Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Is this just some humble brag thread?

I'm a simple/easily content man who doesn't give a chit about fancy things. Time is our most valuable asset though, so having enough to live very comfortably and never have to worry about wagecucking again would increase happiness quite significantly I would imagine.
    It doesnt have to be about fancy things. But once your "living comfortably" needs are met.....the brain seeks other things no?

ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then give away all your money ph aggot.

Yeah that's what I thought.

Cope thread
    FLAT: 225x11 INCLINE DB 100x9 incline bench 225x8 deadlift: [RETIRED!! OUTTA HERE] FS: 225X8

TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by donblaximus View Post
    This is a perfect scenario of how it fits the thread perspective. In my corp years.....I turned down multiple offers to apply for VP jobs. I thought no way. Too much BS and time taken away from me for little upside other than a title and a power trip.
    Agree, especially with the bold. A friend of mine had a job where he was driving something like 60-90 mins one way....changed his situation up and is so much better for it.

Another friend said to me just yesterday that he's inspired to look for a job after speaking with me the past few months and seeing how much of a success the job change has been, says he'd be happy to take a pay cut for it if needed (although I think he'll be fine in that regard).

It's pretty funny seeing how many people in this thread seem to have completely missed the point of what you're saying. By all means if someone's got a high-paying job that they like - or can at least tolerate - then that's great, but we all know someone who's worked too long, too hard for a job chasing more money and ultimately they're not happier for it, if anything they're worse off. Soured relationships, workaholic, no life outside of the job etc.

theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I could give two fkโ€™s about happiness , itโ€™s just an emotion. I want money in order to have shelter and stay fed. Homeless , freezing , and getting your fingers amputated from frostbite is not an emotion, chits getting real .
    Only sloots and low iq men are in this perpetual state of trying to find happiness. I just want low stress, shelter and food.

you seem like a rather reasonable fellow

donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ectobruh View Post

Cope thread
    Anticipated many saying this. Not what this thread is about. I am happy. The thread is about realization that the things that make me happy are not directly equated to money. Some of those things I have had all my life (love of my parent, close relationships, self worth) some I are new. Few to none are about money.

Originally Posted by TheJimmyRustler View Post
    Agree, especially with the bold. A friend of mine had a job where he was driving something like 60-90 mins one way....changed his situation up and is so much better for it.

Another friend said to me just yesterday that he's inspired to look for a job after speaking with me the past few months and seeing how much of a success the job change has been, says he'd be happy to take a pay cut for it if needed (although I think he'll be fine in that regard).

It's pretty funny seeing how many people in this thread seem to have completely missed the point of what you're saying. By all means if someone's got a high-paying job that they like - or can at least tolerate - then that's great, but we all know someone who's worked too long, too hard for a job chasing more money and ultimately they're not happier for it, if anything they're worse off. Soured relationships, workaholic, no life outside of the job etc.
    This exactly. I can see how some can think of what I am saying as "humble brag"....but I think thats just a knee jerk reaction coming from emotion.
    You are saying the same thing (through living and seeing it) and nobody is accusing you of humble brag.

This thread isnt about eating wagyu steaks or flossing in vegas. Its about finding a balance in your life (which is different for everyone)
    Reps bro

samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Is this just some humble brag thread?

I'm a simple/easily content man who doesn't give a chit about fancy things. Time is our most valuable asset though, so having enough to live very comfortably and never have to worry about wagecucking again would increase happiness quite significantly I would imagine.
    If don, nosirrahx or inducedbrag are the op, itโ€™s always a not at all humble brag. Muppets.
    2023 bertie awards 2024 nominations

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=184693083

forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) forthenoodz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PhiloSquid View Post
    yeah but not having money can cause lots of stress. there is a medium
    this. you need money up until a certain point.

6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ectobruh View Post

Cope thread
    That's what I responded with.

Dude is a multi-millionaire LOL

ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For some perspective on this thread, OP has been known to subtle brag about his money for like the past 10 years+ on this site.

All I know about him are his many threads subtly bragging about his money and career, and that he has an ugly Asian wife (from the many threads that he and GoldenBull were arguing).

So it's refreshing to know that this retard finally understands this important life lesson at his boomer ass age. I figured this chit out in my teen, but still, good job to you, OP.

And to the rest of you money obsessed retards: you weren't unhappy because you were "poor". You were unhappy because you're a soulless loser who could only find happiness and joy in all the superficial chit money could bring to you. You were literally too much of a braindead NPC to find happiness and joy in life without the assistance of money.

