GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up Is there anything more cringe than guys who are concerned about their "legacy"?

It literally means nothing

Nobody cares who your sons, grandsons, and so forth are after you die

In fact, after your grandsons (even if that) nobody will care or even remember that you ever existed

I mean do you know or even care who your great grandfather was?

Exactly

It's all cope to make believe that you mattered because you left some people behind after you're gone when in the grand scheme of things you're nothing
    Smugness intensifies

Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The whole idea of having to achieve and get promotions and want more is the same insanity driving consumerism.

The only result is us giving up our lives so someone else can get rich and we get to take some off the top.

Capitalism is based on exploitation. As simple as it gets. These people have been brainwashed to aggressively making other people money and being grateful for the opportunity. And if you don’t do the same you should feel bad, you are a deadbeat. Your only value in this world as a man is what you can provide for others, and we have to ensure everyone knows that.

It is insanity.
    I only read thread titles and my own posts.

cVc (OIF/OEF): *Retired*
    Sorry for perfect english; I have a degree.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    GMiscer spitting the cold hard truth as usual
    +++ miscin' at work crew +++

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your ancestors of whom you have no memory lived tougher , harder lives than you could cope with and over time that has created the world in which you have more opportunity than any time in human history

they never knew who you might be but they did what they did to ensure it

it is a basic human drive to leave a better place for those who come after , especially family..................whether you are remembered or not is irrelevant you have your time and pass on to the next generation

If we did not do this , you would be eating bugs, chitting in the forest and eating bugs

Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have fond memories of my grandparents, and their pictures will never be discarded, nor their medals from WW2 and Korea.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    I have fond memories of my grandparents, and their pictures will never be discarded, nor their medals from WW2 and Korea.
    You have fond memories of your grandparents, but will your offspring have those same memories? You'll probably show them pictures and they'll know your grandparents name, but they will never care as much as you do. All it would take is some natural disaster or a major move and those invaluable pictures you've passed down to your kids will get left behind, lost or destroyed. The saddest part? They probably won't even notice the photos are gone.

I know this because i'm going through it now with my grandparents.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    You have fond memories of your grandparents, but will your offspring have those same memories? You'll probably show them pictures and they'll know your grandparents name, but they will never care as much as you do. All it would take is some natural disaster or a major move and those invaluable pictures you've passed down to your kids will get left behind, lost or destroyed. The saddest part? They probably won't even notice the photos are gone.

Its doesnt matter......we honour the past and those who created our present whether we know them or not and likewise we do the same for future generations

unless you are an amazing human being whose accomplishments changed the world: Tesla, Darwin, Einstein, or a huge cnt who fckd the world: Hitler, Genghis Khan, Biden

if not then you will be forgotten in 2 or 3 generations but it matters not, you did what you did that has had some benefit or you did fck all

-JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Where've you been Gerald?
    -Virtue is its own reward

-Survived misc outage 2022 crew
    -My old username (Johnez) did not survive outage :-(

Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave22reborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post

Okay, but it's your job to tell them about their great grandparents.

You don't think that Mike Tyson's future, great, great grandchildren will be told who their great, great grandfather is?

Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. I'm pretty sure you've made this thread, but the "muh legacy" thing is so dumb. If you genuinely want to have kids, then go ahead, but making dumb feels based arguments like that in order to try to convince yourself (or others) that it's the objectively "right" thing to do is silly.

TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't think that Mike Tyson's future, great, great grandchildren will be told who their great, great grandfather is?
    they could be told but it won't be anything tangible or even imaginable by that time

gotta agree with the OP that as far as a legacy goes it virtually stops with the grandchildren

JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Disagree.

Your legacy matters far more than you think. Things your great-great-grandparents did still affect you today. They may not know your name, but actions you take in your lifetime carry on to your descendants for hundreds of years.

Examples:

The richest families in Florence, in 1427, are still the richest families. The wealth carried nearly 600 years and counting. https://qz.com/694340/the-richest-fa...es-in-florence

The black belt, a region where slavery was especially strong in Alabama due to geography (richer soil). Even hundreds of year later, there are more African-Americans in that specific region. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...on_of_Alabama)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayflower_Society

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My family seems to have forgotten my existence now so I cant imagine they would care after i am gone.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Originally Posted by TokenV View Post
    they could be told but it won't be anything tangible or even imaginable by that time

gotta agree with the OP that as far as a legacy goes it virtually stops with the grandchildren
    There's videos where a grandchild visitited their grandparent, to show them their great grandchild, and to honor them, they named the child after them, and got to hold them with tears in their eyes.

Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah who is Abe Lincoln's great great grandson? Who is Richard Nixon's granddaughter?
    Every Man apart, Every Man an Emperor

BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Yes. I'm pretty sure you've made this thread, but the "muh legacy" thing is so dumb.
    He's made the opposing thread too where he says life is pointless without kids. It's just trolling obviously.
    Nocrew crew

SS final perma ban request
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=184614323

Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reserrection has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bump

There's videos where a grandchild visitited their grandparent, to show them their great grandchild, and to honor them, they named the child after them, and got to hold them with tears in their eyes.
    you're thinking in the opposite direction of the OP

the GGF might have fond memories of his GGC in his last days/weeks/months but will the GGC ever think of his GGF in his adult life?

that's the OP's point

you're thinking in the opposite direction of the OP

the GGF might have fond memories of his GGC in his last days/weeks/months but will the GGC ever think of his GGF in his adult life?

that's the OP's point
    Depends what they did, or who they were.

blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well under your logic basically everything iscmeaningless in life so you could basically make this tread on anything

Depends what they did, or who they were.
    I doubt it

both my grandfathers fought in WW2, one had been POW and was highly decorated even

do you think my nieces (their GGC) are gonna have some genuine emotional connection to them or their struggles? they've been gone decades before they were born

I'm not even hating, just being realistic here

if you really believe you're gonna be loved and remembered for 2+ generations... lmfao

andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andyray has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    plus tech will wipe out mankind within 1000 years anyway

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People should be concerned with what actually matters to their life. "Legacy" is basically another form of obsessing about what other people think.

Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pats2022SBwin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by andyray View Post
    plus tech will wipe out mankind within 1000 years anyway
    I think we have waaaaaaay less than 1,0000 years with the way tech is going.

Originally Posted by Pats2022SBwin View Post
    I think we have waaaaaaay less than 1,0000 years with the way tech is going.
    but but but...

what about my legacy??????

Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Condo41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes there are

It isn't cringey
    [My wife drank 9 Adios MFers in one night on a business trip with her boss]

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    but but but...

what about my legacy??????
    That's the irony. Unless you're someone who made a huge impact on the world, nobody will care in the end.

GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    bump
    Smugness intensifies