bodybuilder210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey protein shake for breakfast?

I often skip breakfast because of time. Would a Whey Protein shake be a good substitute?

SX2NYT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its better than nothing

BuRn_sLuG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You NEED breakfast dude, it's the MOST IMPORTANT meal of the day. Your body is in a FAST (hence the word Break-fast; breaking of that fast lol) from no food while you've been sleeping.

I usually have a whey protein shake and some mueslia and toast. If a shake is all you can get, then I suppose it would be good (definitely better than nothing).

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wake up earlier then...its called dedication, breakfast is the ONE meal u should definetly NOT miss

EDIT: yes whey is good at breakfast with milk - helps with sustained release of the proteins too
    Solitude is a hard-one ally, faithful and patient; yeah, i think i know you.....

Thanks go to Thickmass for the festive avatar!

Thanks go to Carmen for the idea of thanking Thickmass in my sig!

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BuRn_sLuG View Post
    You NEED breakfast dude, it's the MOST IMPORTANT meal of the day. Your body is in a FAST (hence the word Break-fast; breaking of that fast lol) from no food while you've been sleeping.

I usually have a whey protein shake and some mueslia and toast. If a shake is all you can get, then I suppose it would be good (definitely better than nothing).
    agreed
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Call yourself a bodybuilder and skip breakfast?!

You need carbs for breakfast, oats are great. Whey protein is also a decent idea.

The_General has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    since i have an 8 o clock class i ususally make two packets of oats and a whey protein shake, and about 1 1/2 later i eat a pb and j sandwich with water!

Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A whey protein shake is definitely not sufficient for breakfast IMO. Like others states, carbohydrates should be very important.
    Founder of DPA Fitness & Author of The Weight Training Antidote.
    My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SpoofRocket has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its betetr than eating nothing. but seriously if you want to gain weight and feel good throughout the day. you need to load up on carbs first thing in the mourning. breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
    I Rep Back Brah! - 1000lb Club

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    they are idiots you dont need breakfast. you know what you should do? buy every supplement out there and cook it over a hot plate. low calories and low fat. then you can eat it with some protein powder. and last but not least some steroids to wash it down with. =D

but seriously they are right u do need breakfast. especially whey protein. whey to me will only fill in gaps of protein and vitamin and cant take up a meal. vs muscle milk which is good. add water and that is like a full meal. throw a fruit in there just to be good.

CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    they are idiots you dont need breakfast. you know what you should do? buy every supplement out there and cook it over a hot plate. low calories and low fat. then you can eat it with some protein powder. and last but not least some steroids to wash it down with. =D

...disturbingly, I can picture some kid writing this down, running downstairs, and doing exactly that.

...except maybe the steroids
    **New Jersey Crew 201**

Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.

Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.

Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the clouds, everything. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000) Escorcio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Before joining BB i didnt really have a decent breakfast, woke up as late as i possibly could to get to school ontime and therefore didnt have time for breakfast.
    When i read up, I decided it was time to wake up an hour earlier and definently have some.
    Seen some good gains since

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Escorcio View Post
    Before joining BB i didnt really have a decent breakfast, woke up as late as i possibly could to get to school ontime and therefore didnt have time for breakfast.
    When i read up, I decided it was time to wake up an hour earlier and definently have some.
    Seen some good gains since
    not even just that. u focus better in school

Registered User ElgrecoTheBeast's Avatar
    ElgrecoTheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink do this if you cant eat Breakfast

Originally Posted by bodybuilder210 View Post
    I often skip breakfast because of time. Would a Whey Protein shake be a good substitute?
    What i do atleast when i cant eat breakfast (when im in a hurry or have a job to do) is

1 or 2 scoops of whey protein (mainly 2scoops for breakfast but only if it fits your protein/carbs ect. daily intake) ,2tbls of oats,1 banana and 250-300ml of milk 0-1%fat(you can add peanut butter in aswell).and then u mix it all in one shake(i recommend a mixer its easier and faster) High in protein and it keeps you fed for atleast 2-3hours (basicly youre next meal)

antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100) antonyr is not very well liked. (-100)
    if you insist of having a shake for breakfast, at least get one with carbs in it.. hard gainer from my protein is decent

blessed3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    assuming you want to put on muscle thats not enough, you definitely want some carbs

Originally Posted by bodybuilder210 View Post

TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a shake every AM.

Animal Whey
    Frozen Berries
    Oats
    Egg Whites from a carton
    Coconut Oil

Blend.

Pretty Damn good.
    Universal - www.UniversalUSA.com
    Animal - www.AnimalPak.com

My Personal Site - www.ChristianCoronato.com

Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bolestrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You dont have time for breakfast? There is a simply sulution. Wake up earlier or prepare some meals. Dont skip the most important meal of the day. Nothing wrong with drinking a shake for breakfast in addition to your food though.