You most likely had no real friends. No relationship with your family. No real hobbies or passionate about anything. Couldn't find love, or were retarded and found love in only the worst people. You were most likely atheist. You were most likely a useless eater and mindless consumer with no higher spirit to you. You had a weak mind, a weaker body, and ugliness in your heart. There were 1001 reasons why you were unhappy, and it had nothing to do with lack of money.

And then when you finally do get money, you'll realize this to still be true. And that's where you make a thread like OP.

isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it doesnt buy happiness but it takes away **** that makes you unhappy and stressful

also... IT CAN buy you happy... purchasing experiences and deep diving into your passions with the income that you have

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love this for you...

Did you wish you did some more fulfilling career like your sister?
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by isawthesign View Post
    it doesnt buy happiness but it takes away **** that makes you unhappy and stressful

also... IT CAN buy you happy... purchasing experiences and deep diving into your passions with the income that you have
    you have two thing in life that can help ease it along -- time and money. getting a lot of money is great especially if it allows you purchase experiences and deep dive into passions, but if you use up a lot of your time getting it...well that can suck too. you can't buy back the time and a lot of curveballs can come that make the money less relevant...chronic illnesses and such.

Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChangGang View Post
    For some perspective on this thread, OP has been known to subtle brag about his money for like the past 10 years+ on this site.

All I know about him are his many threads subtly bragging about his money and career, and that he has an ugly Asian wife (from the many threads that he and GoldenBull were arguing).

So it's refreshing to know that this retard finally understands this important life lesson at his boomer ass age. I figured this chit out in my teen, but still, good job to you, OP.

And to the rest of you money obsessed retards: you weren't unhappy because you were "poor". You were unhappy because you're a soulless loser who could only find happiness and joy in all the superficial chit money could bring to you. You were literally too much of a braindead NPC to find happiness and joy in life without the assistance of money.

You most likely had no real friends. No relationship with your family. No real hobbies or passionate about anything. Couldn't find love, or were retarded and found love in only the worst people. You were most likely atheist. You were most likely a useless eater and mindless consumer with no higher spirit to you. You had a weak mind, a weaker body, and ugliness in your heart. There were 1001 reasons why you were unhappy, and it had nothing to do with lack of money.

And then when you finally do get money, you'll realize this to still be true. And that's where you make a thread like OP.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well... maybe he grew out of this mindset in the last 10 years?
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

Its a human condition to make up stuff in your own mind do explain what may be happening in reality.
    You could have seen the last 10 year as humble brag. I truly get that.

Career details are true and yes I talked about them but only to help others in the same plight feel the detail.
    The ugly wife thing is a figment of your imagination. You have never seen a pic of my wife and you never will because I am pretty discreet on personal things. Same with me kids.

Yes I did finally come to the realization once hitting the goal. The whole point of the thread is my perspective is that you probably cant fully realize that until you reach it. I am totally open and understanding if others can before actuality and would be happy for them if they did.

Nowhere in my threads did I ever really talk about unhappiness. Only the realization that the most important things are tied to things that are not about wealth,

I feel like I was able to get to my positions was through a mindset and realization through teachings form my circumstance and family, There are many threads about this, Funny how this post picks and chooses what they want to believe even though I have posted many things about interpersonal relationships.

Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its a human condition to make up stuff in your own mind do explain what may be happening in reality.

Career details are true and yes I talked about them but only to help others in the same plight feel the detail.
    The ugly wife thing is a figment of your imagination. You have never seen a pic of my wife and you never will because I am pretty discreet on personal things. Same with me kids.

Yes I did finally come to the realization once hitting the goal. The whole point of the thread is my perspective is that you probably cant fully realize that until you reach it. I am totally open and understanding if others can before actuality and would be happy for them if they did.

Nowhere in my threads did I ever really talk about unhappiness. Only the realization that the most important things are tied to things that are not about wealth,

I feel like I was able to get to my positions was through a mindset and realization through teachings form my circumstance and family, There are many threads about this, Funny how this post picks and chooses what they want to believe even though I have posted many things about interpersonal relationships.
    A classy response. Imagine the large size POS you need to be to try and insult someone's family members. Low class as fuk on his part, but par for the course.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangGang is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Nothing personal, OP.

You and I have never interacted in the past. Everything I remember about you, it was from what other posters have pointed it out. Your subtle brag threads were ALWAYS pointed out by other members. Consistently over the years, different posters have pointed this out. Even in this thread, Polaris accused you of subtle bragging even before I brought it up. Be a man and own up to it. Bragging about wealth and career was your misc identity for the longest time.

Again, I don't know you. I don't know what your wife looks like. She could very well be as ugly as GoldenBull pointed out in the past. Again, could be wrong. Highly doubt it, given how obsess you are (were) with money and your career and the countless threads you made about how rich you are and how great your career is over the years. Those kind of guys historically aren't good looking (hence the cope with pursuing maximum wealth gains and masturbatory careermaxxxing). So having a below average Asian wife definitely wouldn't be out of the realm of realism.

