Aspire2BFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi! Am I on the right track?

Hi there.

So, I've lost about 35 lbs in the past year or so. I really got serious in the past couple of months and have become extremely dedicated to the gym. Cardio 6 days a week. I weigh about 145 and am 5'2 so I still have a bit of weight to lose still. But I've been royally stuck. My husband said it's time to get serious and start lifting. So I'm in my 2nd week of lifting. He showed me what to do the first week and now I'm doing that on my own. He showed me 3 exercises each for biceps, triceps, back, shoulders, chest and abs. He said after about a month I can add a couple more to each.

So I changed up my routine planning on doing MWFSat as cardio and then TRSat as weights. The Sat cardio plan was to do HIIT on the arc trainer.

Yesterday I did triceps and back and then did about 20 minutes of cardio. On another thread I was reading, someone said "why do cardio after lifting, you should be lifting and carrying yourself home". My question stems around that. I still have some weight to lose... or at least body fat to get rid of. Am I going about this right? I am doing about 6 exercises in my lifting sessions until I can take on more so I felt like I wasn't doing enough last night and so I hopped on the stair climber. My triceps and back were ppppooopppped but the stairclimber worked my legs.

I'm deathly afraid of getting rid of cardio. That's also why legs isn't in my weight routine, my legs are sooo exhausted from the cardio.

Suggestions welcome.

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Aspire2BFit View Post
    I'm deathly afraid of getting rid of cardio. That's also why legs isn't in my weight routine, my legs are sooo exhausted from the cardio.

Suggestions welcome.
    Start doing lifts for legs. Lift before cardio. Read up on cardio vs strengtht training for weightloss. Post diet in nutrition section.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

Aspire2BFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Euqinom View Post
    Start doing lifts for legs. Lift before cardio. Read up on cardio vs strengtht training for weightloss. Post diet in nutrition section.
    Ok I'll do a bit more reading, thanks!