nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

whey question - not post workout

i've heard that whey is best kept to post workout due to it's fast absorbtion.

i like to have 2 shakes a day (out of 6 meals) where one is post workout. i think it's ok b/c i add whipping cream (no carbs, just fat) to the shake to slow absorption and balance out my numbers.

is that something i need to stop doing when i start my ckd?

also, should i continue to add the whipping cream to my post workout shake or stop b/c then you don't want to slow absorption?

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: whey question - not post workout

Originally posted by nikegurl
    i've heard that whey is best kept to post workout due to it's fast absorbtion.

i like to have 2 shakes a day (out of 6 meals) where one is post workout. i think it's ok b/c i add whipping cream (no carbs, just fat) to the shake to slow absorption and balance out my numbers.

is that something i need to stop doing when i start my ckd?

also, should i continue to add the whipping cream to my post workout shake or stop b/c then you don't want to slow absorption?
    I would advise to keep whey shakes to only post workout.
    You want to have NO fat in your post workout shake, you do not want to slow absorption whatsoever.

Dilly
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikegurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks. i'll follow your advice!

is there a good protein blend that i could use as one meal (if i add flax or whipping cream)? i'll leave the whey for post workout only.

thanks. i'll follow your advice!

is there a good protein blend that i could use as one meal (if i add flax or whipping cream)? i'll leave the whey for post workout only.
    I would always recommend real food other then post workout. I would go with pretty much any blended protein. I don't really think it matters, just pick from a reputable company.

Dilly
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump Dilly, if you really have to use a shake use a blend, I think Chi recommends the optimum complete protein or something like that

i'll go with food and save the shake for post workout only.

(i was just being lazy!)

i'll go with food and save the shake for post workout only.

(i was just being lazy!)
    Good choice!

does it pose a problem if my post workout shake/meal is also my last meal of the day?

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd try and squeeze another meal in there if you can

does it pose a problem if my post workout shake/meal is also my last meal of the day?
    I would try and get some protein and fats in before bed. The post workout shake will be absorbed immediatley where as fats along with protein from food will be digested much slower and will provide benefit durning your nightime fasting state.

Dilly

i thought that might be the case. i get done with the gym around 8:30 pm. i'll have the shake right away.

can i have a very small meal after that - maybe some full fat cottage cheese? i believe the protein in cottage cheese is a good one for bedtime. would 2 - 2 1/2 hours after the shake be long enough to wait?

An hour after the shake will do.

Originally posted by chimponarope
    An hour after the shake will do.
    Bump!