shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can you train for strength and lose fat at the same time?

Heres is what I want to do: I want to keep my rep ranges low like in the 5-7 range, and do mostly compound movements, with some auxillary lifts. On off days I would like to do cardio, such as sprinting, or plyometrics. Something with high intensity that may help me get faster. Is this a good idea. Can I get stronger, but take off some fat at the same time?

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    it is very hard to do unless you are a beginner...

better to decide whether or not you want to cut or bulk...

shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im n ot saying bulking or putting on mass, just plain getting stronger, as in increasing the poundages weekly, however maybe losing some fat along the way. I guess, not looking to get bigger, but stronger

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    its hard... but i suppose it could be done..but you need the calories to get the energy to rebuild and to get stronger....

xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can absolutely do,low reps equals muscle grow(with good nutrition),more muscles will lead to inrease metabolism in which help you to lose fat if you follow a nice diet
    always go heavy no matter what

best to follow a pure power lifting routine...cheskc the sticky's in the powerlifting section...

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes it can be done...with the right diet.

for the last 8 weeks i've been losing body fat while gaining strength.

my weight has stayed the same.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try 5x5 routine.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Can you train for strength and lose fat at the same time?

Originally posted by shadyniner
    Heres is what I want to do: I want to keep my rep ranges low like in the 5-7 range, and do mostly compound movements, with some auxillary lifts. On off days I would like to do cardio, such as sprinting, or plyometrics. Something with high intensity that may help me get faster. Is this a good idea. Can I get stronger, but take off some fat at the same time?
    It`s possible but i`ve done it , i basically had a bulking cycle that went out of control and i went from 135 lbs to 235 lbs in 2-3 years but i was fat ( like 27 % bf ) i cut to 180 lbs 9 % bf and gained lots of strenght in like 6-8 months , you just have to eat smart :

-Dont cut calories too fast

-eat frequent high protein meals and snacks

-lift as hweavy as possible most of the time

-have a high carb day if you are tired and unmotivated

-train with low volume ( max ot style is great for that )
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Can you train for strength and lose fat at the same time?

Originally posted by A-rod
    It`s possible but i`ve done it , i basically had a bulking cycle that went out of control and i went from 135 lbs to 235 lbs in 2-3 years but i was fat ( like 27 % bf ) i cut to 180 lbs 9 % bf and gained lots of strenght in like 6-8 months , you just have to eat smart :

-Dont cut calories too fast

-eat frequent high protein meals and snacks

-lift as hweavy as possible most of the time

-have a high carb day if you are tired and unmotivated

-train with low volume ( max ot style is great for that )
    bump
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

thanks for the replies, I'll keep ya posted if I make any progress

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, the owner of my gym is a former bodybuilder turned powerlifter. He eats low carb and has a couple carb up meals a week, I dont know how exactly it works, but I just know it does. He is ripped, he either stays at a constant weight or drops a few lbs. here and there all while still progressing with his strenght. He weighs aroun 175lbs, hes benching in the mid to high 400's.

So is it better to eat low carb like that, sort of like an atkins thing, except carb up a couple days if I need it? Can anyone point me to a good diet while doing this? I was going to try max-OT, I have been reading up on it and it looks pretty straightforward. If anyone has any advise or tips for me it would be appreciated? Thanks again, I have learned a lot since starting to browse the forums

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah low carb can get you there.

do some reading in the nutrition section.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So is it better to eat low carb like that, sort of like an atkins thing, except carb up a couple days if I need it? Can anyone point me to a good diet while doing this? I was going to try max-OT, I have been reading up on it and it looks pretty straightforward. If anyone has any advise or tips for me it would be appreciated? Thanks again, I have learned a lot since starting to browse the forums
    Max OT is a good blend of strength and muscle gains, but if you are lookking for just straight power, get on a powerlifting routine, much more effecient for gaining strength.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

DONT DROP CALORIES TOO FAST
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This goal is entirely possible, you can get stronger while in a caloric deficit, building mass does not mean building strength. They key is low volume and tapping into all the tension your body can muster. Check out www.dragondoor.com plenty of guys there who are intersted in having massive strength in a small package.

PM me if you want some routines.