Blue Storm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sore and Dizzy, should I still work it?

So I've just started trying to get into shape and lift weights so I still have a lot of questions. I have set up a home gym because I have had about 5 gym memberships in the past and I eventually lose motivation and let it sit idle but I have identified it is more the having to travel to the gym early morning/after work that put me off and so far having equipment at home has kept me into my routine.

Anyway I digress, I'm sure I'll get many comments that I should be at a proper gym so I could be asking the trainers the questions I am posting here but baby steps yea?

By the way I'm a 22 year old male, 185cm and 117kgs who hasn't smoked regularly since Christmas.

My first question is that I did Triceps Pulldowns on a Monday night and felt kinda sore afterwards, I left it a day and when I came back to do my routine again on a Wednesday my Triceps were still sore. Should the excersise still be done if you are sore? Do you push through and do em, do less reps/weight or avoid all together?

Second question is, I set out to do my full routine one night and it was quite hot (30 odd degrees) but I had plenty of water (about a litre and a half over a hour and a half period) and I had some food in my gut eaten about 2 hours previous. By the time I got to my second to last excersise I found myself getting light headed/dizzy while lifting, I finished of the set and sat down until I felt better and tried another set and felt quite dizzy so I stopped and spent the next hour feeling somewhat sick. Now I have suffered some panic attacks in the past and it is possible that the combination of the hot weather and the exhaustion made me feel dizzy and set off my panic alarm making me feel worse, but I would like to know if it is a common thing for new people to get really dizzy after a strenuous work out or should I see my doctor for his advice?

By the way I posted this in this forum because I didn't see anywhere more relevant to put it.

Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Blue Storm View Post
    I would like to know if it is a common thing for new people to get really dizzy after a strenuous work out or should I see my doctor for his advice?
    Yes, it is common. When you're out of shape and then do some kind of rigorous training, especially a kind that produces a good amount of lactic acid, you can feel pretty sick. As you get in better condition, it will stop. You can mitigate the feeling by increasing the time you rest between sets and lowering the number of reps you do per set.

The soreness you felt is called DOMS. In general, you should try to train through it. Once you get moving and the area is filled with blood it doesn't hurt as much and you get your full range of motion back without much discomfort.

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Helis View Post
    Yes, it is common. When you're out of shape and then do some kind of rigorous training, especially a kind that produces a good amount of lactic acid, you can feel pretty sick. As you get in better condition, it will stop. You can mitigate the feeling by increasing the time you rest between sets and lowering the number of reps you do per set.

The soreness you felt is called DOMS. In general, you should try to train through it. Once you get moving and the area is filled with blood it doesn't hurt as much and you get your full range of motion back without much discomfort.
    I support this post.
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd

gbuzzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbuzzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbuzzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gbuzzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Helis View Post

right on the money with this response. Adaptation to new training regimes may cause dizzyness, throwing up etc... and this is commonly known as your nervous system adapting with the new system. light headedness may have also come due to lack of breathing during the set so ensure you breath properly during your set to avoid this.

Soreness is common and you should be asking question if you are not sore
    When it comes to benches & barbells nothing else matters... so keep pumping!!