing where I can take myself. I can't remember ever before being so in tune with my body, taking the time to listen and understand and respond appropriately. getting yucky zits on my chin though? hmm. I'm making it out to be worse than it is. I am really taking the approach to hunger as something short-term and when I'm home relaxing it's easy to manage, I'm trying to strategise how to bring this into the new job. they say I'll be travelling around 25% of the time, but I don't really know what that means yet - and I reckon that most of it will just be day trips anyway. Down to chch tomorrow for the procedure, which quite frankly doesn't really need doing in comparison with all the times before - it's been 6 months! and no painful symptoms, a little blood a few weeks ago, and a bit of what I can only describe as 'lack of feeling' further up, but I think it's time if only to get it done prior to job starting. I am also more confident because the epidural has meant that I've not needed pain meds nearly as much post.

I'm also strategising on the best treatment approach from my naggy shoulder. Maybe start with massage?

Just FYI today:

Breakfast: Pancake = eggwhites, psyllium, ISO
    Snack: Celery + cc
    Lunch: Venison mince cabbage rolls
    Snack: Greek yogurt + ISO
    Dinner: Salmon + Bok Choy
    Dessert: Whipped Egg Whites

Additions: 2 x Apple Cider Vinegar cocktails (don't get too excited; Bragg Unfiltered in water with a little stevia). BCAA's pre and post WO.

Lifting UPPER Fasted:

Smith Pulls
    Wide Grip Lat
    OH BB Press
    Narrow BB Row
    Palms Facing DB Shoulder Press
    Face Pulls
    Lateral Raises
    Kneeling BB Curl
    SkullCrushers
    Preachers

I can't remember ever before being so in tune with my body
    ^^ Impressive since I always held you in high regards as 'knowing' your body!

Originally Posted by KB
    I'm also strategising on the best treatment approach from my naggy shoulder. Maybe start with massage?
    I always vote for starting there! Lol

I like the tone in this journal
    You seem well

Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    ^^ Impressive since I always held you in high regards as 'knowing' your body!

I always vote for starting there! Lol

I like the tone in this journal
    You seem well

Thanks buddy yes I am really well even as I type from the hospital bed

Funny what you say about me always being in tune with my body - I think the difference is in actually listening to body instead of book if that makes sense? Also having the confidence of knowing that just because I'm hungry and know I will feel better of I eat even if I hadn't planned to doesn't mean I need to eat crap or eat a lot I guess I just know what I need to eat to respond appropriately to the needs of my body.

And yes massage later in the week

Hmmm still trying to sort that massage. Got a nasty lurgy last week and was nice to be able to just lay around and recuperate. Only 4 more days before the new job! I have perfected my pumpkin pie and eggwhite fluff though! and is it wierd that I am actually digging celery? Still a little tired from last week, but the sunshine is making things feel better - we had really horrendous storms last week. OK well it seems I'm talking to myself here but that's ok

Lifting today (fasted):

Single Leg Press
    DB Thrusters
    Wide Grip Lat Pull
    Yates
    Cable Cross
    DB Pullover
    DB Lat Raise
    Double Quarter Curls
    Leg Lifts

Food Today:

BCAA's
    Coffee with Coconut oil
    First meal 10 AM
    Pancake - ISO/Eggwhite/Psyllium
    Celery and CC
    Venison and Cauliflower Mash
    Pumpkin Pie - Roast pumpkin/ISO/Yogurt/Eggwhites/Baking powder/cinnamon/nutmeg/fresh ginger/stevia
    Monkfish w/Sarson Ka Saag (mustard green gravy)
    Eggwhite Fluff (2 eggwhites beaten till stiff then beat in 1/4 cup greek yogurt, ISO, stevia and coconut flavouring - freeze for ~2 hours)
    Last edited by kitebean; 06-23-2013 at 11:50 PM.

i vote for understanding the difference between a 'need' and a 'want'.

then you can want what you need