usnjosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnjosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnjosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb My weight loss goals and plan-- help requested please :)

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon these forums and have found the information so far to be very useful, and I have decided to ask for your assistance as a community to help me reach my fitness goals.

Let me give you a little bit of background information.

I am 5'8" tall, and weigh approximately 214 lbs right now. My body fat is at 22% (according to the Navy Circumference Method, which I feel is very innacurate to be honest). I would classify myself as very active.

I am in the gym almost every weekday, either doing cardio or weight lifting.

I recently began cutting carbohydrates and doing a ton of cardio to assist in losing weight to meet the minimum fitness standards to join the US Navy. In 2 weeks, I dropped from 222 lbs, down to 210 lbs. Unfortunately, do to a paperwork problem, my entrance into the services has been delayed until November of this year.

I plan to be in excellent condition by that time.

I need to be able to run a mile and a half in less than 12 minutes and 30 seconds, as well as trim down. My ideal weight should be around 190 lbs.

My fitness goals are to reach 15% body fat, and improve my cardiovascular fitness to the point that I can run 2 miles with no problem at all, while becoming stronger and more solid.

My plan consists of the following.

I will weight train 4 days per week and do 30 - 45 minutes of cardio 4 - 5 days per week an hour or more after my weight training (if on the same day.)

Diet wise, I am cutting carbohydrates to a low level, while eating a larger amount of protein and moderate levels of fat.

I recently purchased a box (24 packets) of Met-Rx Lite Meal Supplement shakes (180 calories / 2g Fat / 25g Protein / 15g Carbohydrate - per serving). The gentleman at GNC recommended that I drink a shake for breakfast every morning and limit my carb consumption for the rest of the day. I started taking Xenadrine (2 capsules) twice per day.

I plan on updating this thread every day (hopefully) and report how I feel and what I have done that day. Any input and advice is very appreciated.

----------------------------
    Wednesday 3/13/02

Breakfast - Met-Rx Lite

Went to the the gym - Weight at 214.1
    Worked chest (bench, incline, decline) and triceps (pulldowns, bar extensions, kickbacks) - 40 oz of water in course of workout.

Lunch - Chicken Breast (30g Protein)

Went jogging -
    Ran/jogged/walked 2 miles in 26 minutes (side note: running in the cold is hard!)

Dinner - Grilled Shrimp (not breaded) cooked in oil (54g protein / 12g fat / 3g carbs - dietary fiber)

Did 200 crunches before bedtime.

-------------------------

I feel good so far, though I'm not sure how well I will sleep tonight considering I'm still a little jittery from not taking Xenadrine for weeks and starting back today.

Opinions and advice?
    Last edited by usnjosh; 03-13-2002 at 05:35 PM.

plornive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could do the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. Wait an hour to eat after cardio. That will help you a lot. Doing weights in a seperate session will help you to retain muscle and lose more fat.

The Met-Rx should be used for convenience only. I believe the carbs in it are maltodextrin, with a very high glycemic index. Instead, just have some oats and egg whites in the morning. It will digest better. Have your Met-Rx after your weights session. This might be good for post-workout since you are cutting.

Try to eat frequent meals high in protein. This will help you to retain muscle. Try to eat protein 6 times per day. This can be accomplished by buying 6 small cans of tuna, 6 tupperware of chicken breast, etc. Very simple to do.

Depending on your condition right now, you may not end up at 15% bf at 190. You might want to get your bodyfat % checked so you know exactly what you want.

usnjosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnjosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usnjosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 2:

The advice is well taken. Tomorrow, I'll make sure to save the protein shake until after my workout.

I slept like a log last night! It was wonderful. I was unable to work out on an empty stomach today, unfortunately. I had some things to do before I could make it to the track or gym.

I'm having trouble eating 6 times a day though... have only done 3 so far and it's getting to be the afternoon.

So today.

Got up and had Met-shake (hadn't read the boards yet). Took 2 Xenadrine

After meeting, grabbed a few slices of Bologna before going to the gym since I had to eat something, and I wasn't in a tuna mood (protein + fat = good right?) Took 2 more Xenadrine (had been about 4 hours passed.

Went to the gym and did a light bicep/back workout. I felt pretty weak and had a hard time completing the workout.

Did 35 minutes of Cardio on the excersize bike keeping my heart rate around 140 the whole time.

Spent 20 minutes in the sauna after workout.

I'm properly hydrated, averaging a gallon of water a day so far. I don't plan on weighing until Wednesday.

Ate a can of tuna (in oil with mayonaise) for "lunch"

A couple hours later had a bowl of pinto beans. Dietary Fiber is not a real carbohydrate in the sense of cutting carbs is it?

Finished off the night with a few pieces of beef jerky.

Ended up drinking around a gallon of water over the course of the day.
    Last edited by usnjosh; 03-14-2002 at 08:48 PM.

Registered Physiologist Goose102's Avatar
    Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by usnjosh View Post
    The advice is well taken. Tomorrow, I'll make sure to save the protein shake until after my workout.

I slept like a log last night! It was wonderful. I was unable to work out on an empty stomach today, unfortunately. I had some things to do before I could make it to the track or gym.

I'm having trouble eating 6 times a day though... have only done 3 so far and it's getting to be the afternoon.

So today.

Got up and had Met-shake (hadn't read the boards yet). Took 2 Xenadrine

After meeting, grabbed a few slices of Bologna before going to the gym since I had to eat something, and I wasn't in a tuna mood (protein + fat = good right?) Took 2 more Xenadrine (had been about 4 hours passed.

Went to the gym and did a light bicep/back workout. I felt pretty weak and had a hard time completing the workout.

Did 35 minutes of Cardio on the excersize bike keeping my heart rate around 140 the whole time.

Spent 20 minutes in the sauna after workout.

I'm properly hydrated, averaging a gallon of water a day so far. I don't plan on weighing until Wednesday.

Ate a can of tuna (in oil with mayonaise) for "lunch"

A couple hours later had a bowl of pinto beans. Dietary Fiber is not a real carbohydrate in the sense of cutting carbs is it?

Finished off the night with a few pieces of beef jerky.

Ended up drinking around a gallon of water over the course of the day.
    So did you end up making it?
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100) solid19 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Programs like Vive weight loss offer many examples of helpful ways to approach losing weight. To get the weight loss Salt Lake City residents may need, they can adopt some of the steps of programs like Vive weight loss. There are so many products, ideas, and approaches to losing weight it can be tough to know where to begin. Some people may get great help from programs like Vive, but others may not benefit from that route. This brief article will touch on a few of the good ideas programs like this use that could be used in almost anyone's weight loss efforts.

First, we will examine one of the keys to programs like Vive weight loss, which is evaluation of one's individual body. Second, we'll discuss how a personalized diet and workout plan is effective. Third, we'll talk about how obtaining the right help could make everything much better.