Page 193 of 195 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 5831
    kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    Are you still going to diet like you are going to compete? Or are you going to have some free meals tossed in from now on?
    Food is social glue, as are drinks, and it is hard to avoid if you actually ENJOY that part of life (I know I do) but..... no need to resent something you were going after as a goal for yourself? I think thats the only thing about this
    ' bb world' that got sort of strange, the mentality of it. I mean, if you were where you wanted to be, in terms of leanness, would you still be feeling that way? Or is it more of a feeling of over sacrifice for minimal gain?
    i guess my struggle is understanding what it will take to get to the point where I can compete, or if it is even possible for me. i mean in terms of physiologically understanding if with my tendency towards hypoglycaemia, my known reactions to over training, my mental ability to go too low calorie wise, all that stuff. part of me wants to challenge myself, almost like it's a 'dare' to see if i can get there; knowing that isn't really what I want, or good, or healthy. Also knowing that i simply MUST diet (i.e. count, measure) if I not only want to lose but not gain. I know that I gain, and consistently, on say 1700 cals, which is my guesstimate, more or less, where I am when I am not measuring and or counting. adding to that a few drinks a week, a meal or 2 out, and I am probably up to an average of 2000...which was what I did for 3 or so years, and resulted in ~5kg of weight/fat gain. And the thought of that is SO depressing - the thought that I will NEVER be able to eat mindfully but semi normally and not gain weight. Even when eating intuitively, i never ever eat crap. and remember the gain happened whilst consistently training - lifting, cardio, cycling, hiking, everything.....soooo we keep going, slowly slowly. Sometimes it kind of sucks knowing yourself and your body so well, because you can't pull the wool over your own eyes and pretend you don't know what is going to happen. anyway...

Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    ^^ I'vee been waiting to see that toooooooo !
    never bonded with the red hair getting it done again on friday, but going for more of the auburn look this time
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kitebean View Post
    i guess my struggle is understanding what it will take to get to the point where I can compete, or if it is even possible for me. i mean in terms of physiologically understanding if with my tendency towards hypoglycaemia, my known reactions to over training, my mental ability to go too low calorie wise, all that stuff. part of me wants to challenge myself, almost like it's a 'dare' to see if i can get there; knowing that isn't really what I want, or good, or healthy. Also knowing that i simply MUST diet (i.e. count, measure) if I not only want to lose but not gain. I know that I gain, and consistently, on say 1700 cals, which is my guesstimate, more or less, where I am when I am not measuring and or counting. adding to that a few drinks a week, a meal or 2 out, and I am probably up to an average of 2000...which was what I did for 3 or so years, and resulted in ~5kg of weight/fat gain. And the thought of that is SO depressing - the thought that I will NEVER be able to eat mindfully but semi normally and not gain weight. Even when eating intuitively, i never ever eat crap. and remember the gain happened whilst consistently training - lifting, cardio, cycling, hiking, everything.....soooo we keep going, slowly slowly. Sometimes it kind of sucks knowing yourself and your body so well, because you can't pull the wool over your own eyes and pretend you don't know what is going to happen. anyway...
    unrelated but from what i've seen you're not emotionally attached to food/eating, right? that should make it 'easier'.

another thing that's been touted quite a bit lately is 'metabolic damage'. does emma suspect/has she confirmed it might be the issue or something else funny entirely? labouring the obvious but i don't know how else to put it
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    unrelated but from what i've seen you're not emotionally attached to food/eating, right? that should make it 'easier'.

another thing that's been touted quite a bit lately is 'metabolic damage'. does emma suspect/has she confirmed it might be the issue or something else funny entirely? labouring the obvious but i don't know how else to put it
    nah I am not emotionally attached to food at all. I like it, i enjoy it, i don't like being hungry, but i don't 'use' it....

and not worried about whatever metabolic damage might be if i even believe in it....besides, eating semi normally for some time should have 'repaired' it anyway if that was the case, no? and though your suggestion about doing the hooded test is interesting, what happens if it says my bmr is like 1200 or 1100? what would be the point of knowing that, knowing that i can't sustain that level of food anyway?

another note to self: i don't get my best performance on 1 hour plus running sessions which include HIIT intervals when done on an empty stomach after a 'low' day ....

