MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can you gain strength while losing fat?

I have been into BBing for a while, so no more newbie gains for me.

My back is weak and I need to gain strength in it.

I have been doing lat workouts, but since I am cutting - the strength in them is staying the same and its not enough for a healthy back.

Is it possible to gain strength while cutting?

I need muscle there, strength there, endurance there. Generally when I cut my strength goes DOWN.

So, should I stop cutting and get into bulking until I gain enough strength to have a healthy back?
    Is it wrong to love a being who cannot see? Such belief is the highest faculty a human being can develop.

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

I have been doing lat workouts, but since I am cutting - the strength in them is staying the same and its not enough for a healthy back.

I need muscle there, strength there, endurance there. Generally when I cut my strength goes DOWN.

So, should I stop cutting and get into bulking until I gain enough strength to have a healthy back?
    yes!!
    i just finished my Leviathan Log (you can see it under my recent threads) and this is 6 weeks progress
    but here are my streangth gains
    Starting Lifts:
    Bench Press
    240/235/235
    7/6/5
    Machine Dips
    235/230
    5/6
    T Bar Rows
    225/225/225
    9/10/8
    Cable Rows
    235/235
    10/6
    DL
    400/400/400
    5/3/3
    DB Shrugs
    70/70/70
    12/12/12

End Lifts:
    DB Bench Press (changed to DB bench after I think 2 weeks?)
    110/110/105
    7/5/4
    Machine Dips
    250/250
    8/5
    T Bar Rows
    257.5/257.5/257.5
    10/10/10
    Cable Rows (Didn?t do cable rows last week so I?m sure I could have done 255)
    250/250
    8/5
    DL
    430/430/430
    5/4/3
    DB Shrugs
    100/100/100
    15/15/15

i did this while being at 1 -500 cal deficit. Lost about 5 lbs of fat and gained around 1 lb of muscle!

MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have no idea how you did that...
    Is it wrong to love a being who cannot see? Such belief is the highest faculty a human being can develop.

Future former fat guy lordofchaos's Avatar
    lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hard work, dedication, awesome attention to proper nutrition (both general and pre/post workout).

It can be done, it is not at all easy to attain though...
    A diplomat . . . is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

In the beginning was chaos, in the end will be chaos, he who rules chaos rules all

"Don't let your learning lead to knowledge; let your learning lead to action"

The only way to get rid of violence is to ban people

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
    hard work, dedication, awesome attention to proper nutrition (both general and pre/post workout).

Yes, I agree..it is largely based on a well designed diet plan, and hard work.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Misc Veteran Since '06 Le Derek's Avatar
    Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000) Le Derek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post

cant forget about lifting with good form...once you keep your form super strick stregnth will go down initially but then go higher then before with bad form
    I actually live in South Florida

*Keto Guy*

So why can't professional bodybuilders cut all the time and gain all the muscle?

Why do they bulk? Are they stupid??!??!

Damn retards! You can gain all the strength and muscle you want while cutting your body fat!

brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brickhouse1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i myself have the same problem. i simply cant gain strength while losing weight or cutting. if i did gain strength while cutting i would have to use some help (steriods) but i will not do that. if your back is anything like mine you can build it up but when your gonna wanna cut you'll be in the same spot as of when you started. "whith a weak back from cuting"

Strong-Ass Jaw Crew user34566548717114's Avatar
    user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Indeed

DavidNashvegas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've noticed my strength drop slightly, but most of the time its been the same. with less than a year of serious lifting under my belt, i've done bad cuts before and now that I am following my diet to the 't' and being strict I have noticed my strength is the same or slightly lower which is cool. One thing that I always hate, is the lack of energy. Its horrible.. sometimes I feel like I can't make it through a session. I train at night so that might have something to do with it, but I usually don't "come alive" until half way, or more through my work out

Originally Posted by dvv View Post
    Indeed
    Indeed what?

I need to GAIN back strength.

BTW, you got one awesome body! Whats your routine and nutrition like?

Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000)
    yeah you can strength while cutting it just takes longer than if you were maintaining or bulking.

also you get fatigued easier in workouts while you are cutting so it may just be an illusion that you are losing strength because of your decreased energy.

while cutting you should have a snack right before you work out to keep the energy up.

GiovanniR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wowstrongcut View Post
    yeah you can strength while cutting it just takes longer than if you were maintaining or bulking.
    Longer? That's an understatement. If you want to gain strength when cutting, keep lifting like you normally would. You're going to lose muscle mass and strength regardless.

