evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evangelist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chin ups = big biceps?

I have been doing compound exercises. But I'm just curious, will doing chin ups increase my bicep size, or should i return to concentration curls. I know the positive about chin ups is that they will work my lats, but I also want big biceps too, so what should i do?

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Barbell Curls are needed for optimum biceps development. Chins should be done for the back. If you do them specifically for the biceps then you will rob your back of optimal gains.

Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by evangelist View Post
    I have been doing compound exercises. But I'm just curious, will doing chin ups increase my bicep size, or should i return to concentration curls. I know the positive about chin ups is that they will work my lats, but I also want big biceps too, so what should i do?
    I always felt like regular shoulder width chinups involved a lot of biceps, but I'd probably not just leave it at that. Currently I do chins and some incline db curls once a week, and it's enough for me.