nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nan3108 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Egg Whites post workout

Are egg whites good for a post workout meal? what else should i eat? (im bulking)
    White Male, 5 foot 9.5, 165 pds.

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you don't have access to whey protein, animal proteins might be your next best bet, since milk is mostly casein(I think its 80-20 casein to whey, don't quote me though=). So long as you have enough simple carbs. if you don't have dextrose or maltodextrin or glucose to drink, you might just want to chug back some milk as a last resort!

But yeah, if you don't have whey, your probably ok with egg whites as long as you get enough simple carbs.

B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i dont have any access to whey but heres what i usually eat post workout, you might try it out if you want to

3 cups milk
    1.5 cups whole ice cream(insulin spike)
    2 bananas
    blend all those together and enjoy, i call it my poor mans protein shake. i take that and usually a can of chili or chicken/steak.

Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can't get whey?
    Get it in Gear

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    i sometimes have about 8 or 10 egg whites blended with a tin of unsweetened pineapple and a serving of pure whey.(post-workout only) tastes great.Richie

B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nope cant get whey yet, my parents think supps will stunt my growth and that there hasnt been enough research done on em to prove that they're safe. once i get my license in the next month ill just sneak em in and ill be fine.

Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your parents are retarded, no offense. You can tell them to stop drinking milk, because, by their logic, the whey protein in it stunts growth. Haha, I'm kidding around, it's good your obeying their rules.

Drop the whole ice cream, the fat in it(and there is a LOT) will dull the insulin response. Replace it with low fat cookies or anything low fat and high sugar. Hell, sucrose(table sugar) in water would be much preferential to ice cream. Better yet, gatorade powder is easy to get and high in sugar. Your parents can't have anything against that(although, considering their logic about whey, they might!).

Fructose(Bananas) aren't optimal for post workout, but its better than nothing, they are higher on the GI than most fruit.

hey travis i agree my parents are retarded lol. About that ice cream thing, if i'm bulking up that extra fat isn't a real downside is it, and are you sure it negates the extra insulin entering into your body?

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    egg whites are good because they contain 0 fat and so will be absorbed quickly - whey is animal protein because it comes from cheese production and cheese like milk comes from cows.

Make sure you are cooking the whites because the body cant digest raw eggs and there is a salmonella risk
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

I'm positive that it slows the release of insulin. It's commonly known that ingesting anything with simple carbohydrates lowers their GI, fat being the worst of the possibilities(complex carbs along with simple carbs will have a lower GI than just simple carbs, protein can sometimes work synergistically with simple carbs for insulin release, though). I can't seem to find any studies or books that say this specifically, and i'd rather not just give you a web site,but I can post a link to where I read this if you want.

I would seriously recommend some gatorade powder in place of the ice cream (if you don't have access to dextrose or maltodextrin), it's what I use when I'm not going to buy any specific supplements for workout nutrition.

D-Audi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    fat dulls insulin?? hmmmmmmmm.........

heh

Bad choice of words on my part(dull was).. it slows the release of insulin(lowers the GI).

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It mostly depends on the refinement of the carb. Maltodextrin for example, is a complex carb, but it has a GI rating just as high as dextrose or maltose.

Yes, fats do lower the gi and lower your insulin spike. Saturated fat has even been shown to lower insulin sensitivity. Try to get the majority of your fats from unsaturated sources.

Br

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by D-Audi
    fat dulls insulin?? hmmmmmmmm.........

heh
    Fats dont dull insulin. Infact, omega-3 fatty acid will make your body more insulin sensitive (which is a good thing). You dont want much fat after working out, because fat causes sugar to be absorbed and released into the blood slower. As i said above, its saturated fat that has been shown to lower insulin sensitivity.

Br