nasiya4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre and Post Workout Nutrition Help

How do you fit the pre and post workout meals in with the 5-6 meals a day? Are they included?
    Also what can I eat as a pre-workout meal and what can I eat as a post-workout meal? I heard to eat carbs an hour before a workout and protein and carbs after a workout...

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes the pre and post workout meals count towards your 5-6 meals during the day.

Have some complex carbohdydrates along with some protein about 45 minutes before to give you energy and have protein with carbohydrates again immediately afterwards to repair your muscles and restore lose muscle glycogen. Do not use fruits as your carb sources however since they contain fructose which is only good for restoring lost liver, not muscle glycogen

jeanice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A good post workout is 2 scoops whey with malto or dextrose..although right now if you are beginning you dont have to get that...

2 scoops of whey is good for now, and then about 1/2 an hour to an hour later have your next meal with a protein, carbs...your body needs real food to help build the muscle..the post workout is to help with the lactate of the msucle..

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no need to use a high GI carb like dextrose or maltodextrin. Lower GI carbs such as oats wil suffice just fine and are healthier.

jeanice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course, you def. do not need malto or dextrose..i chose to use it..im in a competion right now..im only heavy in supps during comps..other than that i wont be...but oats is a good way to restore...

playmaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends on ur goals. If u want to build muscles postworkout meals are very important. Use this calculator to find out how much whey and glucose u need immediately after ur workout
    your weight (kg)x 0.4 = gr of whey protein
    your weight (kg)x 0.8 = gr of glucose
    If u want add some more whey i take 30gr of whey mixed with 40gr of glucose. After an hour u can have protein/complex carbs for example cottage cheese and oats. Also have some protein/complex carbs an hour before ur workout.

sessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have tried so many different things for pre/post.

I found I need to have a lot of food before I workout. I need the energy. I like a peanut butter sandwich with an apple. Or a chicken sandwich with a pear. Post workout, I used to do the whey and glycocarb. But again being the hungry person I am. I switched to a whey protein shake + a musli bagel. I love this combo. It gives me just what I need to go home, cook for my next chicken and vegies dinner.

BTW, I am 5'9 136 pds. I have 19%bf BUT I am trying to gain serious muscle mass.
    137 pds - 5'9 - female - 20% bf
    I am trying to change my yoga body to an arnold's classic fitness body.