May be worth a shot.. just thought id make a brief post since i was astonished when i first came accross quorn and thought it would be worth posting something on it.. lets understand it:
Over 90% of people have heard of the Quorn brand but many people don?t fully understand what it?s all about. Is it soya? Or maybe TVP? It's neither of these. Actually, Quorn is totally unique in so many ways, and there are some very surprising facts about the range that you may be interested to know!
You may have heard a lot recently about the special ingredients such as the ?good bacteria? in probiotic drinks and yoghurts, or superfoods, such as blueberries and broccoli etc. Well we have our very own unique ingredient!
All Quorn products contain mycoprotein. Mycoprotein is a nutritious member of the fungi family, as are mushrooms and truffles. There are lots of great things about mycoprotein which very few people know, so here are just a few:
- Mycoprotein is a fungus which contains high quality protein, enabling us to offer an alternative, purely vegetarian source of protein to meat
- Mycoprotein is naturally low in fat
- Mycoprotein also contains very few calories, so we can bring you foods which tastes great but which don?t max out on the calorie content
- Mycoprotein also contains essential dietary fibre, which as we all know, helps to maintain a healthy digestive system
- Mycoprotein doesn?t contain any cholesterol whatsoever, so eating Quorn products as part of a balanced, low fat diet can help to maintain normal cholesterol levels, which can help keep your heart healthy
- Mycoprotein is completely meat free. The organism does occur naturally, but we simply grow it under controlled conditions so that we can bring you a large variety of high quality Quorn products.
Only Quorn products contain this special vegetarian protein ingredient, and our expert chefs have many years of experience in using mycoprotein as an ingredient and turning it into our deliciously tasty range of ready meals, grills, sausages, burgers, Deli slices, as well as the classic cooking ingredients like mince and pieces we?ve become famous for.
Quorn is simply the brand name we use to highlight those products, which contain our special ingredient. Look for the Quorn logo in the chiller and freezer cabinets in all good supermarkets and make a positive choice for you and your family!
So... a low in fat.. low in kcal meal.. an excellent source of protien and fortified with other essentals?
Worth checking out (lots of different types and flavours.. the bbq chops are very taste
Thread: Try Quorn!
03-22-2007, 02:46 PM #1
03-30-2007, 03:28 PM #2
- Join Date: Apr 2006
- Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Posts: 606
- BodyPoints: 174
- Rep Power: 407
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM #3
- Join Date: Sep 2006
- Location: Cyprus
- Age: 39
- Stats: 6'0", 207 lbs
- Posts: 1,935
- BodyPoints: 11782
- Rep Power: 382