DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Chest Exercises AFTER recovering from rotator cuff injury?

I was wondering if someone could give me a list/link to some good exercises that won't place too much strain on the rotator cuff.(I injured the RC like 2 months ago, took a complete break from the gym and am now slowly working myself back into chest/shoulder exercises after the layoff).

I warm up my rotator cuffs w/ internal and external cable work prior to chest/shoulder work(3 sets of 40 reps, 15lbs)

Exercises that are a no-go:

Any type of BB Bench

DB Bench(can do, but with limited ROM, have to stop ~ 3 inches from chest)

In addition, I can do shoulder press and dips fairly pain free(thus far)

Any recommendations? I don't know how well limited ROM DB press and dips will help me maintain shoulder/chest mass.
    23 Years Old Asian Male
    Current:
    5'10 192lbs ~13%bf.
    Goal by end of this year:
    5'10 185lbs ~-7%bf.

Max Lifts
    Bench: 240*7
    Squat: 260*10
    Pullups: BW+35*6-7

writes scary stories I_love_crows's Avatar
    I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DerekJ View Post

Any type of BB Bench
    Even close grip benching?
    OUTLAW split:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1830521

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MikeyTheCrow

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was wondering if someone could give me a list/link to some good exercises that won't place too much strain on the rotator cuff.(I injured the RC like 2 months ago, took a complete break from the gym and am now slowly working myself back into chest/shoulder exercises after the layoff).

I warm up my rotator cuffs w/ internal and external cable work prior to chest/shoulder work(3 sets of 40 reps, 15lbs)

Any type of BB Bench

Any recommendations? I don't know how well limited ROM DB press and dips will help me maintain shoulder/chest mass.
    Start light and work up. Stay away from flat barbell press if it hurts too much. Do only the ROM which gives you pain free results. Over time, your rotator cuff will strengthen back up only if you take it easy and light now.

Here's a thread with some rotator cuff rehabilitation movements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Only 180lbs in the pic MiketheSwede's Avatar
    MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiketheSwede is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would avoid doing flys.
    Try doing a DB press on a very slight decline. I like to place myself high on the bench (flat bench) with my head and neck hanging over the edge, that's enough of a decline for me.
    Really stick your chest out doing 'em like this and keep your shoulders out of it!
    Last edited by MiketheSwede; 03-20-2007 at 10:11 AM.

malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) malkulmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any type of BB Bench

switching to dumbell is a good alternative. lift straight, not widely and as you do stop before reaching your chest. I didnt it for 3 months before using again the barbell. I could also use weighted dips by inclining the body to hit more the chest.

another good thing is to apply cold on the injured part after each training session.