FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FADI23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

does anyone know the gi amount of carbs?which low carb diet is best?

does anyone know the glycemic index of carbs or know a link i can go to I am so insulin resistant. and does anyone know which low carb diet is best for weight lifters tkd skd ckd atkins???
    for losing fat and minimizing muscle loss and is keto the way to go permanantely??

rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000) rottie is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: does anyone know the gi amount of carbs?which low carb diet is best?

Originally posted by FADI23
    does anyone know the glycemic index of carbs or know a link i can go to I am so insulin resistant. and does anyone know which low carb diet is best for weight lifters tkd skd ckd atkins???
    for losing fat and minimizing muscle loss and is keto the way to go permanantely??
    boy.. its really hard to pin down, as each person is different.

Lean meats of course. lean pork, beef, chicken, lamb.

If you are insulin resistant, i think slowly weaning yourself from high GI carbs is a good place to start. get it down to zero over a period of time. Stick with green, viberous veggies.

stuff like

Spinach
    lettuce
    radish
    brocolli
    cauliflower
    green beans
    yellow beans
    celery
    bok choy
    cabbage

throw some nuts in the mix as well. Almonds are a favorite of mine.

cut down and stop eating
    all bread, and bread based products
    pasta
    potatoes
    chips of any kind
    anything with any sugar in it
    and for now, stay away from fruit.

once you get that under control, look at how its going, how your losing, then you can start reintroducing some stuff in.

As for the fruit, there are some that would be ok, but you'll learn which ones.

eventually, you can get up to a 40/40/20 diet, and maintain with it.

Figure out total calories needed daily, and for dont go over it.
    Signature donated to the memory of Raprazant.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No keto diet is good for hard training bodybuilders. You just can't train hard on a no/low carb diet.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Does this look infected? italian stallio's Avatar
    italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by naturalguy
    No keto diet is good for hard training bodybuilders. You just can't train hard on a no/low carb diet.
    Totally agree! Carbs are not the devil. Why people cut them out of their diet completely baffles me. Eat your carbs.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    how do you know you're insulin resistant? have you done a diagnostic test called the euglycemic insulin clamp? it could be a big mistake on your part to merely assume you're insulin resistant.

as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: does anyone know the gi amount of carbs?which low carb diet is best?

Originally posted by rottie
    boy.. its really hard to pin down, as each person is different.

Lean meats of course. lean pork, beef, chicken, lamb.

If you are insulin resistant, i think slowly weaning yourself from high GI carbs is a good place to start. get it down to zero over a period of time. Stick with green, viberous veggies.

stuff like

Spinach
    lettuce
    radish
    brocolli
    cauliflower
    green beans
    yellow beans
    celery
    bok choy
    cabbage

throw some nuts in the mix as well. Almonds are a favorite of mine.

cut down and stop eating
    all bread, and bread based products
    pasta
    potatoes
    chips of any kind
    anything with any sugar in it
    and for now, stay away from fruit.

once you get that under control, look at how its going, how your losing, then you can start reintroducing some stuff in.

As for the fruit, there are some that would be ok, but you'll learn which ones.

eventually, you can get up to a 40/40/20 diet, and maintain with it.

Figure out total calories needed daily, and for dont go over it.
    great post! folow this advice, step by step

Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by italian stallio
    Totally agree! Carbs are not the devil. Why people cut them out of their diet completely baffles me. Eat your carbs.
    Sheesh. I swear, these boards are getting ridiculous. One day it's 'carbs = fat', the next it's 'eat carbs!'.

Well, ultimately, caloric balance is what matters. However, low carbs are useful for a huge number of reasons; you can cycle carbs/calories; there's some evidence to suggest carbs blunt lipolysis; carbs, especially in insulin sensitive people, frankly suck at curbing hunger; etc.

I know I like low-carb diets for two reasons:

1. When I eat carbs, I generally end up more hungry than I was when I started. Sucks but it's true.

2. I either do extremely low carb/calories + refeeds or carb cycling. Both rely on the ability to go extremely low in calories. I can't drop protein and dropping fat would be almost as dumb (and it's already low for me), so -- I drop carbs.

There are lots and lots of good reasons for carb manipulation. In fact, there may be reason to believe that it's especially important for endomorphs, but it's hard to say.

Don't bash low-carb diets just because you do well on high-carbs. There's far too much evidence (empirical or not) that low-carbs are helpful in a variety of manners to just dismiss them.