Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Elephant BigElephant's Avatar
    BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
    I've been debating this online with Bears fans and in person with my friends. I feel very confident that the Bears made a catastrophic mistake.

First of all, Caleb Williams is not generational an is a flawed prospect. He has success is situations that are not realistic in the NFL. In some of his highlights he's throwing the ball 7-9 seconds after the snap and his receivers are getting ridiculous seperation. This is the same system that Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield wn Heismans and went #1 overall from. He's shown me things under pressure that I do not like.

Now when it comes to the Bears...

Where they play matters. Maybe more than any other team. YOU CANNOT BUILD A TEAM AROUND QB and WRs IN CHICAGO. The weather is too bad for passing.

Bears offensive and defensive point ranks when they have 10+ win seasons in the salary cap era.

2018- 9th in points scored, 1st in points against
    2012- 16th in points scored, 3rd in points against
    2010- 21st in points scored, 4th in points against
    2006- 2nd in points scored, 3rd in points against
    2005- 26th in points, 1st in points against
    2001- 11th in points scored, 1st in points against.

Average- 14th in points scored, 2nd in points against. The blue print to win in Chicago is build a defense and offensive line. They would have won the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman if they just gave Thomas Jones 30 carries.

They should have unloaded the pick for a fortune and built a nasty defense. There was a rumor the Broncos offered two 1s, two 2s and Surtain. That would have been a great trade for the Bears and I bet there were better offers.

Caleb Williams will struggle. Bears missed a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    I agree that Williams is flawed. IMO he's no different than any top 5 QB prospect in any given year. He could work out, he could bust. He's not generational though, and given what I saw from him last year I'm concerned. A lot of stat padding against bad teams, and the only good team he had a good game against was Washington. Hell he even laid eggs against ND and Arizona (although he was the reason that USC beat Arizona at the end). He's also on the smaller side at 6'1", which isn't a death sentence like Bryce Young size, but people are talking about Jayden Daniels's size as a detractor for him and I know they mostly mean his build, but Williams is 3 inches shorter than him.

I'm going to disagree with your point on the weather though. You always build a team around QB no matter where the team is. The weather is equally bad in places like New England and Buffalo and they built around QBs. While Buffalo hasn't even won the conference yet they are yearly SB contenders, and New England won 3 Super Bowls with Brady carrying the team, and the other 3 with him being a very integral part of an overall good roster.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

Part Animal, Part Machine cheerupemokid's Avatar
    cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
    I've been debating this online with Bears fans and in person with my friends. I feel very confident that the Bears made a catastrophic mistake.

First of all, Caleb Williams is not generational an is a flawed prospect. He has success is situations that are not realistic in the NFL. In some of his highlights he's throwing the ball 7-9 seconds after the snap and his receivers are getting ridiculous seperation. This is the same system that Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield wn Heismans and went #1 overall from. He's shown me things under pressure that I do not like.

Now when it comes to the Bears...

Where they play matters. Maybe more than any other team. YOU CANNOT BUILD A TEAM AROUND QB and WRs IN CHICAGO. The weather is too bad for passing.

Bears offensive and defensive point ranks when they have 10+ win seasons in the salary cap era.

2018- 9th in points scored, 1st in points against
    2012- 16th in points scored, 3rd in points against
    2010- 21st in points scored, 4th in points against
    2006- 2nd in points scored, 3rd in points against
    2005- 26th in points, 1st in points against
    2001- 11th in points scored, 1st in points against.

Average- 14th in points scored, 2nd in points against. The blue print to win in Chicago is build a defense and offensive line. They would have won the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman if they just gave Thomas Jones 30 carries.

They should have unloaded the pick for a fortune and built a nasty defense. There was a rumor the Broncos offered two 1s, two 2s and Surtain. That would have been a great trade for the Bears and I bet there were better offers.

Caleb Williams will struggle. Bears missed a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    The Bears would have won that Superbowl with a better quarterback that could make plays in crucial situations.

And whatever you think of Caleb Williams, having a quarterback on a rookie contract makes building a team easier. Caleb Williams highlights do show him extending plays and making plays out of structure. His game tape also shows him accurately hitting receivers in structure too though. More in previous years than this past year in which the interior offensive line was not good and they had one of the worst defenses in college football, so were always in shootouts.

As a Bears fan, it’s also amusing that you seem to be disparaging Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. If the Bears had drafted them and they’d had the careers they’ve had so far, they’d be the best quarterbacks they’d ever drafted.

Also, the Bears are planning on building a domed stadium.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -C.S. Lewis

Registered Elephant BigElephant's Avatar
    BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cheerupemokid View Post
    The Bears would have won that Superbowl with a better quarterback that could make plays in crucial situations.

And whatever you think of Caleb Williams, having a quarterback on a rookie contract makes building a team easier. Caleb Williams highlights do show him extending plays and making plays out of structure. His game tape also shows him accurately hitting receivers in structure too though. More in previous years than this past year in which the interior offensive line was not good and they had one of the worst defenses in college football, so were always in shootouts.

As a Bears fan, it’s also amusing that you seem to be disparaging Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. If the Bears had drafted them and they’d had the careers they’ve had so far, they’d be the best quarterbacks they’d ever drafted.

Lol wtf. What a fukking joke.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NorrinRadd12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cheerupemokid View Post

Colts had one of the worst rush defenses of all time. It was pouring rain. Thomas Jones had 15 carries and Grossman had 29 dropbacks. They also gave Benson a carry for no reason and he fumbled it.

Mayfield and Murray are massive disappointments. They came from the same system Williams is coming from. That's important. You can't just say "Bears QB history" to justify it.