the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Jeremy Likness - Heart Matters: Are You Training Your Heart?

Instead of relying on cookie-cutter formulas, you can use your heart as an interactive gauge to tailor your workouts to your own unique body. Learn that the heart matters and use the powerful information it provides to build your peak physique.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/likness19.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

Unregistered
    My resting heart rate is around 80, which seems to throw the formula off for the "target" heart rate. Not sure how this would work even for a person with a resting heart rate of 70, which would be average for a male?? Anyway you slice the numbers, it seems to be off.

lucubration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is the best part

When you are training, don't forget the most important muscle: your heart. Not only is it an indicator of health, it is a tool that can help to improve your health. Instead of relying on cookie-cutter formulas, you can use your heart as an interactive gauge to tailor your workouts to your own unique body. Learn that the heart matters and use the powerful information it provides to build your peak physique.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great article! I've been considering getting a heart rate monitor & really enjoyed reading this article.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Unregistered

Resting Heart Rate

I just got back from having an EKG, for a pre-op appointment. The tech doing the EKG was surprised that my Resting Rate was 52.

The anesthesiologist came back in and after discussing my activity with her; she stated that I have trained my heart to rest at a lower rate...

I have a personal trainer 3 days a week, intense workout for approximately 1.5 hours on those days. I walk 4-6 miles 2 nights a week. I also have been running in 5K races...

What do you think?

Thanks, Cindy

c i m p y @ a o l . c o m

maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maelstrom143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great article. This is pretty much how I have been training, due to enjoying how it feels when I listen to my body versus when I try to follow rigid guidelines. Thanks for a well-written, enjoyable article.
    ~Maelstrom143
    Wake up and dream!

pullins122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullins122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullins122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullins122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullins122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullins122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My resting heart rate is around 80, which seems to throw the formula off for the "target" heart rate. Not sure how this would work even for a person with a resting heart rate of 70, which would be average for a male?? Anyway you slice the numbers, it seems to be off.
    Mine is crazy high like 120 lol

bb4life12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by maelstrom143 View Post
    Great article. This is pretty much how I have been training, due to enjoying how it feels when I listen to my body versus when I try to follow rigid guidelines. Thanks for a well-written, enjoyable article.
    Listen to your body what do you mean?