Closed Thread
    whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

the SQUATTING technique?

When you're squatting, should you be on the balls of your feet or lift flat footed?

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Re: the SQUATTING technique?

flat footed if the weight is ont he balls then you push too far on your knees and this can be dangerous...

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Push the weight through the heels of your feet. Like Scott said if you press through ur toes meaning your putting your knees in front of your feet which is VERY dangerous. Also make sure to stick your ass out and keep your back as straight as possible.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    Also make sure to stick your ass out and keep your back as straight as possible.

yup just like your trying to sit back onto a chair that's just out of your reach...

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    this is the problem i have right now trying to teach my mum how to squat she wants to go on her toes and it is so hard to get he r to sit back...even although she is just using the bar...

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    play with her toe angles, that should help out a bit. (a bit wider angle)

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by scott_donald
    this is the problem i have right now trying to teach my mum how to squat she wants to go on her toes and it is so hard to get he r to sit back...even although she is just using the bar...
    Try box squatting.

Originally posted by BoxSquat
    Try box squatting.
    think that would scare her...

sMoKeCoDE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude

funny you said she has a hard time squatting
    this girl i was trying to teach squats

no-weight body squats

she couldnt do them, she kept falling on to her toes or falling back

i tried for like 15 minutes holding down her feet and stuff , she couldnt even balance her self....i was thinking to myself wtf?

i dont know man, maybe some ppl are genetically not able to squat lol

Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My girlfriend has a hard time doing squats (no weight), too. I have to stand behind her and put my hands under her armpits to give her balance. Yeah, it's kinda funny.

tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thank You

This was a great read!

jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000) jason1903 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tiffdelano View Post
    This was a great read!
    You must be a really fast reader, seeing as you posted this exact same thing in 17 threads over the span of 20 minutes.
    Training log (5/3/1): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134406091

Sponsored Supp Logs:
    NGN Glyco-Energy - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155635833
    Fahrenheit Nutrition Volatile - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148750893

abominable discharge BrostateGland's Avatar
    BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BrostateGland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    Make sure she's positioning the bar correctly - i.e. low enough on the back. A few inches too high can make a big difference in the movement. Ensure its resting across the shoulders, not on the neck.

Use a box, perhaps start without the bar to get the movement down. Emphasize hip drive out of the hole.

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it might help if she stands on a 1" board to lift the heels higher, this helps you to keep the torso more upright. or try to get her to stand wider than shoulder width with the toes pointed outwards.