Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how many times can you hit your calves a week..?

i heard it was really hard to over train them so i was wondering if i should hit them more than once a week

northbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) northbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) northbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 is Good but 3 is MADNESS!!!!!

lot100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lot100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lot100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lot100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lot100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lot100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually train my calves once a week but that simply because genetically i have big calf muscles - howvere i find that they are like abs in that in that they recover a lot quicker then say bicpes or chest etc and hecne i proabably could train them 2-3 times.

However saying that it depends really on the individual
    "Inspire the next"

wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wannaBmoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ATG Squats hit your calves a bit ... so 3?
    "Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back."

#le journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2539051

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Different strokes for different folks... pick a number and try it out, see if you like the results.

I like 2, I dont ever see anyone go over 3.
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Db88 View Post
    i heard it was really hard to over train them so i was wondering if i should hit them more than once a week
    ****, I got my best growth from FIVE.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just read an article on a new study of calf training. It said something to the effect of calf muslces needing to be worked hard and often with very little breaks between sets. It recommended breaking no longer than like 15 seconds. I think it was in Men's Health.

Iron Nima has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Iron Nima has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Iron Nima has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Iron Nima has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Iron Nima has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Iron Nima has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Iron Nima has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think training abs and calves 2 x week is a nice amount but I'm sure 3 x week is ok as well, just make sure to account for this though in the sets/reps you do each time. Calves in particular can and often need a beating.

trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I read an article written by Charles Glass a while ago and he recommended that his clients hit calves two days in a row, take a day off, then do another two days of calf training, then take the rest of the week off from calves. I have always been a hardgainer as far as calf growth, so I try to go with that technique.

NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Calves are probably one of the hardest muscles to build. IMO do it as many times as your comfortable with. If you can walk the next day, then I would probably wait 2 or 3 days before I go again.

Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Db88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i think i might hit them like.. 2 or 3 times a week, how many days of rest inbetween would be good?

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well there are seven days in a week so.... if you do it 2x a week, subtract out the 2 on days (7-2=5) then divide by 2 (5/2=2.5)... so on average 2.5 days in between.
    Let me know if you need help with the 3x a week math...
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) zyzyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hit my calves 5x a week, and they are never sore. It's great.

I don't see that there should be a particular limit to how often you can train a given bodypart. If size/strength starts to regress, obviously you are doing something wrong. But as long as you are making progress, why limit yourself? Train them as often as you want.

Originally Posted by nitrored View Post
    Well there are seven days in a week so.... if you do it 2x a week, subtract out the 2 on days (7-2=5) then divide by 2 (5/2=2.5)... so on average 2.5 days in between.
    Let me know if you need help with the 3x a week math...
    no ****... but u could maybe train them the day right after, too and stuff like that.

brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brewu4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by zyzyx View Post

I don't see that there should be a particular limit to how often you can train a given bodypart. If size/strength starts to regress, obviously you are doing something wrong. But as long as you are making progress, why limit yourself? Train them as often as you want.
    i agree with that to some extent, but definately when it comes to calves, i like to hit them 4-5 times weekly

NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYC Fitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zyzyx View Post

Reps to that. I agree!!!

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hit my twice a week directly. sometimes 3 times but then I lower the volume for each workout
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FrankNBeans View Post
    I just read an article on a new study of calf training. It said something to the effect of calf muslces needing to be worked hard and often with very little breaks between sets. It recommended breaking no longer than like 15 seconds. I think it was in Men's Health.
    ****, who asked for that study? like we didn't know before... sometimes i get the feeling that being a scientist must be ****in boring!!!
    S T R A I G H T W A Y

BF 11% ▪ BI 14,5" ▪ TH 23,6" ▪ CHEST 43,5" ▪ WAIST 30,3" ▪ DEADLIFT 220x5 ▪ OH SQUAT 3x110x4 ▪ BENCH 220 ▪ CHINS 66 ▪ DIPS 105 ▪ NO JUICE ▪ NO SUPPS ▪ NO GEAR

take that f u c kin belt off!!!