Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why not buy the nicest Boxster or C6 you can find in your prince range and be DONE?

NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bsmit107 View Post
    Go used....for $30k you can get damn near any car you want, just depends on how many years old you want to go.

I had been wanting the same thing for years and years and kept telling myself, now's not the time, just wait, blah blah blah. Ideally I wanted a 2014 Boss 302 (as a toy) but I knew what I wanted to do with the car and how I wanted to treat it and just could not justify dropping 30k-40k on something I was going to drive like I stole it several time a week/track it/autocross it/etc.....so I came up with a realistic "disposable car" budget and that was about 12-14k.......well, one day about 8 months ago a great deal presented itself and I pulled the trigger. I ended up getting a 1999 GT with a Gen 2 Coyote and about 18k in other suspension/transmission/brakes/rear end/rims & tires/other mods...all documented (was actually a magazine build) and I on 1 hand am glad I waited because this is the exact car that I've always wanted and on the other hand and mad I waited till I was 37 to pull the trigger on something fun like this. It just happens to have worked out that way.

Don't get "analysis paralysis", don't overthink it, figure out what you want and just do it! If you've always wanted a V8, don't settle for less, you'll just be disappointed. I tried to scratch my itch (before buying the mustang) and bought a 2003 WRX STI for like 5k and 2 weeks in, I knew I goofed.
    It’s funny I come across your post now. I was coming in to update that at this point, I really do have to go for the V8. I’ve waited years to get one, and now that I have the ability to get one, I continue to overthink it. All it took this weekend was to be around 2 s550 Coyotes on the street (coincidence?) where I was easily reminded why I’ve waited so long to get a GT.

It’s been more-so a maturity thing. I keep telling myself to continue to make smart financial decisions. Let’s face it, if the car I have now is getting me from Point A to Point B just fine, buying a new car isn’t “smart.” At the same time, life is short. And do I really want to wait until I’m 40? That’s why I resonate with you on the “now’s not the time” idea. The thing is, though, that’ll never change; when I’m in an even better situation 5 years from now, 15 years from now, I’ll always have that mentality. So I think it comes down to balance; just recognizing and having the awareness behind the decisions I make, and what I value at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

I’ll likely get an s550 V8, mainly because of the interior compared to the other mustang years. They’re in the price range I’m sticking with. I had a 4.0 V6 years ago, back when I knew nothing about cars. So, upgrading to the V8, i want to go for an s550 and not just another s197 model (or older). I’ll keep you posted brah, I appreciate your input.
    Warzone camper

BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Depends on what you want it for. Mustangs are for crashing into crowds and demonstrating how poor a driver you are.
    USMC 0311
    *Ice Hockey/Lacrosse Crew*
    *fukkin zeezbrah when pickin up chicks but do one thing to fuk it up/cant sustain after that night crew*
    *C7 GS Vette Crew*

iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iwant2beswole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Soooo..... I rethought this. Hands down, best manual transmission shifting experience of ANY car. A S2000. Perfect for your budget range and a truly timeless and iconic car.

My son has one and it is one of the most fun cars to drive and it can actually be a practical car. Good trunk and you can travel quite comfortably in it. Another true drivers car! And it will never go down in value...

they don't make them like this anymore SRS

bought mine in 2019 for 24k and it's now pushing 50. mine is extremely mint and 20k miles so I almost never drive it, but every time I do I hnnnnng
    watchout your comments boyo ↓

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iwant2beswole View Post
    they don't make them like this anymore SRS

bought mine in 2019 for 24k and it's now pushing 50. mine is extremely mint and 20k miles so I almost never drive it, but every time I do I hnnnnng

Yes. I have some decent experience with cars on many levels. The S2k is a very special platform. The incredible thing is just how well balanced a car it is. But of ANY car ever driven, it has the best manual trans hands down.

It is a car that you can draw analogies like a musical instrument. It is not just going to give you instant gratification by just possessing lots of power and only requiring you to push the accelerator. BUT, if you know how to 'play it' the most beautiful and rewarding things happen. Things you simply cant get out of other cars. Such a wonderful car and truly timeless!

My sons is was a 1-owner vin matching no accident car. His has 115k miles. But that is great since he just loves to drive it. He can really make the car do it's thing. The S2K is very sensitive to lift off over steer so have to be careful to apply throttle before apex of corners. If you use it right, the chassis is wonderful. In the hands of someone who does not know how to drive, it's corner snap oversteer will assure the car ends up bent.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be