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    though your suggestion about doing the hooded test is interesting, what happens if it says my bmr is like 1200 or 1100? what would be the point of knowing that, knowing that i can't sustain that level of food anyway?
    just to get a base number of sorts. of course you don't have to want to know it, but i would like to know it. none of my business but i do find your case curious and i'm a nosy basturd
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

just to get a base number of sorts. of course you don't have to want to know it, but i would like to know it. none of my business but i do find your case curious and i'm a nosy basturd
    OK in that case I'll see what I can do i guess my interesting case is an interesting case; PCOS, blood sugar issues, slightly hypothyroid, slight adrenal issues, munted hypothalamus resulting from post traumatic stress, my butt issues and associated chronic inflammation and need for continual anti-constipation measures, and whatever regular general anasthaesia does to one's constitution, high level of endurance, high level of lifting capacity, no menopause yet, sleep well, slight cortisol issues, big boobs, no hips, etc. etc. etc. it's funny this morning Colin and I were talking saying that all this is an 'exact science' trouble is there are so many bloody variables!
    Last edited by kitebean; 06-20-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    and though your suggestion about doing the hooded test is interesting, what happens if it says my bmr is like 1200 or 1100? what would be the point of knowing that, knowing that i can't sustain that level of food anyway?
    ^^ Interesting..
    I just said something very similar to this
    The response given to me was:

'Ah.. ignorance and its falsified bliss - don't be stupidly blinded by fear. Find out.. then it becomes your choice what to do with that information instead of a guessing game in your head that you will never win'

I liked that

Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

*Finally* had a result this week, a little over 1kg heading into week 13 and last week before the big adventure...

Emma-Leigh agrees that I likely wouldn't be ready for comp this year, so we are taking a longer term view. So, hopefully next March/April? We'll see!

Probably need to get some work done on my shoulder next week, I might just leave it since it will have a 3 week break anyway....

*Finally* had a result this week, a little over 1kg heading into week 13 and last week before the big adventure...
    that's awesome all progress is progress, no matter how small.

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    high level of endurance, high level of lifting capacity
    When reading that I had flashbacks of:
    1/ The climbing wall and how you scaled up that
    2/ The adventure hunt we did - I loved that..

You really are a mighty might my kiwi
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What happened to the shoulder?

Yay for ~1 kg shift! Thats something!

And you agreed to get some tests done (more tests that is)? I know Id be curious to see whats going on there...

Also, nothing wrong with a slower pace Its just that way sometimes. xx
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

What happened to the shoulder?
    Shoulder feeling a bit better, besides didn't have time this week to get it seen to. ONE DAY LEFT of 13 week program; last lifting day was today. That's a LONG TIME to diet without a break

Thought alot about Ubermumma today, savouring the end of the programme, really enjoying each exercise and 'saying goodbye' wierd, I know, but some of you will get it. Not that very many people read my little journal anymore!

I'll post results on Monday

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ummm you don't post too often either
    I read ya when you do.

No more program for a while? It's a sad thing...I get it!!
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Ummm you don't post too often either
    I read ya when you do.

No more program for a while? It's a sad thing...I get it!!
    nah not sad! Can't do a weights program while I'm in MONGOLIA now can I? Leave tomorrow. Back on 22nd. New Program starts on the 23rd

nah not sad! Can't do a weights program while I'm in MONGOLIA now can I? Leave tomorrow. Back on 22nd. New Program starts on the 23rd
    what part of mongolia? the flat part or the flat part?

xx

Pifft...one can do burpies anywhere lol!

What an adventure!! Eek!!!
    "Choice is ours whether

what part of mongolia? the flat part or the flat part?

xx
    Pifft...one can do burpies anywhere lol!

What an adventure!! Eek!!!
    hmmph Miranda, what do you know? We are going to the flat part, indeed, the TransMongolian Railway from Beijing to UlanBaataar via the Gobi Desert, but also to the mountains see images here http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=lak...w=1366&bih=643

and if you want details of our journey they are here: http://www.gertoger.org/index.php?op...161&Itemid=227

Beanie, yes I may do burpees, I wil definetly be doing some yoga and wrestling! The train will be interesting - 30+ hours overnight - we have a 4 berth compartment. Our friend Jason from Queensland is meeting us in Beijing and we are travelling together and will be celebrating his 40th on the trip We only have a few hours in Beijing, so will probably go see Tiananmen square and little else....then train and one night in UB before we start the ger to ger journey.

Wrestling?! What?! So cool!!!!

The whole journey sounds amazing. I wish you were more of a photographer lol...I want to see too. But do bring back stories!

Your life is pretty amazing, Susan.
    "Choice is ours whether

Wrestling?! What?! So cool!!!!

The whole journey sounds amazing. I wish you were more of a photographer lol...I want to see too. But do bring back stories!

Your life is pretty amazing, Susan.
    it is i try to make it so and lucky for all of us my coco is a great photographer, so keep checking fb!

final results: not bad -5.72kg and -2-3% BF

back shot:

not as lean as I'd like, but shoulders and bi's really have filled out....nice base to work from methinks

see you all in 3 weeks! xoxoxo

You've been anticipating Mongolia for a long time now it seems.
    Feels like forever when you first made plans to go
    So strange that that time is NOW - Time really does fly !

