Kandi_Gurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Can Women Take Creatine?

Hi. I'm a 20 year old active woman. Lately, I've decided to take my fitness program seriously. I want to make the muscles I have currently more defined and decrease my overall body fat percentage. I'm looking at supplements that may help me meet my goal. My husband takes creatine. I've heard that woman can also take this. But I've also heard that a woman's body can not digest this supplement. If anyone can help clear up my confusion, please write. Also, if you know of any good supplements, please feel free to include them. Thanks to all :-)
    *Be Blessed*

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wherever you heard that women can't digest creatine, well, he/she/they are full of crap. You can take creatine, however, if your focus is on losing fat you may not want to as creatine pulls water into your muscles and tends to blur your definition. Some women get very bloated on it. The amount of definition blurring and bloating depends on your carbohydrate intake and if you take the creatine with sugar in it or not. To put it simply, creatine pulls water into the muscles (more hydrated muscles = more strength/endurance) and recycles ATP thus allowing you to be stronger and/or gain a few extra reps. It also enables your muscles to recover faster.

I would recommend a good multi-vitamin, protein powder, and glutamine, the glutamine especially if you are cutting calories and/or carbs. Glutamine will help you recover faster without any bloating.

Hope this helps!

Noobsauce Olympic Lifter Crematia's Avatar
    Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take creatine daily. I have read that it's the impurities in the creatine that causes the excessive bloating. Creatine does cause your muslces to absorb more water, but I have found the benefits to outweigh any cons. Supposedly, creatine with the creapure logo is the purest, I had a tough time finding it and got it online from Optimum Nutrition. I also second using glutamine!

strongfox2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

BuffedWildCat and Crematia have made good points. Creatine will help make your muscles fuller by pulling in more water into the cells...will give you a fuller look. It will help you get stronger and increase your muscle mass gradually. If you are looking to get cut up, creatine is not a good choice. And, as women, our bodies digest the same as men. If you get a cheap product that doesn't contain the real stuff, you will get bloated and feel crappy. Unfortunately, you have to experient with some products until you find the one that works for you and doesn't make you feel like sh*t. MuscleTech has a good one that's non-flavored.

For cutting up, I'd recommend consuming lean protein (fish, turkey/chicken breast, whey protein), complex carbs (sweet pot., brown rice, oatmeal), high fiber carbs (broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, string beans, salads) and low fats (flaxseed, all natural peanutbutter <-- for those bad cravings only, & olive oil). Add supplements like L-glutamine and L-Carnitine, take a multi vitamin & mineral and drink pleny of water. Increase your cardio and train with lighter weights and higher reps --> keep your training consistent week per week and change it around every 3-4 weeks.

It's a lot I mentioned but just wanted to give you some suggestions. Hope I was helpful.

Peace
    Quitters never Win
    Winners never Quit.
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

playmaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont agree with light weight trainning and high reps, use heavy weights and 4-8 reps if you want to see results! Almost all people have great results with creatine, from the other hand i didnt have any results i used weiders and reflex nutrition products.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with strongfox on this!

I dont agree with light weight trainning and high reps, use heavy weights and 4-8 reps if you want to see results!

I don't think this is optimal when cutting. I would use that for bulking. I go lighter than usual when trying to cut & do more reps.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^ why?

dont u want to build more muscle, which burns more calories

alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10) alpha-LG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by playmaker
    I dont agree with light weight trainning and high reps, use heavy weights and 4-8 reps if you want to see results! Almost all people have great results with creatine, from the other hand i didnt have any results i used weiders and reflex nutrition products.
    Bump.

Low weights & higher reps are a wast of time and are far less effective. Muscle is metabolicly active, and the the harder the you work them + the more muscle you have = more calories burned.
    If you want to burn more calories durring your workouts, try supersetting opposing muscle groups, and decreasing rest periods between sets. For example, on a cable machine 8 reps heavy, a set of tri extensions, followed immediately by bicept curls, followed by 30-45 seconds rest, repeat.

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by alpha-LG
    Bump.

Low weights & higher reps are a wast of time and are far less effective. Muscle is metabolicly active, and the the harder the you work them + the more muscle you have = more calories burned.
    If you want to burn more calories durring your workouts, try supersetting opposing muscle groups, and decreasing rest periods between sets. For example, on a cable machine 8 reps heavy, a set of tri extensions, followed immediately by bicept curls, followed by 30-45 seconds rest, repeat.
    DITTO.

Always train to build muscle. It's the DIET that determines whether you bulk or get cut. For every pound of muscle you gain you burn at least an extra 30 calories. So don't waste your time with low weight and high reps unless you're specifically training for endurance.

lochick87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take creatine only on days when I lift, I'm cutting right now so I'm scared about taking it everyday.
    GO ASTROS! WE BEE-LIEVE!!

"Things can be different only of you make them different."

Oct 20 - 178
    Oct 27 -
    Nov 4 -
    Nov 11 -
    Nov 18 -
    Nov 25 -

Max Bench - 225
    Max Squat - 295
    May Leg Press - 340
    Max DB Curl - 35

brokenbeauty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mother of 2 trying to lose baby weight.. suggestions?

I'm a mother of 2 and have had a hard time losing the extra baby weight on my own. I am trying to completely transform my body and get back to bikini modeling. Right now my workouts consist of 30 minutes of cardio and weight training 6 days a week. I want to take my fitness program to the next level and amp my workouts. Right now I am taking oxyeliye pro and compound20. I'm seeing results but not as fast as I want to. I am goig to take out the compound 20 for a while and see if that helps at all. Tomorrow I am going to start a different diet and supplement regimen. I am going to continue taking the oxyelite and start using the gnc total lean protien shakes as a meal replacement for 2 meals and cut out all bad carbs and red meat. I also got c4extreme as a pre workout and gnc amplified wheybolic extreme as a post workout.

Is this a good plan to lose the extra fat and gain lean muscle mass? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

COLLIN.GRAVES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Broken-

Good for you for striving for such awesome goals! I think for right now, while you're trying to promote lean mass gain, I'd remove the compound 20. When you come to an ideal state, adding the compound 20 back in to your regimen will work wonders!

What is your carb count right now? That will contribute tremendously to your goals. Make sure you're not cutting out carbs completely during this phase, especially while working out so hard. Bad carbs are one thing, but where are your "good carb" levels sitting?

I think sticking to your current plan will offer some fantastic results. Best of luck to you!

-Collin

Originally Posted by brokenbeauty View Post
    I'm a mother of 2 and have had a hard time losing the extra baby weight on my own. I am trying to completely transform my body and get back to bikini modeling. Right now my workouts consist of 30 minutes of cardio and weight training 6 days a week. I want to take my fitness program to the next level and amp my workouts. Right now I am taking oxyeliye pro and compound20. I'm seeing results but not as fast as I want to. I am goig to take out the compound 20 for a while and see if that helps at all. Tomorrow I am going to start a different diet and supplement regimen. I am going to continue taking the oxyelite and start using the gnc total lean protien shakes as a meal replacement for 2 meals and cut out all bad carbs and red meat. I also got c4extreme as a pre workout and gnc amplified wheybolic extreme as a post workout.

Is this a good plan to lose the extra fat and gain lean muscle mass? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can Women Take Creatine?

when you develop a double chin and cannot get rid of it youll understand

warning! no supplements needed to achieve your goal