jay119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Gym, New Workout- need some help!

Hello,
    For a little while now I've been on ripptoes, and have made good progress, but I was working out at home so after a while I couldn't manage the weight anymore. I signed up for a local gym, but they don't have all the equiptment necessary. They've got some machines, dumbell benches and an olympic bar though. The program they put me on is as follows;

Workout A
    Chest Press
    Leg Press
    Back Hyperextensions
    Ab machine thing

Workout B
    Leg press
    Lat pulldowns
    Overhead press

I wokout three times a week, obviously alternating the workouts. I do three sets on all excersises and around 6-8 reps. What do you guys think? Any help or input at all would be greatly appreciated.

Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Helis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jay119 View Post
    What do you guys think?
    I think you should have checked out their equipment before signing up for membership. The program they put you on is clearly a step in the wrong direction if you had been doing Starting Strength.

I did check ot out, but I didn't have much of a choice as its the only one around. Have you got any suggestions? Thanks for the reply too.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should cancel your membership, invest a little money in your own home gym.

All you need is a cage, adjustable bench, olympic set, some floor mats.

You can get all this in the area of maybe 700 or so, if you already have weights and a bench even less.

www.newyorkbarbells.tv has a decent cage for 250 shipped.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

That would be ideal, but I really don't have the space for a cage, this gym is really my only option.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Check out the sumo cage.... hardly bigger than a large square coffee table. Not very high either.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

I'll check into that, thanks for the advice. Any suggestions in the meantime while my membership runs out/before I get a cage?