Oh have fun, KB - enjoy it all !!

shoulders and bi's really have filled out...
    Yes.. they have

*thumbs up*

Its been 16ish nights - you should be just about rounded up !!

Its been 16ish nights - you should be just about rounded up !!
    just about - last day in UB city - fly to Beijing tonight then home Sunday morning. What a breathtaking, unbelievable experience

omg..I want stories!!!!
    "Choice is ours whether

omg..I want stories!!!!
    too tired for stories today home safe though. Major themes - letting go, knowing that everyday would be a new and no way to be predicted challenge over which there was no control, the most incredible natural beauty ever, never before experiences with food the most authentic way of life that I surmise exists on the planet today....

…..highlights were 7 days living with and between the nomads, horse riding on a stallion who was very territorial (thinking of Emma-Leigh the whole time) sitting next to a monk for 12 hours on a bus (his grandfather was a monk who had been killed in the Stalinist purge in 1937 – he had recently received an apology from Russia and was on the way back to the village to rebuild the destroyed monastery with a grant from the government – we gave him money for bricks...he told me (through a translator of course) that my Buddhist Saint is the Yoga King, who overcame Anger, Ignorance a Lust (!)…dealing with things when our guide got really sick and couldn’t move for 48 hours – lucky thing I had hardcore antiparasitics from my doc….travelling on the trans-mongolian train from Beijing with an interesting Chinese guy who we thought was a miner but turns out he was a construction foreman who had been tricked into going to work in Mongolia….eating lots of mutton, some very fresh i.e. killed in the morning through cutting a hole in the stomach and pulling the heart out (!) eating lots of delicious dairy in various guises, hard cheese, soft curds, milk skin butter, lots of milk tea, milk brandy, airag which is fermented mares milk, the best yogurt I have ever had….not being able to leave the tent for a pee at night because there were wolves about….spending some time in UB City – crazy traffic but real espresso from the French café…a visit to the International Intellectual Museum (which was actually really cool!) hiking the rim of a volcano and Colin holding a huge eagle…swimming in trout filled rivers, riding on an oxcart, rounding up the calves to pen them for the evening, Colin holding a stick with burning dung to keep away the flies….having a Ukranian feast including the most awesome Honey/Chili Vodka, caviar pancakes and stuffed cabbage! And those are just some of the highlights
    Last edited by kitebean; 07-22-2012 at 01:19 AM.

awesomeness.

Oh my goodness...you just flooded my brain excitement! That is so incredible. Id love to hear more. When you have recovered, that is.
    Just wow.
    "Choice is ours whether

SO glad you are home safe and with such highlights !!
    I went through that website that showed your schedule and route, I wonder how closely you guys followed that
    What a fascinating life event !!

.not being able to leave the tent for a pee at night because there were wolves about…
    ^^ This made me smile
    Don't remember a night where I haven't gotten up to pee <-- not sure I could make the whole night

Bloody Fantastic, KB
    Oh how adventurous ..
    Next time I am packing myself in your suitcase and coming with you !!!

Bloody Fantastic, KB
    Oh how adventurous ..
    Next time I am packing myself in your suitcase and coming with you !!!
    Promise? The next one planned is Dog Sledding in Alaska February 2014

Big BUMP back to work. I was really freaking out anxious until about midday on Tuesday, then I chilled. New programme started on Wednesday - different but great! HIIT today was a challenge! weight is only 600 grams higher than when I left, I'm sure that will go next week, then it's onto more progress!

I loved the opening ceremony! I cried alot, the emotional wreck/geek that I am. But do I care? That would be NO!

Was talking about you with mom yesterday
    Told her all about your trip and she got this look on her face of: 'oh boy.. now you are going to want to go'

^^ Ha !

So, is that all the story we get?

Check in soon!!!
    "Choice is ours whether

Was talking about you with mom yesterday
    Told her all about your trip and she got this look on her face of: 'oh boy.. now you are going to want to go'

^^ Ha !

So, is that all the story we get?

Check in soon!!!
    very cool! In a way I am still processing it. it was SO different, such a unique experience. but I promise pictures soon, I really do

training this round is different, lots of high rep stuff which is totally different for me. and running more long intervals, really testing and pushing myself, it's great! diet as always is my challenge. had a hypo last night, well, yesterday evening, I hate those. I had used my cals in the morning, by having some cheese and rice crackers at morning tea. trying to be normal. feeling like I am giving in, caving in, but I feel so guilty because the team always caters for me, and I always eat nothing. I WANTED to eat some blue cheese and have some rice crackers. so I did. but I had to count them. and by counting them I ran out of calories. anyway, such is life. I survived.... trying to keep the balance between not planning EVERYTHING, but counting it....i know that's the way forward for me, but hunger sucks, hypos suck. hmmmmmm