NaturalFemBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

CLA Vs. L-Carnitine

Hello to all my girlfriends in iron!

This post is directed toward people who have used both L-carnitine and CLA - at different times, not together:

1. Which worked better for you for fat loss?

2. Why do you think one works better than the other (for those of you who are into the scientific aspect of bodybuilding as well - like me - this is where you would delve into physiological reasoning).

3. How long did you cycle each supplement, and at what dose?

Thanks for participating,
    NaturalFemBB

NaturalFemBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No one has ever used CLA or L-carnitine? This IS a bodybuilding site, isn't it? Am I the only female bodybuilder here? ...

NaturalFemBB

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have. Can't say that I noticed anything with either. Generally speaking you have to take WAY more than the bottle recommends and by the time you end up paying for so much of it, in the end I don't think the cost is worth the amount of results you get. And this is coming from a former supplement store owner.

iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iboyo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

good questions

buffcat has really defined the issue quite clearly. l - carnitine may have some beneficial effect to the heart and memory function as well but the cost is very high for "may have" type benefits. cla only works as a fat burner for non- athletes! this was borne out in a number of studies. however, it was found that for all subjects a high daily dose of cla (1g cla per 10kg body weight) has a very signifigant beneficial effect on bone density. again, weigh the cost vs benefit.

NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I disagree. I've supplemented with L-carnitine many different times - and each time it has proven to work wonders for cutting phases and contest preparation. It's an amazing supplement that is tried and true (for me, anyway) and truly assists in burning fat and getting cut. L-carnitine is a supplement that I will always go back to. It may not work for everyone. Everyone's different. This is just me.

CLA, on the other hand ... I'm still undecided about this one. I've only used it once, so it's only had one fair trial run with me. Yes, I lost weight when I used it during a cutting phase ... but I probably would've lost weight, regardless - because I know what I'm doing.

Conclusion: CLA is still debatable while L-carnitine is a sure thing, IMO.

NaturalMsO

LuckyGenius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by NaturalMsO View Post
    I disagree. I've supplemented with L-carnitine many different times - and each time it has proven to work wonders for cutting phases and contest preparation. It's an amazing supplement that is tried and true (for me, anyway) and truly assists in burning fat and getting cut. L-carnitine is a supplement that I will always go back to. It may not work for everyone. Everyone's different. This is just me.

CLA, on the other hand ... I'm still undecided about this one. I've only used it once, so it's only had one fair trial run with me. Yes, I lost weight when I used it during a cutting phase ... but I probably would've lost weight, regardless - because I know what I'm doing.

Conclusion: CLA is still debatable while L-carnitine is a sure thing, IMO.

NaturalMsO
    That's awesome. I definitely agree with what you're saying about L-Carnitine. I'm going to start to take 1000 mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine before my HIIT/low intensity cardio sessions.
    "Strive to work hard with your nutrition and fitness. At the end of the day, no one will care except for you. Don't hold back, cause when you die, your body will wither to ashes and dust." -- Lucky Genius

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LuckyGenius View Post
    That's awesome. I definitely agree with what you're saying about L-Carnitine. I'm going to start to take 1000 mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine before my HIIT/low intensity cardio sessions.
    I use Scivation's Vaso which has a mix of L-carnitine, L-arginine, caffeine, creatine and beta alanine...imo, it's the ideal pre workout energy drink mix because of the usefullness of it's individual ingredients.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

unique1019 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Carnitine is produced naturally in the human body so depending on your diet you may not need to supplement with it. So if you use it and dont notice results it could be that your never needed it to begin with. If you are having troubles losing fat mass then you may benefit from using it. CLA is much the same depending on ones personal diet it may not be necessary. Its important to keep in mind nothing is more beneficial to any fitness goal than hard work and proper diet.

abuluza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Please Help , CLA doseing

Hi guys,

I got ALL MAX CLA95 1000 mg , I took 3 softgels daily, i am now 92KG.

Would someone please tell me what is the correct doseing of it

Thanks everyone.

MartinF68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My understanding is that CLA helps prevent the absorption of fatty acids into fat cells and aids in the release of fatty acids from fat cells while L-Carnitine transports fatty acids to the mitochondria for conversion into ATP. Please can someone confirm whether I am correct in this and if so surely they work synergistically??