Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldmanmarley is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Order of Eccentric and Concentric Phases in Bench Press and Squat

I'm trying to figure out little ways to improve my lifts, and I ask: have any of you tried doing concentrics only on the bench press or squat? Or starting with a concentric and finishing with an eccentric? (You might be asking "how the hell are ya gonna do that?" It's simple if you have a power rack. Just figure out what level your lowest point would be and put the pins there.) Have you experienced any success with this? Is there any information out there about the benefits or drawbacks of starting with the concentric phase? I'm sure it would get an athlete accustomed to performing the concentric without a stretch reflex, but I also think it would be harder to push the weight up in a meet if you're not used to doing the eccentric first. But I just want to get some other opinions on this type of training.

Thanks in advance.

Stats: 6'1", 240 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3023
    eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eightballrj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit eightballrj's BodySpace
    Old man you could also try paused squatting. You will have to stay in the hole for a few seconds though to completely eliminate the stretch reflex. But, a second or second and a half pause should be fine to get rid of most of the benefits of stretch.

Also, you could do deloaded reps on squats and bench. Which would basically be deloading the weight (in a power rack of course) onto pins at the bottom of the eccentric.

Hope that helps.

Richard