Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get rid of space between chest?

I have been working out for about 4 months now and although I am making good progress, there is a conspicuous gap between my pecs. Can you suggest any exercises to get rid of this gap?

thanks in advance.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    it comes with bulk and genetics...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=179981

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    time&genetis
    Booo

Registered Sex Offender shitbrickhouse's Avatar
    shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    give it time
    My Pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=34649

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump to all above,

Keep going muscles will mature and you will get better,

Keep flat bench as the core of your chest workout,
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris

Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try doing macine flyes also. and squeeze real hard at the contraction part of each rep. That will help a litte too.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by Prodigy
    Try doing macine flyes also. and squeeze real hard at the contraction part of each rep. That will help a litte too.
    no it wont...

Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prodigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes it will... and I'll prove it. I just need to find the arcticle on the main site. When you do flyes, you will feel it in your inner chest. especially at the top of each rep, and when you squeeze, you really can feel it. I read a whole bunch of arcticles on building up inner chest because I had the same problem. I do that every other week and my inner chest has filled out nicely in the last couple of months.
    I'm not saying to use them as a REPLACEMENT for other exercises, just as an ADDITION.

Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    upper muscle, lower muscle.

not inner and outer.

yes it will... and I'll prove it. I just need to find the arcticle on the main site. When you do flyes, you will feel it in your inner chest. especially at the top of each rep, and when you squeeze, you really can feel it. I read a whole bunch of arcticles on building up inner chest because I had the same problem. I do that every other week and my inner chest has filled out nicely in the last couple of months.
    I'm not saying to use them as a REPLACEMENT for other exercises, just as an ADDITION.
    sorry it is rubbish....look at the anatomy of the chest...

Originally posted by Feer
    upper muscle, lower muscle.

not inner and outer.
    No. I can do certain exercises where I feel them mostly in my inner chest. And others where I feel them mostly in my outer chest. His question was how to develop his inner chest and I believe from my and others' experience that doing the machine flyes can help wiht that particular area of the chest.
    Just try them one time and squeeze real hard at the contraction piont of each rep and the next day you should feel the whole border of your ribcage on each side of your inner chest sore. Now if you didn't do any other chest exercises then you should not feel it in your outer chest (near your shoulders)

No. I can do certain exercises where I feel them mostly in my inner chest. And others where I feel them mostly in my outer chest. His question was how to develop his inner chest and I believe from my and others' experience that doing the machine flyes can help wiht that particular area of the chest.
    Just try them one time and squeeze real hard at the contraction piont of each rep and the next day you should feel the whole border of your ribcage on each side of your inner chest sore. Now if you didn't do any other chest exercises then you should not feel it in your outer chest (near your shoulders)
    sorry u are digging yourself into a hole you are wrong... read too many articles in flex magazine...

Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just curious if you got this from a workout mag b/c i used to do all sorts of flyes mentioned in those mags, cable/machine/free weights in addition to presses. sure i felt the 'burn' the next day, especially at the gap but the best test is the mirror test. on that test i am noticing a smaller gap (with overall muscle growth thru presses).

i'm not saying flyes aren't a good exercise, i do it on occassion for ****s and giggles to keep it un-boring but to say it can do something when it can't doesn't help the guy.

Originally posted by scott_donald
    sorry u are digging yourself into a hole you are wrong... read too many articles in flex magazine...
    I've never read ANY bB'ing magazines. I got 90% of my information from this website, personal experience, and my father who is a Bodlbuilder and a RN with years of practice.
    I won't debate this anymore. You say I'm wrong. So be it.

Research it on the main site.. They'll tell you that flyes work the inner chest!! OK whatever......

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    false

I've never read ANY bB'ing magazines. I got 90% of my information from this website, personal experience, and my father who is a Bodlbuilder and a RN with years of practice.
    I won't debate this anymore. You say I'm wrong. So be it.

Research it on the main site.. They'll tell you that flyes work the inner chest!! OK whatever......
    1) being a nurse/doctor means nothing

2) personal experience can be flawed; that's how people get to think things like kickbacks are great

3) lots of the stuff on bb.com is complete and utter ****. i've seen articles saying machines give exactly 82.5% of the benefit of free weights
    Booo

Originally posted by amusclehead
    false

1) being a nurse/doctor means nothing

2) personal experience can be flawed; that's how people get to think things like kickbacks are great

3) lots of the stuff on bb.com is complete and utter ****. i've seen articles saying machines give exactly 82.5% of the benefit of free weights
    wondered when you would appear on this one...ahhh....

Rick366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rick366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rick366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rick366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rick366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rick366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

you are wrong

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    you cant isolat inner and outer but you can focus more on them it all depends ont how the physiology of the exercise is working. putting more tension on the pecs in different ways targets the connective tissues in the muscle so try researching what your talking about before you dig yourself into a hole with your stupi ideologys

^watchout ur jimmies bro deepintexas91's Avatar
    deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000) deepintexas91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    make sure you are using proper from by pulling back your shoulders, which will allow you to not use your shoulders, and widen your grip.
    I don't just hit the gym, I beat the **** out of it

INTJ(Mastermind)brah

"So this is how liberty dies.....with thunderous applause."

“A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires.”

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    this thread is from 2003
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat more and lift for longer...

A good chest takes a decent amt of time brother

I love heavy weighted dips for my chest growth! But thats just my body..u gotta find wats right for u

BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BNB84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alter genetics?
    The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    -Muhammad Ali

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
    -Bruce Lee

canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So many reds!

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gluon999 View Post
    I have been working out for about 4 months now
    This was his problem. I hope after all these years the issue was resolved.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    This was his problem. I hope after all these years the issue was resolved.
    I concur
    http://bodybuilding101.wieldtheweb.com

RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agreed with general consensus. Keep lifting and gaining more mass, it should fill in itself unless your pec genetics are super bad.
    iRep Back

Location: Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anatomy of chest. Minor, medial and major. Not inner and outer. If there was an inner and outer then people that were constatly doing flyes and pec dec exercises would have a mountain in the middle of their chest.......

Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tostru is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1) 4 months? Come and ask the question again after you've spent some serious time trying to develop your chest.
    2) You cant change the shape of your chest while keeping it the same size. If you increase the size of the muscle by a significant amount it may take on the appearance of having changed shape - this is probably what you are after.
    3) Conclusion - get a bigger chest

Edit: Just noticed previous post was strong bump
    Last edited by Tostru; 04-05-2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Just noticed previous post was strong bump

GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymRat636 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just the title of this thread reeks of complete BS.

You know what you should do to build your inner chest? Skip physiology, anatomy, astrology, geology, the way the air smells while you lift, etc...etc..

Throw some weight on the BB bench, don't cheat with your form, and eat properly. Yes, there are different variations to target your upper and lower chest but not the MIDDLE of your chest.

Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread is from a 2003!

mpew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DO NOT MAKE FLAT BENCH THE CORE OF YOUR WORKOUT!!!! That could be the reason you have the chest gap. Do more flyes, heavy weights, 5-8 reps, however many sets, when you go down pause then come back up