Boost777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What routine next?

What's up guys. I have just gotten into the powerlifting part of weights and just came off my first westside routine. I have to say I like it a lot, all of my lifts went up and I feel good. I was thinking about trying something else though, the bodybuilder in me feels like I need more of a mix. Also, I feel that one of my weakpoints in delts, and I was looking for a routine that doesn't neglect them as much as westside does. So does anyone have a routine that is more for both strength and size? I have done bb splits in the past, (upper lower, or push pull legs) but want something for both.

Current Stats RAW

Bench 295
    Deadlift 450
    Squat 375

Thanks.

sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50) sborg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Smolov and eating. Your stats are pretty close to mine, and I'm doing Smolov to get my squat up to 405. After that, find a good bench routine and do the Coan-Phillipi (sp?) deadlift routine. You'll be the strongest mofo on your block.

Or, you could be a coward and choose not to do Smolov.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why change anything if you made gains? I don't understand why people think it's necessary to change their routine, especially when it's working. If you want more bodybuilding type activity, add some higher rep assistance.

rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Westside isn't a rigid template like a lot of people think. The whole point of westside training is to make it your own. Train your weaknesses. If Westside is working for you then why stop? If you want to add in some shoulder work...than go ahead. Read some of the training logs on Elitefts.com. Nearly every lifter has adapted westside to their own weaknesses, needs, abilities, and training goals (raw/equipped).

I agree with Danimal: add some higher rep assistance

Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just choose overhead presses for your bench assistance for a while, and boost you shoulder strength in the 10-12 rep range. That'll widen your shoulders for you while still helping your benching ability to some extent.
    "When other people drink my drink, that means I'm not drinking my drink, and that's f-cking bull****."-NugzTheNinja

300x1, 225x10 bench

Powerlifting Goals
    315 bench
    300x10 squat
    375x10 deadlift
    405 squat
    500 deadlift
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=349412&page=3[/url]

Boost777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well the problem I had with westside is it didn't really do much for my bench, up went 10lbs in 2 months as opposed to 50lbs in SLDL, 60lbs in GM, 25lbs in Front Squat ect. I feel like my lower body is getting stronger while my upper body is lagging behind. For that reason I wanted to try something else where my body might respond better. Any suggestions for a routine? I was thinking of trying a 5x5 since I have yet to try that, any success stories with that?

BIGMANL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMANL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMANL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMANL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGMANL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    look up the Kennelly Method, awesome program
    "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity." -Ken Shamrock
    ...............96 aka the Snake

"SQUAT MORE" JESSE MARUNDE Sept 14, 1979-July 25, 2007

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can't expect to gain as much on bench as you do on squat if your squat was low to begin with. 10lbs gain on bench in 2 months is pretty darn good, I'd take that. How long have you been lifting? Gaining what you did has less to do with the routine than it does with your experience level. Beginners will make great gains, as you get more experienced it gets harder.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    You can't expect to gain as much on bench as you do on squat if your squat was low to begin with. 10lbs gain on bench in 2 months is pretty darn good, I'd take that. How long have you been lifting? Gaining what you did has less to do with the routine than it does with your experience level. Beginners will make great gains, as you get more experienced it gets harder.
    I agree. Your gains with bench are fine.

However, you could try switching out DE bench for RE bench. A lot of people seem to do very well with this slight modification of the standard Westside template. Check out this article by Jim Wendler...

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/repetition_work.htm
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/