But like I said, congrats to you on finally realizing this fundamental truth of life. I bet you were definitely one those arrogant pricks who mocked people with "heh only poor losers would say that" whenever some one far wiser than you tried to warn you that money doesn't mean happiness, huh? You were that guy, weren't you? Yeah, yeah you were.

JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000) JuanLee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lots of money would buy me no more waking up at 3am for the gym because I have to be at work at 6am, which would make me happy.

cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) cramer1995 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ask a mother who lost their child if she can go buy some happiness.

that's the whole point, yes you can buy some security and freedom but you can't buy happiness directly like how you could buy water or food.

if you're hungry you can buy the solution to that directly

if you're sad you can't
    big penor crew

DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP is a well known and respected OG poster, whom I've actually asked for advice from in the distant past many years ago.

But that original post reeks of a drunk post of someone dealing with some real personal sh!t.
    I hope I'm wrong, but Don - this isn't indicative of the super quality posting you've done before. I hope everything is OK with your personal life and it's understandably OK to do a reassessment of your life decisions... hell, it's called a midlife crisis for a reason and you've clearly done well.

Money doesn't equal happiness. But basic financial stability (security) where you have enough in the bank to not stress about bills and never need to check your checking your account or worry about paying the cash-back credit card when buying things buys a ton of peace of mind! Everything above that is just possession of material things and trying to impress people.
    I'm a car guy, but if you have to work an extra 15 hours a week (or 780 hours a year) to buy a Lambo or 911 vs working the less to drive a M car or even a Toyota, then things are out of place.

I'm a corp exec and do decent, but honestly, some of the happiest people I know make less than $100k but acquired a house for cheap and work 8 hours a day and have a family they're there for constantly.
    I also know a lot of people that make 6 figs a quarter and are stressed out of their mind and lost in life.
    There's not easy answer, but one thing is for certain.... the line between making an honest living and being around for your family vs making 5-10x that and being slave to money or ambition is way thinner than most think.

mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Money expands your options in life. Every action in life leads to a reaction. make the right action with it
    MR.PHF '09

โ€œDo you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.โ€- Don Quixote

''Damn right I like the life I live

'Cause I went from negative to positive

And it's all Good..."

"Friends come and go but Enemies Accumulate"

"Zero tolerance Crew" ZERO, NADA !!!!

pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thank u for your message, donblaximus.
    Pumpkin courtesy of BRANDERSS (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180764903);
    addendum courtesy of buttInspector (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=183054703).

Byzantine75 is a cheeky little bugger. srs.

Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miscbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I interpret the saying as money doesn't necessarily buy you happiness

but I'm a brokie so can't confirm

LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    100%

Wish I'd spent the last couple years my parents were around working less.
    480s / 370b / 495d / 235 x 2 SOHP

Trump 2020
    DeSantis 2024
    Catbrah 2032

Misc Firearms Crew
    Misc Wristwatch Crew
    Will sell wife's foot pics for watch/gun money crew
    Definitely not a fed crew

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lithre View Post
    Only poor people say money doesn't buy happiness
    That isn't true at all.

I'd say money is a tool to potentially help achieve the things that bring fulfillment. But in and of itself, it is not going to bring it.

Most of the things in life that drive fulfillment do not require a ton of money.
    ๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–˜๐–Š ๐–† ๐–ˆ๐–๐–Š๐–ˆ๐•ถ, ๐–“๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–— ๐–ˆ๐–๐–†๐–˜๐–Š ๐–† ๐–‡๐–Ž๐–™๐–ˆ๐–

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Said before ITT already but... diminished returns.

$30k/yr and you're barely surviving these days, probably living with roommates, saving super little lucky to get even $500/mo. Emergencies can set you back years.

$75k/yr and you're living alone, able to save probably $1.5k/mo. Emergencies set you back maybe 3-9 months depending.

$150k/yr and you're living alone or can afford leeches (wife/kids/family), able to save back $3-5k/mo. Emergencies set you back 1-3 months.

$250k/yr and you can afford any kind of living situation easily, saving back possibly $10k+/mo. Emergencies don't really set you back anymore at all, next paycheck and investment growth probably more than covers it.

Above applies to mid-CoL areas, not talking about New York or California.

There's a correlation between happiness and reducing the concerns regarding ability to survive emergencies.

EDIT: Money also enables generosity. You can save other people you care about financially speaking with enough wealth.
    Last edited by Visel; 03-22-2024 at 11:08 PM.
    i7-14700k
    360mm AIO Liquid Cooler (Maingear)
    4080 SUPER Founder's Edition
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Everything I write is NOT financial advice.

DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DTRrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Visel View Post
    Said before ITT already but... diminished returns.

$30k/yr and you're barely surviving these days, probably living with roommates, saving super little lucky to get even $500/mo. Emergencies can set you back years.

$75k/yr and you're living alone, able to save probably $1.5k/mo. Emergencies set you back maybe 3-9 months depending.

$150k/yr and you're living alone or can afford leeches (wife/kids/family), able to save back $3-5k/mo. Emergencies set you back 1-3 months.

$250k/yr and you can afford any kind of living situation easily, saving back possibly $10k+/mo. Emergencies don't really set you back anymore at all, next paycheck and investment growth probably more than covers it.

Above applies to mid-CoL areas, not talking about New York or California.

There's a correlation between happiness and reducing the concerns regarding ability to survive emergencies.

EDIT: Money also enables generosity. You can save other people you care about financially speaking with enough wealth.
    This a great post and basically sums things up. I've been in all of the tiers of this post, and quality of life making say 100k vs 300k is wildly different. I grew up not dirt poor but definitely lower middle class and sometimes pretty poor (utilities turned off, meals out of a can, etc)

The ability that the latter 300k+ affords you to not stress about any purchases, travel, and emergencies is huge. And like said above, when I choose to do so, I can be generous when needed (helping siblings with vet bills, helping pay for little sister's wedding, giving nice gifts, etc) and it's not even a second thought of financial stress.
    There is some freedom and happiness in being able to do that.
    But I also have a high stress job with a lot on the line if I fck up that none of my family understands or appreciates because they're not in that position.

Some of the happiest people I know often fall into two subsets:
    - They had well off parents that paid for college and handed them an already successful business/investment. By the age of 25-30 they had a house that their parents either bought or fronted a 6 fig down payment, they're financially secure with a wife and kids by 30, and just coasting now.
    - The other are people that don't make much (sub 100k), but have a very low stress job, parents to help watch the kids to save money, and they bought a house on foreclosure or firesale during the housing collapse in 2009. They drive used cars, but their low stress jobs allow them to be there for their kids and family and the foreclosed hoke they bought for $200k in 2010 is now worth $450k.

Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    A classy response. Imagine the large size POS you need to be to try and insult someone's family members. Low class as fuk on his part, but par for the course.
    Its all good. I figure its just the human nature....that combined with the lack of personalization the internet brings.....you have to expect these things to come.
    Attacking with facts is one thing. Making up things is another. I am open to anyone providing facts about my family and will be open to discuss any of those data points / facts.

Nothing personal, OP.

You and I have never interacted in the past. Everything I remember about you, it was from what other posters have pointed it out. Your subtle brag threads were ALWAYS pointed out by other members. Consistently over the years, different posters have pointed this out. Even in this thread, Polaris accused you of subtle bragging even before I brought it up. Be a man and own up to it. Bragging about wealth and career was your misc identity for the longest time.

Again, I don't know you. I don't know what your wife looks like. She could very well be as ugly as GoldenBull pointed out in the past. Again, could be wrong. Highly doubt it, given how obsess you are (were) with money and your career and the countless threads you made about how rich you are and how great your career is over the years. Those kind of guys historically aren't good looking (hence the cope with pursuing maximum wealth gains and masturbatory careermaxxxing). So having a below average Asian wife definitely wouldn't be out of the realm of realism.

But like I said, congrats to you on finally realizing this fundamental truth of life. I bet you were definitely one those arrogant pricks who mocked people with "heh only poor losers would say that" whenever some one far wiser than you tried to warn you that money doesn't mean happiness, huh? You were that guy, weren't you? Yeah, yeah you were.
    Uhhh if you read my response "You could have seen the last 10 year as humble brag. I truly get that." ......what else would you like me to address about that?
    Everyone has their own perspective. I know why I am sharing. Consider this......if I wanted to brag why do it subtly??.....wouldnt I post pics of my vacations, front parking an exotic at a fancy restaurant etc? Wouldn't that be more effective?

Bragging about wealth and career was not the entire identify. This is where you choose not to read in between the lines. I used that information as background to where I am coming from when I give advice and perspective on things in life that I feel are important.

Again on the wife thing. You can use your imagination and "triangulation" all you want....I am open to seeing the facts you have to deduce these things.
    Obsession with money and career is in the eye of the reader. Read my comment above about my intent.

Funny how you open up your post with "nothing personal" but when you read back all your comments its got a tone of unnecessary name calling and assumptions. When you read someone's post you can feel their energy....and you are coming across angry bro.