jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

how much does the chicken breast really weigh?

Many of the nutrition books I have looked at lists 2-3 oz of chicken as having:

90 calories
    20 grams of protein
    0 grams of carbs
    1 gram of fat.

My question is this: Are these values for the COOKED weight or the RAW weight? Meat loses alot of water and shrinks quite a bit after being cooked...almost depresses me...lol. When should I be weighing the meat??????

Thanks.

Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: how much does the chicken breast really weigh?

Originally posted by JackedRabbit 06
    When should I be weighing the meat?????.
    BEfore you cook it.

jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So if a cooked chicken breast weighed 3 oz, what was its weight when it was raw? At school, I know all the chicken breasts are 3 oz. cooked...but I don't know the starting weight.

hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i dotn thinkk this has anything to do with ur thread but oo well..i have found that there is nothing better than a red meat (steak or w/e) i ahev read in many places that they are supposed to be better than the blah chickin..personally i like red meat more than chicken...i would like to see wat other people think of this..

peace
    mike
    Make your own homeade weight gainer.
    lift heavy.
    do no cardio.
    eat when you are hungry.
    eat when you are bored.
    eat when you are tired.
    eat when you are full.
    eat when you wake up.
    eat before you go to bed.
    eat instead of talking.
    sleep at least 8 hrs a day.
    take a multivitamin.
    BE PATIENT, YOU WONT GET MASSIVE OVER NIGHT.

"Eat big to get big" - Uninspired

xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm pretty sure a 200g piece of cooked chicken is ~60 or so calories

hmm...i still don't have an answer to my question.

i like steak too....BUT

If a cooked breast is 3 oz..what was it when it was raw?

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think the weight changes significantly when you cook it. Chicken doesn't tend to lose that much fat/water in the cooking process, from what i've seen.

Don't worry about it

Edit: on second thoughts....i guess it does lose a lot of water

Man just weigh it before you cook it, and keep these figures in mind

per 100g RAW CHICKEN:
    110kcals
    2.5g fat
    22.5g protein
    Last edited by Bracken; 11-15-2003 at 10:05 PM.
    Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does anyone else tear their chicken breasts down the side where the strip of fat is and cut the outside of the two strips off?

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Douche_Nutz
    Does anyone else tear their chicken breasts down the side where the strip of fat is and cut the outside of the two strips off?
    Yep.

You usually get about 200-300g raw weight per half this way, or less if you are picky and chop off every little bit of chewy stuff
    Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aitaronz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: how much does the chicken breast really weigh?

Originally posted by JackedRabbit 06
    When should I be weighing the meat??????
    Even more importantly, since an object weighs less at a high altitude than it does at sea level... WHERE should we be weighing the meat?

And is a sherpa on the side of Mt Everest getting more chicken for his weight than the bloke on a low-lying Pacific atoll?

It worries me a lot, that one...

However, on a lighter note, I highly recommend "free-flow" chicken breasts... freeze them with each layer of chicken separated by 2 layers of plastic wrap - really easy to take and thaw, as and when you need them.

Here's yesterday's little effort...
    Attached Images

Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by xil
    I'm pretty sure a 200g piece of cooked chicken is ~60 or so calories
    When you guys say cooked, do you mean you boilded it in water(that wouldnt be sane), or is there no other word to say "healthly" fried on a pan with a little oil?

And i think that 200g of chicken breast are about 200-240 calories. I count them as that anyways.

well i usually boil them, or maybe use like, 1/8 of a teaspoon...lol...i try not to add any extra calories that are not in my meal plan. don't get me wrong tho, i do eat my good fats...mostly in the form of 4 tbs of nat PB before bed.

anyways, aitaronz, that's some nasty lookin' chicken you got there..way to show your dedication! i do that when i am at home...but damn, when you're away at school, your options are limited to the caf. (no cooking allowed in dorms...)

i'll just stick to weighing them after they are cooked for now, as there is no way to get raw chicken at school...haha.

2-3 oz. cooked is prob 100 cals, 20-30 grams of protein....oh well.

There is no finish line. Jimmy_magix's Avatar
    Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no, dont boil a chicken breast, thats stupid, try doing it on a forman, or just a normal grill. try that!