Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Full body workout good for bulking?

Hi, When I'm bulking for 2-3 months, I use the full body workout method. I decided to keep a simple full body workout because I think it has the best effects for me, plus it gives me a lot of recovery time. This is my program:

Squat 2x20
    Deadlift 1x10
    Bench Press 2x6
    Lat Pulldown 2x8
    Shoulder Press 1x6
    Calf Raises 1x15
    Arm Curl 1x6

Note: These are just my WORK sets, I have 1-2 Warmup sets for each exercise.

I try to keep my workout highly intense and I put on a lot of weight. I just wanted to ask is this a good way to gain mass during a bulking phase?

Since I am working out my whole body and I have around a 3-4 day rest before I do this same routine again. And I change it from time to time. But is this a good program for bulking? And am I giving my self enough recovery time?

P.S.: Right now I'm 172, 3 weeks ago I was 165. A gain of 7 pounds in 3 weeks with this type of program.

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)

re

Yea definitely, i think compound exercises like that is perfect for bulking.

Looks Like Chris Benoit musclemidget's Avatar
    musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: re

Originally posted by weltweitefurcht
    Yea definitely, i think compound exercises like that is perfect for bulking.
    agreed. the above program isnt any good IMO. 20 rep sets of squats, while BULKING??? that doesnt add up. id say cut down on your reps and raise the weights. thats how you bulk.

Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smeagol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

yes it is good, I have been on a split like that and gained 7lbs in three weeks aswell!!! which was 7/10th of an inch on my arms !

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Re: re

Originally posted by musclemidget
    agreed. the above program isnt any good IMO. 20 rep sets of squats, while BULKING??? that doesnt add up. id say cut down on your reps and raise the weights. thats how you bulk.

I agree with Musclemidget, i think you will find better gains with lower reps and higher weights.

Type II muscle fibers and Type I

Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i heard it's better to go high reps and lots of weight and low sets on squats and dl.

HyperionGauss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Replace lat pull down with bent over rows, and you need the two great body weight excercises, dips and pullups. i dont think you need arm curls, as you want to stick with the compound lifts.

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Jatt
    i heard it's better to go high reps and lots of weight and low sets on squats and dl.
    The logic behind that is that your legs have a higher percentage of slow twitch fibers compared to the rest of your body. Unfortunately, training specifically for your slow twitch fibers would be neither feasible (you'd have to do much more than 20 reps) nor worth your time (slow twitch fibers only hypertrophy so much compared to fast twitch). It would be better to have a more standard rep range. Ditto for your calves.

I would recommend that you not go to failure, as many find that they overtrain very quickly going to failure on a high frequency split. On the other hand you're only working out twice per week, so it might not be a big deal. But if you find that you are overtraining very quickly I'd recommend not going to failure anymore. To learn more about high frequency splits read up on HST and DFHT.

Also, I disagree with the poster who said you shouldn't do curls. I found that compound movements along weren't nearly enough to have my arms maintain their size, much less grow. I'd add some tricep work too, unless you find that they are hit hard from your chest and shoulder presses. I'd also recommend adding in side lateral raises or another side delt exercise, as they don't really get hit from other exercises.
    Last edited by EAE; 11-14-2003 at 08:49 PM.

re

i definitely would do curls.

after my back workout, yes i have worked my bi's out, but not enough for optimal growth...so then i do curls to really isolate them and get them to failure...

and no, i dont overtrain them

Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would just add close grip bench press or skullcrushers.
    If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, maybe they can do something with you.

musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Shatter
    I would just add close grip bench press or skullcrushers.
    true. i didnt even notice that there werent any tricep exercises in there. id say weighted dips instead of skullcrushers though.

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would definitely add more exercises, if only to do on the second day. stick to compounds but IMHO isolation lifts shouldnt be neglected. for example, after back i need to do bicep curls to really hit them hard enuff.

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: re

Originally posted by musclemidget
    agreed and-

-bulk or cut, the workout should not change.

sconroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm
    Attached Images

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: Re: re

Originally posted by BIGnaturalBROCK
    very true, but sometimes i have to lower volume during cutting to prevent overtraning due to caloric defecit.

Re: Re: Re: re

Originally posted by BIGnaturalBROCK
    agreed and-

i agree except in that when cutting, i have found it more beneficial to have less rest b/w sets.

ddrockhard1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No

Originally Posted by musclemidget View Post
    true. i didnt even notice that there werent any tricep exercises in there. id say weighted dips instead of skullcrushers though.
    I would say dips if you want to ruin your shoulders (its proven over and over) and skulls if you want to ruin your elbows BUT I would say close grip bench with good focus and setup and just because I do not have alot of posts doesn't mean I don't know squat!

Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you realize you bumped a thread from 7 years ago
    You don't need a reason to help people.
    RIP Zyzz & Greg Plitt, my two biggest inspirations.

IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronAmbitions has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    [QUOTE=Josh81;600865233]you realize you bumped a thread from 7 years ago[/QUOTE
    hahahaha

LiverAbuser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LiverAbuser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LiverAbuser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LiverAbuser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LiverAbuser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LiverAbuser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LiverAbuser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
    Hi, When I'm bulking for 2-3 months, I use the full body workout method. I decided to keep a simple full body workout because I think it has the best effects for me, plus it gives me a lot of recovery time. This is my program:

Squat 2x20
    Deadlift 1x10
    Bench Press 2x6
    Lat Pulldown 2x8
    Shoulder Press 1x6
    Calf Raises 1x15
    Arm Curl 1x6

Note: These are just my WORK sets, I have 1-2 Warmup sets for each exercise.

I try to keep my workout highly intense and I put on a lot of weight. I just wanted to ask is this a good way to gain mass during a bulking phase?

Since I am working out my whole body and I have around a 3-4 day rest before I do this same routine again. And I change it from time to time. But is this a good program for bulking? And am I giving my self enough recovery time?

P.S.: Right now I'm 172, 3 weeks ago I was 165. A gain of 7 pounds in 3 weeks with this type of program.

Wait? You only workout twice a week?

Der3k7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u cant have high reps and lots of weight. Its the same as saying the sun is out and its not at the same time. They are mutually exclusive, if you can do 15+ reps then it not a lot of weight for you. A lot of weight is 1-5 or 6 reps.

majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol looks like you just chucked some random rep-ranges in there
    Goal from when i start training - Jan 2011 onwards¬

16 YO - 6'1- 200lbs - 13% BF.

I gots 2 years.

Check out my log please :)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130469983