Pblogic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Using Fruit as main carb source

Hi, I am doing body for life, and I don't really care for most carbs like bread, etc.

Is there anything wrong with using fruit as a primary source of carbs ? I also use a little oatmeal, but I hate wheat breads and rice etc

anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Using Fruit as main carb source

Originally posted by Pblogic
    Hi, I am doing body for life, and I don't really care for most carbs like bread, etc.

Is there anything wrong with using fruit as a primary source of carbs ? I also use a little oatmeal, but I hate wheat breads and rice etc
    Fruits are mainly used for their vitamins, minerals and fibers content.
    Indeed it contains carbs but most of these carbs are fructose, a simple sugar. It's not a good idea to make fruits the essential source of carbs through the day.
    Your carbs intake should mainly be made up of complex carbs like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, yams, brown rice, rye and whole wheat bread, pastas, beans...

Then, Fruits and veggies supplement your diet with vitamins, minerals, fibers, enzymes...

Your diet have to be varied. It should include alot of different foods through the day, the week and so on.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    along the lines of what antony said, you just wouldn't be getting an optimal spectrum of nutrients if you cut the other carb sources out. even a lot of the refined starches like bread, cereal, & pasta are fortified with essential micronutrients that you may be missing out on.

gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    besides nutrients , what would happen if you ate only friuits for carb sources..I did this once and lost weight.anyone know why???

user467891513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user467891513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't eat fruits. They contain alot of sugar in them. If you wanna lose weight eat veggies as they contain little/no sugar, little/no carbs and are very high in fibre with will fill you up and make you feel fuller longer.

The only fruit I would eat is apples.

Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by gallerygurl
    besides nutrients , what would happen if you ate only friuits for carb sources..I did this once and lost weight.anyone know why???
    Of course. You were eating less than you were taking in. Simple thermodynamics.

Fruit isn't actually that concentrated a source of fructose, first of all. However, a diet with obscene amounts of fruit would indeed probably result in excessive fructose. Though this might blunt lipolysis, it would not have a terribly significant effect; it would mainly over-stimulate the fed state, which could have negative effects while hypercaloric, but shouldn't be that notable while hypocaloric. People tend to demonize fruit and fructose, when, in fact, a little fructose on a diet will be helpful (stimulate fed state). Too much fructose, or too concentrated a form (High-Fructose Corn Syrup) will indeed, however, be detrimental.

Still, there are probably a fair number of reasons not to eat just fruit -- it's probably not as filling as starches, etc.

As for micronutrients -- I hear nutritionists whine about this constantly. Almost everything you need can be supplemented, so I just don't see it as an argument. Getting vitamins + micronutrients from diet alone isn't really realstici anyway.

Also, the need for a large variety of foods is greatly overrated. Only do it if you need to for psychological reasons, or if you simply want to.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by Zachary
    As for micronutrients -- I hear nutritionists whine about this constantly. Almost everything you need can be supplemented

Also, the need for a large variety of foods is greatly overrated.
    the first statement simply isn't true. i work in close contact with the think tanks at one of the "Big Five" pharmaceutical giants - phoenix labs, and they'd agree with me 100%..

and another thing... ^^overrated according to whom?

yes you're entitled to your opinion, but i'm also entitled to challenge stuff i see as uninformed.

holla back youngin

Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by alan aragon
    the first statement simply isn't true. i work in close contact with the think tanks at one of the "Big Five" pharmaceutical giants - phoenix labs, and they'd agree with me 100%..

and another thing... ^^overrated according to whom?

yes you're entitled to your opinion, but i'm also entitled to challenge stuff i see as uninformed.

holla back youngin
    Bah. Yes, phytochemicals, zoochemicals, etc. cannot be supplemented, but eating a BBing diet or anything resembling a healthy one will probably get acceptable amounts.

I wouldn't even think about vitamins/minerals, however, as those can most certainly be supplemented effectively, with few exceptions (dairy calcium, etc.).

Overrated...see the variety thread.

Originally posted by Zachary
    see the variety thread.
    yeah i like that one too

PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about some multigrain bread and tuna with a litlle mayonase for taste. The mayo wont hurt you , neither will the bread. Dont worry about it too much, get some advise on your training, make sure your doing it right, get some advise on your diet and stick to it. Do cardio 3-5 days a week for for 20 - 40 min and get someone to access what your doing to make sure it all fits together well. The results the winners made are not the average results so dont be discouraged, bodybuild takes a long long time if your doing it drug free so just do what it takes to achieve great results and you will. Live and learn, and in 3- 6 months time you will have an impresive body.

Good luck.
    To not plan, is to plan to fail.