wassnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wassnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wassnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wassnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wassnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wassnew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

how important is water

i am on a cutting diet right now and i'm just wondering how much water i should be drinking a day cause i don't know how important water is during cutting. Can someone tell me how water helps is growing muscle.

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water can actually reduce fat deposits. Here's why: The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When they don't work to capacity , some of the load is dumped on the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into energy for the body. But, if the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body, and weight loss stops.
    Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water, it preceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold every drop. Water is stored in extracellular spaces(outside cells). This shows up as swollen feet and hands. Diuretics offer a temporary solution at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again the body preceives a threat and will replace lost water at the first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns. The best way to overcome the problem of water is to give your body what it needs-plenty of water. Only then will the stored water be released. The overweight person needs more water than the thin individual. Larger people have larger metabolic loads. Since we know that the water is the key to fat metabolism, it follows that the overweight person needs more water.
    Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration. It also helps prevent sagging skin that usally follows weight loss- shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear,healthy and resilient. Water helps rid the body of wastes. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of-all metabolizes fat must be shed. Water also helps the colon keep normal bowel functions.
    How much water is enough? On average, a person must drink 8 eight-ounce glasses every day. However, an overweight person needs one additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight. The amount you drink should also be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry.
    source: Donald S. Robertson, MD, M Sc.

The Importance of Water:
    It's almost impossible to drink too much water if you are an athlete. In fact, most people simply don't consume enough water.
    Water is of vital importance to the human body. There have been stories of individuals who have gone weeks without food, but
    without water you will only last a few days.
    For your body to function optimally, the cells of your body must be fully hydrated.
    Water also helps in the loss of fat. do not cut back on your water consumption.
    Here's why:
    1.Restricting your water intake causes your body to retain fluid. The less water you drink the more your body feels deprived
    and the more water it stores.
    2.Restricting your water intake promotes fat retention. Since your body uses water as the major component of blood to
    transport nutrients and wastes, a lack of it can cause your body to perceive it as a major stress. To adapt your body will
    preserve fat.
    3.Restricting your water intake makes you constipated. When deprived of water, your system pulls it from the lower intestines
    and bowels, thus creating hard stools.
    How much water should you drink each day? Activity and environmental conditions are the two most important factors that
    determine your body's need for water. During study, rest, and sleep, the loss of water is much less from the body than during
    strenuous activities, such as training. When the temperature is hot and the humidity is low, more water evaporates from your
    body's surface.
    In sedentary individuals, thirst is an adequate signal of the needs of the body. But with serious athletes, and all people using high
    intensity training, the desire for water is not an adequate indication of the body's requirements.
    A good general recommendation for serious athletes is to consume at least one gallon (128 ounces) of water a day. During hot
    weather, this recommendation may need to be doubled, or even tripled.
    Here are some tips that will help you in consuming more water:
    Carry an insulated container, the quart size with a plastic straw, with you for sipping water throughout the day.
    Keep the water ice cold.
    Do not substitute coffee, tea, or caffeine-containing soft drinks for water. Fluids containing caffeine tend to dehydrate the
    body.
    Drink 75% of your water between 7AM and 5PM. That way you won't have to get up after you've gone to bed to go to the
    bathroom.
    Understand that it takes several weeks for your kidneys to become less sensitive to an increase in your water intake. At first
    you'll be going to the washroom 20 or more times a day. Within two weeks, your bladder will become less sensitive and you'll
    be voiding less often but with greater volume.

Personally I drink about a gallon a day.

zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zealforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by wassnew View Post
    i am on a cutting diet right now and i'm just wondering how much water i should be drinking a day cause i don't know how important water is during cutting. Can someone tell me how water helps is growing muscle.
    Water is the forgotten nutrient.It is crucial to every function in the body; temperature regulation,circulation,metabolisem,immune system,and waste elimination.

You should try to drink one half your ideal body weight in ounces of water daily.

Example: If your ideal weight were 150 lbs,you would drink 75 fluid ounces of water daily.

My recommended daily intake of water is___________ounces ??? (one half of your ideal body weight).