Thread: Sandbags

GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sandbags

I'm planning to add sandbags to my functional training. Anyone else using them? My job requires lifts with irregular or awkward loads and I'm looking to improve stability with a variety of lifts and carries over uneven surfaces.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love/hate sandbags. There are a ton of options out there, and most of the double-bagged ones from reputable sellers will be fine for a home gym. I started with one Greyfit 100lb boulder bag last summer, and added 150 and 200 pound bags as I worked on technique. Planning on adding some heavier ones this spring. I've been really happy with the Greyfits so far.

https://greyfitusa.com/collections/f...ongman-sandbag

I use them more or less like squishy atlas stones, doing stuff like stone to shoulder carries and stone over bar, but there's more than one shape of bag, and a ton of things you can do with them.

Brian Alsruhe has a good guide on getting started:

GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravelMn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the info and link. I just got a 60# Polyfit oblong bag with a variety of handle positions. So far have used it for a few short hill repeats with a variety of carries. I'm looking into using it like a Bulgarian bag but need to research technique.