Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CrimsonSteel View Post
    - Don't mind female or black lead. Funny that was the exact setup of Twisted Metal, too. And homeboy porked homegirl in that show, too, lmao.
    - Trans character...yea, getting well past the point of being sick of them.
    - White males all bad guys - extremely common and blatant propaganda plot. IMO it'll be looked back at as a tamer cousin to black face in a few decades.
    - All leaders are women or effeminate men - Yup. Every fukking show. I couldn't make it through the latest Fargo because of this and the last points.
    - Slooty female lead - This one can go either way. Fionna on Shameless got held accountable for her slootiness, before THAT show went hyper-woke.
    - literal obvious Jew character who is smarter than everyone else - LOL. I don't mind Jewish characters. But may as well just hire Larry David, the GOAT.
    - communism isn't bad guys they've actually been the good guys the whole time. - This is akin to a show that sympathizes with Nazis. So god damn sick of people trying to justify communism, it's essentially the most dangerous political ideology of the past century and change. Fukkin retards.
    yeah and right wingers are falling for it. ridiculous.
    Jesus wasn't a pacifist

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    yeah and right wingers are falling for it. ridiculous.
    I can watch a show that has themes that lean left or right. That takes the piss out of one (or, ideally, both) sides.

Of course, 99% of stuff leans left or far left, at this point. And a lot of those shows lose their function as escapism and become a soapbox the creator is preaching at the audience from. Why bother watching that sorta narcissistic tripe? For example, the Boys is really starting to wear thin.
    To wit, if the creator says something in the press dehumanizing anyone who won't blindly adhere to their every extremist ideology, I will absolutely ignore the show, as well.

I don't really have an opinion on Fallout. From the little I've seen it looks to be halfway between that Twisted Metal show from Peacock (which was solid) and the Resident Evil show from Netflix (which was horrible).

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Guyfawkes1010 View Post
    It’s on purpose to effeminate men.
    Hipster theater kids took over the entire industry. The cigar chomping zoomers and pessimistic Gen Xers made some pretty good music, video games, movies, TV, etc. As millennial and zoomer creators take the reins, things are predominantly shifting to appeal to smug hipster types.

I feel like when I was growing up things were made to be edgy, witty, and badass.
    "How much can we get away with?" "How cool can we make this character?" "Wouldn't it be crazy if..."

Now everything is meant to be snarky, quirky, and preachy.
    "How do we signal boost nonbinary handicapped Bosnians with this?" "We should sneak in some Marxist theology here!" "She should be an even bigger girlboss! Hashtag yasss, queen!"

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can watch a show that has themes that lean left or right. That takes the piss out of one (or, ideally, both) sides.

Of course, 99% of stuff leans left or far left, at this point. And a lot of those shows lose their function as escapism and become a soapbox the creator is preaching at the audience from. Why bother watching that sorta narcissistic tripe? For example, the Boys is really starting to wear thin.
    To wit, if the creator says something in the press dehumanizing anyone who won't blindly adhere to their every extremist ideology, I will absolutely ignore the show, as well.

I don't really have an opinion on Fallout. From the little I've seen it looks to be halfway between that Twisted Metal show from Peacock (which was solid) and the Resident Evil show from Netflix (which was horrible).
    I really liked the twisted metal show. It's kind of similar, but imagine if twisted metal had a bigger budget, more rated r violence, better actors, and an hbo esque studio level production (as opposed to the kinda obvious sitcom level value of twisted metal)

Honestly if it wasn't for people on the internet just looking to dissect ever little scene or part for something to be angry about... It's just an enjoyable show to watch. Comedy, violence, good production, and good fallout lore. There really isn't much to complain about unless you want to look for something to complain about.
    Sometimes I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces

Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    I really liked the twisted metal show. It's kind of similar, but imagine if twisted metal had a bigger budget, more rated r violence, better actors, and an hbo esque studio level production (as opposed to the kinda obvious sitcom level value of twisted metal)

Honestly if it wasn't for people on the internet just looking to dissect ever little scene or part for something to be angry about... It's just an enjoyable show to watch. Comedy, violence, good production, and good fallout lore. There really isn't much to complain about unless you want to look for something to complain about.
    Well that's good. From the previews it seemed to be in a similar spirit to Twisted Metal. Some of the moments seem kinda like that Resident Evil show on Netflix. (The sex dialogue.)

What I don't get is why HBO doesn't throw a Game of Thrones level budget at a Mortal Kombat show. Could be on the same level as Game of Thrones early seasons with the violence, sex, inter-realm politics, and so on. Season 1 introduces the characters and gives the motivations to fight (IE lots of fatalities of their loved ones), Season 2 is the tournament from MK1, Season 3 is MK2, Seasons 4 and 5 are the invasion of Earth realm, etc.

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well that's good. From the previews it seemed to be in a similar spirit to Twisted Metal. Some of the moments seem kinda like that Resident Evil show on Netflix. (The sex dialogue.)

What I don't get is why HBO doesn't throw a Game of Thrones level budget at a Mortal Kombat show. Could be on the same level as Game of Thrones early seasons with the violence, sex, inter-realm politics, and so on. Season 1 introduces the characters and gives the motivations to fight (IE lots of fatalities of their loved ones), Season 2 is the tournament from MK1, Season 3 is MK2, Seasons 4 and 5 are the invasion of Earth realm, etc.
    Sounds way too hnggggg, so we’ll never get it.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    Luckily I don't live in a state of constant fragility so seeing a tranny play a minor role in one episode didn't bother me that much.

Although it was really painful looking at the trannys pubic mustache for that few minutes.
    Ooh that's who they were talking about. I thought it was a butch lesbian or something. That was a shemale? Meh. The actor or character?

Maybe a little woke, then.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hipster theater kids took over the entire industry. The cigar chomping zoomers and pessimistic Gen Xers made some pretty good music, video games, movies, TV, etc. As millennial and zoomer creators take the reins, things are predominantly shifting to appeal to smug hipster types.

I feel like when I was growing up things were made to be edgy, witty, and badass.
    "How much can we get away with?" "How cool can we make this character?" "Wouldn't it be crazy if..."

Now everything is meant to be snarky, quirky, and preachy.
    "How do we signal boost nonbinary handicapped Bosnians with this?" "We should sneak in some Marxist theology here!" "She should be an even bigger girlboss! Hashtag yasss, queen!"
    How dare you notice, you are not allowed to notice!