Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BodyPoints: 925
    projectaero is a complete loser! (-2000) projectaero is a complete loser! (-2000) projectaero is a complete loser! (-2000) projectaero is a complete loser! (-2000) projectaero is a complete loser! (-2000) projectaero is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit projectaero's BodySpace

Heel Lifts when doing Squats

Hey guys.
    I am trying to fix my problem when doing squats:

Basically im not that flexible.
    When i go down when doing squats my heels lift up.
    When i try and correct it and force my heels to stay down i can only go just before parralel....

Anyone suggest anything ?

Stats: 5'6", 151 lbs
    BodyPoints: 10118
    twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twinposedown has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit twinposedown's BodySpace
    Stretch your hammies/calves more..and don't try force yourself any lower then what's comfortable. Within a few months you'll be going below parrallel no problem

GJSmith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GJSmith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GJSmith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GJSmith has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GJSmith has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    make sure your sitting back like your going to the toilet not leaning forwards and pull toes up while squatting, force you to put weight on the middle/heel of you foot

Stats: 6'1", 215 lbs
    BodyPoints: 10051
    olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) olinerules87 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit olinerules87's BodySpace
    the first movement you should make when squatting is to push the hips backwards. you probably are just dropping straight down and your knees are going too far in front of your toes, throuwing you off balance

drop weight and work on form. the weights will catch back up in no time

Stats: 5'10", 179 lbs
    BodyPoints: 13953
    Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Russia25 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Russia25's BodySpace
    Dont forget to use less weight if youre trying to master your form because if u use the same weight youll end up hurting yourself

Stats: 2'7", 32 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4303
    Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Bon's BodySpace
    Lol you guys didn't even give him any advice that will help him, except twinposedown, but with stretching it will take quite some time before it becomes noticeable.

Projectaero, if your heels are coming off the ground you can place a wooden board, or some weight plates under your heels.
    This will ensure that your heels are planted on a firm, hard surface and you won't tip over.

Originally Posted by GJSmith
    make sure your sitting back like your going to the toilet not leaning forwards and pull toes up while squatting, force you to put weight on the middle/heel of you foot
    Wrong!
    It is almost impossible to not lean foward when doing squats. Especially heavy squats.
    You can lean foward, but what you can't do is arch your back.
    Last edited by Bon; 03-23-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride."
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

Stats: 6'0", 288 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3645
    oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oskimbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit oskimbo's BodySpace
    Start back at square one. This might just be using the bar and squat ass to the floor. Add about 20#‘s every workout. You got to start with good form to finish with good form.

Also do sissy squats. Sissy squats are called that because you look like a sissy doing them but they work! And work great! Stand beside something you can hold onto with one hand. Hold on at about waist level. Now place your feet shoulder width or however you squat. While holding on squat down as far as you can with your heels on the floor. Like crapin in the woods. Now staying at flat foot rock bottom squat, roll your weight forward. So now your still squatted but on your toes with your hips in front. Hears the hard part, stand up with your hips pushed forward. Your going to look like your humping the air in front of you. Now repeat. When this gets easy hold a plate in your free hand on your chest to keep the weight centered.

Give em’ a shot and watch your squat grow like crazy!
    "The heights by great men reached and kept.
    Were not obtained by sudden flight;
    But they, while their companions slept,
    Were toiling upward in the night.
    Standing on what too long we bore,
    With shoulders bent and downcast eyes,
    We may discern-unseen before-
    A path to higher destinies!"
    ~Longfellow

Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Bon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Bon's BodySpace
    His heels coming off the floor doesn't necessarily have anything to do with bad form or too much weight.
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

Stats: 5'6", 147 lbs
    BodyPoints: 10026
    vican20 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Visit vican20's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by projectaero View Post
    Hey guys.
    I am trying to fix my problem when doing squats:

Basically im not that flexible.
    When i go down when doing squats my heels lift up.
    When i try and correct it and force my heels to stay down i can only go just before parralel....

Anyone suggest anything ?
    i have the same problem just cope with it.
    rep4rep always/ lezzdooitt

Visit Bon's BodySpace
    Wtf?
    Why cope with it when you can improve it?
    Idiot...
    that would be like him saying "Hey guys, i can't lift a lot of weight, how do i fix this?"
    And then you saying "Ah you're just weak, cope with it."
    See what i mean?

Instead of just "coping" with it (dumbass), you can do stretches to help improve the flexibilty in the achilles tendon and surrounding muscles. This in turn will help to improve your feet position when doing squats.

For the time being, you can use my advice from my earlier post until you're flexible enough to keep your heels firmly planted on the ground.
    Last edited by Bon; 03-23-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    - Vince Lombardi

- Socrates