Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    UnknownWarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

**Clean Bulk Vs. Dirty Bulk**

well i was wondering was the difference...like the pros and cons for both...like would you get the same results from the clean bulk if you were on a dirty bulk...

i know clean bulk wins all but what about dirty bulking? can't i still get the desired results with a dirty bulk...or what if you bulked half clean and half dirty...iono something like that...

skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000)
    you will sorely regret a dirty bulk. i know i did.

alot harder to undo, than to do.

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why can't it be a mix of both? Eat "clean" most of the time, and have some "dirty" foods here and there.

That way you won't feel deprived.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dity bulks are just an exscuse to get fat. The average natural male can only add 24 lbs of lean muscle a year, add in glycogen with that muscle and it comes out to about 3 lbs a month. That is if nutrition, diet, sleep is perfect. Why would you want to add more weight than that? Why get fat? You have to cut longer, cutting sucks, and because of the extended cut you are more likely to lose muscle. Plus in the time spent cutting on a dirty bulk, you could be bulking again on a clean bulk.
    Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

Official Toad Kicker garbage cutters's Avatar
    garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the only advantage to a dirty bulk is that it is easier, except for the extreme eco maybe

most people that choose to dirty bulk underestimate the amount of fat they will put on, i gurantee you if people saw a picture of how they would look if they bulked clean vs bulking dirty, nearly all of them would bulk clean..how many threads do you see of people who dirty bulk and then post about "wow i really need to cut" or any suprising comment about how much fat they put on

whats better than the feeling of getting to eat all the foods you love in mass quantities with a false justification of it contributing more to your gains?
    Last edited by garbage cutters; 03-18-2007 at 07:03 PM.
    Many things are challenging...nothing is impossible

IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Somebody Please Post Tthat T-nation Link For The Op... . I Dont Have It..
    Z
    freed from desire. mind and senses purified.

ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by IrockZ View Post
    Somebody Please Post Tthat T-nation Link For The Op... . I Dont Have It..
    Z
    http://www.t-nation.com/portal_inclu...-training.html
    LIFT HARD, LIFT SMART, LEAVE EDUCATED!!!

My supplement review thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2109421

My instinct was to win, eliminate anyone who is in my competition, destroy my enemy, and move on without any kind of hesitation at all.

-Arnold Schwarzeneggar

"When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"
    - Arnold Schwarzeneggar

thanks for the tips guys...

what would you guys consider a food unhealthy? like the fat contents? incredients? sugar? etc...

well at times i would eat dirty then eat clean...its basically on and off...like ill be eating all healthy and stuff but at the same time i would eat a pizza or so because it tastes much better...its hard to resist especially when its in your face and your hungry...

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Clean bulk.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
    what would you guys consider a food unhealthy? like the fat contents? incredients? sugar? etc...
    Simple sugars, trans fats (be careful with these. Many food are labelled trans fat free but actually have hydrogenated vegetable oils inside them ie. non-natural peanut butter).

metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if your clean bulking, don't eat overly processed foods

^overly processed food?

Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ripped_carnt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so how much weight should you look to put on per week in a "clean bulk"

In other words, is it basically 3lb divided by 4 = 3/4 of a pound a week?

Anything more than this means you are putting on fat right?
    mercury build up from excessive tuna will kill your libido
    http://www.ph.ucla.edu/ehs/student%20hazards/mercury.pdf

MakinItBIG's Role Model bAby norAA's Avatar
    bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000) bAby norAA is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ripped_carnt View Post
    so how much weight should you look to put on per week in a "clean bulk"

In other words, is it basically 3lb divided by 4 = 3/4 of a pound a week?

Anything more than this means you are putting on fat right?
    u didnt read the article posted above did you?
    "Nature designed my body,
    but nature lacks intelligence,
    I do not.
    and I will build a better body than nature ever could."
    -sikboy

"Just be satisfied that you'll never be satisfied" - TheJuicedchase

"basically, your friend is gonna get some erections, bloat with water, then shed the water, have painful joints and painful pumps then die" - amerigovespucci

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Clean bulking = following a set macro plan

Dirty Bulking = eating whatever you want, not calculating.

Contrary to popular belief, a diet of mcDs and fries that fits into a sensible macro plan is a clean bulk while uncontrolled amounts of brown rice and chicken is a dirty bulk.

Set a macro plan and follow it
    Miscer

Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by The Brotherhood View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, a diet of mcDs and fries that fits into a sensible macro plan is a clean bulk while uncontrolled amounts of brown rice and chicken is a dirty bulk.
    A little tough to fit the mcD's + fries into a "clean" diet, since they do contain trans fatty acids from partially hydrogenated oils. I get what you're saying though

Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^overly processed food?
    If it comes in a box, or shrink wrap don't eat it (exception oat meal). This is bordering on a discussion about the food we eat. I think as a society we have become too focused on adding nutrients to food and processing food. For example we see vitamin fortified this or high protein that. Try to buy food as local as possible and stay away from things that come processed. Ever wonder how that Banana from Brazil stays fresh for so long? Or what exactly is in fruit loops? I think we would be better off buying fresh fruit and veggies locally from farmers markets. I strongly support hunting and fishing. I believe venison is a lot better for you than beef. (it's also leaner and better for bodybuilding)

Was your body really designed to eat Twinkies?
    /rant
    Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

granola bars, oatmeal bars, etc...are those healthy and to eat?

i just bulk on water boild hamburgers[at school], peanuts,eggs, oatmeal, peanut butter...and i also use muscle milk and 100% whey...and i make shakes and just put anything healthy that i have at my house and create 1000+ calories shakes...

you guys know what else are some good bulking foods? i know chicken for a fact but it gets really expensive...kfc is suppse to be bad right?...

thanks again

granola bars, oatmeal bars, etc...are those healthy and to eat?

i just bulk on water boild hamburgers[at school], peanuts,eggs, oatmeal, peanut butter...and i also use muscle milk and 100% whey...and i make shakes and just put anything healthy that i have at my house and create 1000+ calories shakes...

you guys know what else are some good bulking foods? i know chicken for a fact but it gets really expensive...kfc is suppse to be bad right?...

thanks again
    Chicken can be good or bad for you. Grilled = good. Fried=bad. Black beans are a good bulking source as are tuna and brown rice... you got most of them. As for the burgers I would say it depends on how much fat they have in them (are they lean or extra lean?)

