TakeItEasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation pain in upper back after deadlifts

I'm a total newbie so bear with me and hold back any flames if you don't mind.

After doing deadlifts at light weight (50lbs, I'm just progressively starting out and trying to get decent form, my form is pretty good now I believe), I now feel a pain in my upper back after finishing my workout. This is not a prolonged thing, it has just happened, but I don't want to strain myself repeatedly after workouts until something snaps or hurt myself because of not asking questions. Specifically, it is on both sides, a kind of almost painful soreness - not sharp pain at all, kind of like how you feel after someone punches you - and I am wondering if I need to be concerned about this. My neck feels fine and so does my spine, no pain at all, it's just the area of the ribcage around the spine. Maybe I'm cheating in a form and don't realize it, I dunno.

I did shoulder work today also, but I don't recall feeling this way on shoulder/back days before deadlifts were included.

EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000) EliteBSU is a name known to all. (+5000)
    welcome to the muscle revolution
    its just your muscles being sore after a workout
    dont worry, you'll be fine in a day or two

Elite

TakeItEasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by EliteBSU
    welcome to the muscle revolution
    its just your muscles being sore after a workout
    dont worry, you'll be fine in a day or two

Elite
    Thanks, I've been working out for about 2 months (1 with worthwhile exercises and form) and have some decent newbie gains I think. I'm still a small little punk but if I had some good before and after pictures the difference is very noticeable, it makes for good motivation.