Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How much protein per meal

I hear some people saying your body can only use up around 30-40g of protein per 2-3 hours and the rest is wasted. Is this true because I've also been hearing it's a lot more from some people.
    {NO EYEBROW KREW}

Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shea88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont think anyone knows for sure, however it is usually said that 30-50 grams per sitting is good. I think it depends on body size among other things. After a workout though theoritically your body should be able to handle a little more absoption.

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Vuch View Post
    I hear some people saying your body can only use up around 30-40g of protein per 2-3 hours and the rest is wasted. Is this true because I've also been hearing it's a lot more from some people.
    hey vuch, it depends on a lot of variables(weight, need for protein etc). No-one can really give you a definitive answer, but for someone like you and me, 40 grams is probably optimal. Try for at least above 25 grams...
    Solitude is a hard-one ally, faithful and patient; yeah, i think i know you.....

Thanks go to Thickmass for the festive avatar!

Thanks go to Carmen for the idea of thanking Thickmass in my sig!

Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think its like 40 grams per hour... but it depends what you body size is/ weight and stuff........ but you want to aim for this.... 6 meals a day and spread out your protein count to how much you weight... EX) i weigh 190 pounds... i eat six meals a day....SO..... each meal i want to consume around 35 grams of protein..... so i get a full 200 grams of it throughout the day....

hope that helped

Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vuch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks a lot guys.
    {NO EYEBROW KREW}

Registered User MuscleVoodooism's Avatar
    MuscleVoodooism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Byrne89 View Post
    i think its like 40 grams per hour... but it depends what you body size is/ weight and stuff........ but you want to aim for this.... 6 meals a day and spread out your protein count to how much you weight... EX) i weigh 190 pounds... i eat six meals a day....SO..... each meal i want to consume around 35 grams of protein..... so i get a full 200 grams of it throughout the day....

hope that helped
    Well with what you stated how about dissecting my meal plan?
    I am only capable of getting in 3 meals a day due to being restricted to using a meal plan at my college so I bulk up on food. It is an all you can eat cafeteria. I end up getting around 70+ grams of protein per meal but I take around a hour to a hour and a half to eat these meals. Because of the time it takes me to finish do you think my body is actually utilizing all these proteins or are they being wasted? Only food I intake very quickly are the fluids and I leave those for last. I am also trying hard to bulk but I gain like less than a Lb a week with this 4500+ calorie diet of mine but that is probably because all my food is clean.

Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good quote i picked up from a bber: "everytime i hear some kid say 'but your body can only use 30g of protein per meal' he is always the skinniest kid in the gym who cant lift the bar"

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    some meals i get 90
    i dont think there is a set amount. i mean your not just gonna **** pure protein out, your body is gonna use it

Loki69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally eat 50grams of protein per meal. Sometimes only 40.Sometimes 60+.

I don't believe your body can only absorb 30-50 grams in 2 hours or whatever. I'm tired so I'm not going to go into a detailed explanation but I'll explain alittle.

Your body is an expert at adapting...When working out, your body realizes the need to get a good amount of protein to reapair the damage your doing. It only makes sense that as you continue to consume larger an dlarger amounts of protein as you grow over time that your body adpats and learns how to absorb and use it more efficiently.

Testosterone also effects how easily protein is absorbed and used properly by the body, so when you increase your testsosterone any way(natural or AAS) this would help your body to absorb more protein.So theorretically the the more test you have, the greater the chance your body has of using the protein correctly and your body should be more willing to absorb larger amounts. Sorry for the poor language, I'm startin to fall asleep/get lazy.
    Roses are red, violets are blue.; I'm so hood. More hooder than you
    Knowing I...I just needed to realign

Originally Posted by Heaney View Post
    good quote i picked up from a bber: "everytime i hear some kid say 'but your body can only use 30g of protein per meal' he is always the skinniest kid in the gym who cant lift the bar"
    Well i aint the skinniest kid in the gym.

Strong answer Loki69.
    {NO EYEBROW KREW}

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MuscleVoodooism View Post
    Well with what you stated how about dissecting my meal plan?
    I am only capable of getting in 3 meals a day due to being restricted to using a meal plan at my college so I bulk up on food. It is an all you can eat cafeteria. I end up getting around 70+ grams of protein per meal but I take around a hour to a hour and a half to eat these meals. Because of the time it takes me to finish do you think my body is actually utilizing all these proteins or are they being wasted? Only food I intake very quickly are the fluids and I leave those for last. I am also trying hard to bulk but I gain like less than a Lb a week with this 4500+ calorie diet of mine but that is probably because all my food is clean.
    bring a plastic container in and fill it up with steaks that u can eat in between meals
    Solitude is a hard-one ally, faithful and patient; yeah, i think i know you.....

Thanks go to Thickmass for the festive avatar!

Thanks go to Carmen for the idea of thanking Thickmass in my sig!

varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) varter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What I don't get is...if this excess protein gets "wasted" by the body, then so do the calories. Now why would the body EVER want to throw away precious calories that it knows can be stored for later?
    Kick a nice dog often enough and eventually you have a mean dog on your hands.

Registered User trainTilfailure's Avatar
    trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by varter View Post
    What I don't get is...if this excess protein gets "wasted" by the body, then so do the calories. Now why would the body EVER want to throw away precious calories that it knows can be stored for later?
    what? protein and calories are different.

itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your body can turn any macronutrient into adipose tissue and store it as fat for later use whenever it sees fit.

Therefore, any currently unused protein in your system will become adipose tissue and will be stored as fat in order to be used as energy later by your body.

You do not waste anything.
    US ARMY Noncommissioned Officer
    OEF / OND Veteran
    CEO, BFM Enterprises International

++ Positive Crew ++

Owe Reps:
    kpd905, Oreopie, put5onyo, Derek1995

Lifetime Negs:
    DatDereVert