Don't forget fruits/vegetables.

-Thomas Edison

eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Josher13 View Post
    If it comes in a box, or shrink wrap don't eat it (exception oat meal). This is bordering on a discussion about the food we eat. I think as a society we have become too focused on adding nutrients to food and processing food. For example we see vitamin fortified this or high protein that. Try to buy food as local as possible and stay away from things that come processed. Ever wonder how that Banana from Brazil stays fresh for so long? Or what exactly is in fruit loops? I think we would be better off buying fresh fruit and veggies locally from farmers markets. I strongly support hunting and fishing. I believe venison is a lot better for you than beef. (it's also leaner and better for bodybuilding)

Was your body really designed to eat Twinkies?
    /rant
    Hmm... I buy the bag of individually shrinkwrapped Mahi Mahi from Costco quite often, and their bulk bags of chicken.
    /
    -----> If something I said amused, informed, or entertained you, click that white scale-ish icon doohickey on the left. Reps are appreciated, and I rep back! <-----

owe reps to: <your name here>

NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Clean bulk all the way, unless your metabolism is very, very fast. More rewarding (you will look better and be much healthier).

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to say it really depends on the individual to make that choice. It depends on their body chemistry.

Me personally, I dirty bulk. I never get over 10% in bodyfat, no matter what I eat. I just eat foods dense in protein and carbs. Pizzas, big burgers etc. If I ate clean, I would never be able to eat enough to grow. I don't drink soda, I don't eat desserts. So there is a balance definitely

How easy is it for me to eat a burger and pound away 50-60g of protein in that one little meal.

I eat fewer but BIGGER meals throughout the day to slow my metabolism down. Why must I eat 6-8 meals a day to speed up an already raging fast metabolism.

I am not dellusional, my physique isn't mediocre because of my style of eating, then again it's not great because of my style of eating either. I'm very vascular, with lots of striations, and that is genetics.

Point is: Everyone is different. Find what works for you. Learn from all angles, then try and see which one applies. Don't follow one because 'text said so'

Official Toad Kicker garbage cutters's Avatar
    garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50) garbage cutters will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    everybody is focusing simply on the cosmetic differences of a clean bulk vs a dirty bulk..but HELLO what about your health???
    Nap_s_King got this..but nobody else even thinks about it usually
    i would bet every penny i have that a clean bulk will keep your body functioning better and reduce risks of heart disease, various cancers, and any other negatives that come from the processed crap in junk food...there are plenty of nutrient dense/calorie dense foods out there for people to pack in the calories if they have a very fast metabolism so i do not see the point at all even if you have a crazy fast metabolism, there are nutrtitous foods out there for everyone

i see no point in having a 6-pack and well defined body if my arteries are clogged up and i have double the risk of colon cancer
    Last edited by garbage cutters; 03-19-2007 at 01:45 PM.
    Many things are challenging...nothing is impossible

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    clean bulk for the most part but don't be afraid to spoil yourself once in a while
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts

oh yeah on a dirty bulk do you lose overall performance? like do you lose muscle ,strength, etc?

jhender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    again, read the link provided above. it is quite comprehensive.

bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluedo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to clean bulk for a long time, and found out that when i cut my gains were minimal. I always dirty bulk now because I gain muscle so much faster than on a stricter regimin. When i am on a dirty I eat everything all the time but gain much more fat than I otherwise would have. For me there is no comparison between the two. In my opinion you are dirty bulking, maintaining or cutting.

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Angry

Energy
    Dirty bulk in terms of getting protein/carbs/fat as energy is equal to clean bulk.
    Nutrition
    The disadvantage would be nutrition wise, after duration on dirty bulk, your body will be sluggish because of the food your consuming on dirty bulk that doesn't provide the vitamins you need.
    - Because of lack of nutrition value from dirty bulk, many will stray away from moderate eating to surplus or deficit.
    - Dirty bulking is much more difficult to calculate

For clean bulking, I read through few post where average fit bodybuilder will eat ice cream, pizza, and candy as long it fits in their macronutrition, usually rest days and others regularly on/off days (my goal one day) M &M yum@!

Many noobie perfer so called "clean bulking", because its much easier to count their macro
    Last edited by Vietgoboi; 03-05-2009 at 11:12 AM.

E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) E.N.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do both.

I eat whatever I feel like eating (Except obvious junk snacks, ie. Chocolate) ...so my diet is pretty 'clean' I suppose, but not strict. I still eat Subway, Pizza's and Burger King every week.

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Find a happy medium. You're bulking, so why pass up a burger or pizza with your friends? That's not to say eat fast food every single meal; but give yourself some leniency, so you don't get burnt out. Not everything has to be black & white.

Originally Posted by E.N.D. View Post
    I do both.

I eat whatever I feel like eating (Except obvious junk snacks, ie. Chocolate) ...so my diet is pretty 'clean' I suppose, but not strict. I still eat Subway, Pizza's and Burger King every week.
    ^^ This guy has the right idea.