I am very new to bodybuilding and especially nutrition but I have been going strong for the past 3 months on a good diet (minus some cheat days) and sticking to my workout routine.
My question is about the post-workout shake. I know the optimum is to get a good Whey Isolate and then mix with a High GI sugar such as Maltodextrin.
However I don't have easy access to Maltodextrin and I really enjoy the taste of a shake that is mixed in Milk. I know regular milk is bad for post-workout shakes but I was wondering if anyone has used Rice Milk.
Here is my reasoning on the benefits and please school me if I am wrong.
1) I like the taste of Rice Milk.
2) No Fat, little protein, mostly carbs.
3) It is mostly made up of rice so all the carbs are quickly absorbing.
4) It mixes well with protein powders and you can also vary the flavoring quite a bit.
5) Organic and not too processed
So is this seems to be a good alternative and tasty to me. Has anybody tried this?
Does this make sense nutritionally?