JohnPaul has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnPaul has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnPaul has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnPaul has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnPaul has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnPaul has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to figure out bf percentage?

So i went to the doctors about 1 week ago for a checkup and near the end of my visit i asked the doc if its possible to find out my bf percentage and she said "I'm sorry we don't have equipment like that around here" What kind of a freakin doctors office is this?

Is there a way to find out what bf percentage i have without the doc telling you. I'm about 15-20 lbs overweight and want to know how low i should cut before i start seeing my ab muscles.
    I know i could be wrong but my guestimate is probably 16-17% bf.

zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zarg02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Really only a doctor specifically treating athletes or sports related stuff will have that kind of thing. Probably 80% of them wont, its not him being lazy or bad at his job. You can try the circumference method, but its pretty inaccurate. Just Google it for instructions.

As for when you see your abs, as has been answered at least a hundred times here, it varies a bit. Between 12% and 8% I'd say, for a 6-8 pack. Depends on genetics and the strength of the muscles though, so you may find this to be inaccurate.

Cut the crap, errr fat chaosad420's Avatar
    chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaosad420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    and want to know how low i should cut before i start seeing my ab muscles.
    I dont really understand this part... If you wanna lose weight, just get on a reasonable calorie deficit diet.

Playing the body fat estimation game can be deceiving at times, even with the most accurate techniques. Also, most people tend to under estimate the amount of fat they actually have in the beginning of a diet.

Post some pics and people can usually narrow it down pretty good for ya.
    In the pasture of life, don't be a cowpie.

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    So i went to the doctors about 1 week ago for a checkup and near the end of my visit i asked the doc if its possible to find out my bf percentage and she said "I'm sorry we don't have equipment like that around here" What kind of a freakin doctors office is this?

Is there a way to find out what bf percentage i have without the doc telling you. I'm about 15-20 lbs overweight and want to know how low i should cut before i start seeing my ab muscles.
    I know i could be wrong but my guestimate is probably 16-17% bf.
    Since each person sees abs at different levels, the best bet is to get yourself on a clean diet and regular weight training program. Then judge your progress in the mirror.

Also, no way you will have a 6 pack at 16-17%. Need to get much lower. See my profile picture? That is at 16-17%. Maybe a hint of upper abs, but nothing to be proud of (yet, I'm cutting).

Originally Posted by chaosad420 View Post
    I dont really understand this part... If you wanna lose weight, just get on a reasonable calorie deficit diet.

Playing the body fat estimation game can be deceiving at times, even with the most accurate techniques. Also, most people tend to under estimate the amount of fat they actually have in the beginning of a diet.

Post some pics and people can usually narrow it down pretty good for ya.
    Agree with this. Different methods can vary greatly. Even some of the highest accuracy methods have a small percentage of the population that they are highly inaccurate on.

A lot of the folks here have a pretty good eye for at least getting you in the right direction, so if you post some pics, they can help you. (no homo).
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah how stupid of him, every doctor's office should cater to the "when will I see abs" question with the most modern techniques and apparatus.

If you know you are 20 lbs overweight you probably should just try to lose the 20 lbs of fat and take it from there.

Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000)
    well since you want abs all you really need to know is around 10% you will have a 6 pack fully visible.

just cut weight/eat protein/ and lift weights until you have a 6 pack simple as that.

dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dist0rt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/pi.shtml

A bit simple, but it works.