CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000)

Is is safe to do 'Straight-Leg Deadlift'?

I do them once a week at like 3x8 for heavy weight(well like 285). I am starting to wonder if this is okay for me to do. Will I like throw out my back or something?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you keep good form it is safe. Most exercises are safe if you keep proper form, you don't run hardly any risky whatsoever if your form does not get sloppy.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes indeed
    everyone who does SLDL keels over and dies afterword
    of course the time between thier last set of SLDL and thier death is often measured by the decade but I mean...everyone how does SLDL WILL die at some point!

lol just having fun with you
    like Kaz said if you keep the form right and don't put mor weight on then you can handle you can do them for the rest of your life

SCHTEEVIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it is hard to tell if you have good form with deads though...
    there is a difference between knowing good for amd using it...
    so just be careful, and maybe have some one watch you who really knows their stuff so they can point out any form problems.

Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i do them with my knees unlocked...think that way is safer and u can use much more weight...just my opinion..bye.

candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The proper form on SLDL's is difficult to exicute stricly. You aren't supposed to actualy keep your legs locked the whole time. I know my lower back feels like it's on fire after a few sets. I concentrate on feeling the stretch in the hams. I think they are safe enough if done carefuly.
    Cutting
    164lbs. 9/11/03
    181.75lbs. 9/6/04
    6.5% BF 9/6/04

Mod @ http://www.bbforums.com

candle25@cyber-rights.net

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by BigKazWSM747
    if you keep good form it is safe. Most exercises are safe if you keep proper form, you don't run hardly any risky whatsoever if your form does not get sloppy.
    bump...

henryj1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try romainian deadlifts

Doogz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hurt my back just over a year ago and in the past two weeks, I just started doing dl's, sldl's and squats. So far I've done 2 sessions each without hurting may back and except for post w/o muscle soreness it feels pretty good. Here's what i've been doing:

Wear a belt and wrist straps. The straps are important b/c you can concentrate more on form than just trying to hold onto the bar.

Face the mirror when doing this excercise. Watch your technique.

Get the technique right before increasing the weight.

Block - tighten your back and stomach muscles and take a deep breath up to create internal pressure - just don't forget to breathe, ok.

Do this excercise first before you get fatigued.

Stretch, stretch & stretch some more!

I hope this helps the newbies, like me.
    ....no matter what happens, your toes are still tappin'.

CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000) CastorTroy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Doogz
    I hurt my back just over a year ago and in the past two weeks, I just started doing dl's, sldl's and squats. So far I've done 2 sessions each without hurting may back and except for post w/o muscle soreness it feels pretty good. Here's what i've been doing:

Wear a belt and wrist straps. The straps are important b/c you can concentrate more on form than just trying to hold onto the bar.

Face the mirror when doing this excercise. Watch your technique.

Get the technique right before increasing the weight.

Block - tighten your back and stomach muscles and take a deep breath up to create internal pressure - just don't forget to breathe, ok.

Do this excercise first before you get fatigued.

Stretch, stretch & stretch some more!

I hope this helps the newbies, like

me.
    thanks!

timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depends if you have a history of lower back problems (like me)then I'd avoid them.

Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    u do NOT have to wear the belt all the time...if ur form is correct....and wrist straps too???why would u want to wear something that would make ur grip suffer....the belt coud turn out to do more harm then good in the long run if u use iut all the time...