Originally Posted by GiovanniR View Post
    Longer? That's an understatement. If you want to gain strength when cutting, keep lifting like you normally would. You're going to lose muscle mass and strength regardless.
    How can you gain strength while losing strength? WTF?!

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So why can't professional bodybuilders cut all the time and gain all the muscle?

Why do they bulk? Are they stupid??!??!

Damn retards! You can gain all the strength and muscle you want while cutting your body fat!
    They have access to "special" supplements.

Like celltech.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

How can you gain strength while losing strength? WTF?!
    Gaining it, losing it, gaining it, losing it.

Like that.

Gaining it, losing it, gaining it, losing it.

Like that.
    All while cutting? So, at what point in a cut do you lose strength and at what point do you gain it? This is so stupid...

Thumbs down

All while cutting? So, at what point in a cut do you lose strength and at what point do you gain it? This is so stupid...
    Jesus Christ...

Let me do a little math for you.

1 + 1 = ? Yep, you guessed it; the answer is two.

Now:

Cutting + Cardio = Eventual muscle breakdown... Assuming you do cardio, you will burn through the fat then hit the muscle. It's inevitable. You can maintain strength, however, it's very difficult to maintain...

By the way, the only thing stupid was your comment...

Jesus Christ...

Now:

Cutting + Cardio = Eventual muscle breakdown... Assuming you do cardio, you will burn through the fat then hit the muscle. It's inevitable. You can maintain strength, however, it's very difficult to maintain...

But I said I need to GAIN strength. I need to become STRONGER than I am now or ever war in some areas. Can that be done while cutting?

zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jesus Christ...

Now:

What on earth is your pathetic ecto mouth talking about.

Im losing weight, and gaining tonnes of strength.

Of course im fat, and hadnt lifted for awhile.

It is definitely possible. In fact probable for a large endo-Meso like myself who lets himslef go then wants to workout again.

For you pure ectos out there...well iunno...probably not. You guys are meant to be lean and smallish....Just like it be hard for me to be super lean and make strenght gains after awhile.

Good thing I look great at like 12-14% bodyfat with my build, oh well.

zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zaxx19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also, if being 175 and super lean is what you aspire to why worry so much about strength gains?

Originally Posted by zaxx19 View Post
    What on earth is your pathetic ecto mouth talking about.

Im losing weight, and gaining tonnes of strength.

Of course im fat, and hadnt lifted for awhile.

It is definitely possible. In fact probable for a large endo-Meso like myself who lets himslef go then wants to workout again.

For you pure ectos out there...well iunno...probably not. You guys are meant to be lean and smallish....Just like it be hard for me to be super lean and make strenght gains after awhile.

Good thing I look great at like 12-14% bodyfat with my build, oh well.
    After the nooby gains, it will be hard to gain anymore strength...

Also, next time you insult me, use something that people understand... It might hold validity if you used proper grammar an punctuation as well.

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    But I said I need to GAIN strength. I need to become STRONGER than I am now or ever war in some areas. Can that be done while cutting?
    You can gain strength while cutting. That's what I did, and it wasn't 'noob gains', because I'd been lifting for months. I just got my diet in check. You must have your diet in check, you must listen to your body, and you must take it SLOW. I don't watch the scales because I don't care how much I weigh; I only pay attention to my body fat levels and my lifts. When I started, I could do 2 pullups with some help; now I can do 5 on my own. From Jan-Feb I lost 1.5% bodyfat, and on Mon. I'm getting remeasured. I've been losing body fat and gaining/maintaining strength, I'm just taking my time and listening to my body. Some people like to say that I eat too much; I like to say that I know how much to eat because my pullups tell me I'm doing something right. :-D

EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just got back on the wagon and ive dropped close to 35 lbs on the scale (although looks wise and clothes wise, i believe ive burned more bodyfat than that, its just ive kept up actual weight due to muscle building again) and resumed my benching at about a 245...when i first got rollin again i was able to toss it up about one time.

Been about a month and a half since i started back into my heavy benching and i tossed up a 265 the other day and can now throw 245 up 4 times or so, 225 about 8 and the rest is history.

Maybe for ectos no, but for dudes like me that for one was a lifter for years before, put on some weight and is getting back in shape, its definitly possible.
    Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!

ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironford will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think it depends on how cut you are allready, pros im sure can't do it but just your adverage person can, i went from a 44pant to now in 36 from 246 to now 194 in 6 months and my lifts have went up and my arms are getting bigger.