JimFlan24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bent over barbell row vs. Single are dumbbell row

I can't seem to get the form down for the bent over barbell row. Would doing single are bent over rows, over a bench and such, be just as good??

BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000)

Red face Re: Bent over barbell row vs. Single are dumbbell row

Originally posted by JimFlan24
    I can't seem to get the form down for the bent over barbell row. Would doing single are bent over rows, over a bench and such, be just as good??
    yes it would but learn the form for barbell rows. very important exercise.
    I feel sorry for all those liars out there.

kye90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why not do dumbell rows instead of barbell rows? (i mean with 2 dumbells at the same time, as you would with a barbell)

dumbells in this exercise give u a fuller range of movement.
    "if ya cant beat'em, bite'em" M.TYSON

To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did bent over barbell rows for the first time the other day, and I can't wait until Thursday when I get to do them again.
    Anyways, a few pointers when doing them...
    IN MY OPINION:
    Wear a support belt. I've got a dodgey back anyways, and without one I'm in agony after one rep, so, to be on the safe side, use one.
    Use a lighter weight to get the form dialled.
    It's all about the mind muscle connection. You need to work the muscles as you use them, ie., make sure you're using lats and stuff to lift the weight, not just your arms at dodgey angles.
    Check out www.exrx.net/lists/directory.html for videos on most exercises which should aid your form somewhat.

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

Pale Assassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pale Assassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    getting the feel for all the major compound excercises is very important...very.

I started doing bent over barbell rows, dead lifts, improved my bench form and squat as well, and now im getting stronger, i see my shoulders growing and my back as well. My quads are growing also, ofcourse these are small but still noticable changes, over time they add up, i jsut hope ill keep makign small steady gains.

xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xicemaniacx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do both...both exercises hit the same area just in a different way...I find that these work the best when i lift explosively.

Definately keep good form though to save your lower back
    "The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure."

JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) JediBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xicemaniacx View Post
    I do both...both exercises hit the same area just in a different way...I find that these work the best when i lift explosively.

Definately keep good form though to save your lower back
    strong bump

MysticNZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MysticNZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MysticNZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JimFlan24 View Post
    Do it slowly with light weight.

jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i do cable rows but with an under grip...i cant do barbell rows to save my life

MysticNZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MysticNZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MysticNZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try a T-Bar row.

Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    did no one else catch the fact that this thread has been revived from 10 years ago...

Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Laidbackzack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol I just realized i bumped this from 5 months ago