shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Green vegetables and caloric value queries

I realise at the end of the day its calories in vs calories out, however for certain green vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, B.sprouts etc their carbohydrate quantity is negated by its fibre content. Therefore is there a point in counting those carbs? Also, if I decided to eat a motherload of veggies (yes I'm strange) would I only really count the cals from protein? This is just a general question, I'm not cutting but would appreciate your views on this.

Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There was a thread on this a little while back and for all I can tell it disappeared into thin air.

I haven't seen any solid research that proves fiber negates the carbohydrate value or that the body cannot digest/get to the carbs in fibrous veggies. Still not sure where that idea originated (thermic effects probably). Personally, I count them all now.

Incidentally, I have tried massive doses of these veggies (with the exception of brussel sprouts). It is a decent way to aid satiety if you can do this with good variety.

Folks that have a few cups of broccoli and maybe a few cups of other veggies per day could probably get away without counting them for the most part and not notice a huge difference. But for those of us that eat them by the pound (for a snack), I would argue differently.
    Our kind has never been seen before.
    And when the last of us are gone,
    We will never be seen again.
    Because there is a secret behind our creation,
    And secrets like this only come around once.